Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H_T_L

NHL SEASON SUSPENDED: Coronavirus and the NHL

254 posts in this topic

TSN reporting the league has suspended the regular season although I don't see an official announcement on NHL.com.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

All kinds of sports are cancelling the season. 

Edited by kinot-2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quebec has banned all indoor gatherings of 250 people or more. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see what SN and TSN do to fill in their sports slots.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

TSN reporting the league has suspended the regular season although I don't see an official announcement on NHL.com.

Sportsnet also reporting this and that teams are being asked to submit arena schedules to the end of July. So I guess they will have the draft, FA, Rookie Camp sand Development Camps in August. That makes for a tight schedule 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

TSN reporting the league has suspended the regular season although I don't see an official announcement on NHL.com.

 

14 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Sportsnet also reporting this and that teams are being asked to submit arena schedules to the end of July. So I guess they will have the draft, FA, Rookie Camp sand Development Camps in August. That makes for a tight schedule 

Yup. Official now.  Craziness. - not that they've done it - which i think is the right call - but crazy that its spread so fast that its come to this.


 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Quebec has banned all indoor gatherings of 250 people or more. 

Jeez. That's like... a lot of events that will be impacted.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

It will be interesting to see what SN and TSN do to fill in their sports slots.

Yeah. True. Now that there's no hockey to cover, what the heck are they gonna do?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah. True. Now that there's no hockey to cover, what the heck are they gonna do?

They‘ll show reruns of the best Habs playoff runs in the recent years! Oh wait... :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChiLla said:

They‘ll show reruns of the best Habs playoff runs in the recent years! Oh wait... :P

Take us back to 1993!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Take us back to 1993!

somewhere i have a VHS of that season. I have no idea why, i just felt like something was up & from the 1st game till the end of the season I recorded every single game's highlights on the TSN highlights.   Funny that they went on to win that year.  Only year i ever did it. 

Hrm, maybe i should try that next year... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maas_art said:

somewhere i have a VHS of that season. I have no idea why, i just felt like something was up & from the 1st game till the end of the season I recorded every single game's highlights on the TSN highlights.   Funny that they went on to win that year.  Only year i ever did it. 

Hrm, maybe i should try that next year... 

You should convert that VHS and upload it somewhere! I’d definitely watch the whole tape :D 1993 was my first time in Montreal... caught a couple of games and been a Habs fan ever since :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All Canadian junior hockey is cancelled as well. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

All kinds of sports are cancelling the season. 

Except for major league baseball which has so far moved back the start of the regular season, but has canceled spring training.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our playoff hopes are dashed. 

:6351:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, maas_art said:

somewhere i have a VHS of that season. I have no idea why, i just felt like something was up & from the 1st game till the end of the season I recorded every single game's highlights on the TSN highlights.   Funny that they went on to win that year.  Only year i ever did it. 

Hrm, maybe i should try that next year... 

I'd advise against it. You'll probably be disappointed. :lol:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PGA is continuing as scheduled, though they are supposed to be playing without spectators.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And to think that I spent 1 1/2 hours making the GDT. What a gigantic waste of time. 

:5155:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suspended until prudent and appropriate to resume...Meanwhile I"m going with the chicken marsala with ground mustard at least for the next couple days and some more next week..

Later guys

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kinot-2 said:

And to think that I spent 1 1/2 hours making the GDT. What a gigantic waste of time. 

:5155:

LOL...Oops   Sorry buddy

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All teams have submitted arena availability dates into July.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

All teams have submitted arena availability dates into July.

lol..like Montreal is going to need it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NASCAR is running their races without fans in the stands.

Schools in Ontario are going to stay closed for the 2 weeks following March break. I imagine this is due to international vacations but won't most people just extend their vacations? I would LOL! Then come back and be quarantined for 2 weeks all paid you bet! I get 3 weeks paid vacation and can work from home so any time I would miss would be paid LOL 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

And to think that I spent 1 1/2 hours making the GDT. What a gigantic waste of time. 

:5155:

This is like putting away the snow shovels & then it snows.


So wait.. does this mean we can #blamekinot for the Coronavirus now?? :rolleyes:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

lol..like Montreal is going to need it

Yeah..probably in some vain attempt to finish the reg season.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.