Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H_T_L

NHL SEASON SUSPENDED: Coronavirus and the NHL

254 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, maas_art said:

This is like putting away the snow shovels & then it snows.

So wait.. does this mean we can #blamekinot for the Coronavirus now?? :rolleyes:

:6185:

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

And to think that I spent 1 1/2 hours making the GDT. What a gigantic waste of time. 

:5155:

That..  took 1 1/2 hours?

2 hours ago, archey said:

Suspended until prudent and appropriate to resume...Meanwhile I"m going with the chicken marsala with ground mustard at least for the next couple days and some more next week..

Later guys

Is that a virus killer????

30 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

That..  took 1 1/2 hours?

Ya know, I just don't throw something up willy-nilly. There's a lot of extensive research that go into my GDTs. :frech1:

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

Yeah..probably in some vain attempt to finish the reg season.

Yeah,,,,, have a round robin tournament that all teams that weren't in a playoff spot qualify for,,,, then they add another best of 3 followed by a best of 5 for a couple rounds leading to a best of 7 final. They can get that done in August,,,,right??:ph34r:

Anybody cancelling upcoming travel plans??

34 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Maybe

i’m scheduled to visit the US at the end of March.

52 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

17 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Maybe

i’m scheduled to visit the US at the end of March.

I "was" planning a trip to Texas in early June, but not sure now. 

Had a cruise planned in July that we cancelled. Still debating our Vegas trip in April.

NHL made the right decision. Wouldn't look good having Marchand going around licking players. 

3 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

NHL made the right decision. Wouldn't look good having Marchand going around licking players. 

:4224:

Well I have a better understanding about the run on toilet paper as grown men across North America begin to cry at the loss of sports or perhaps it's all the extra time they will now have to devote to their significant others.:4845:

SN is floating the idea of "if" it's an extended suspension, then they "could" base the standing on each teams winning percentage as it stands today., and forego the rest of the regular season. 

Someone else suggested a March Madness kind of thing.

6 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

SN is floating the idea of "if" it's an extended suspension, then they "could" base the standing on each teams winning percentage as it stands today., and forego the rest of the regular season. 

That puts us 6th i believe.  Winning percentage (in regulation as they usually dont count the OT and SO wins in this calculation) we are .415  Only Anaheim (.408), LA (.400), SJS (.400) Ottawa (.387) and Detroit (.246!!) are behind us. 

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

That puts us 6th i believe.  Winning percentage (in regulation as they usually dont count the OT and SO wins in this calculation) we are .415  Only Anaheim (.408), LA (.400), SJS (.400) Ottawa (.387) and Detroit (.246!!) are behind us. 

Either SN or TSN showed us at 500%. 

Trudeau's wife Sophie has tested positive for the virus as per CBC.

1 minute ago, kinot-2 said:

Either SN or TSN showed us at 500%. 

thats including OT/SO wins   Usually, for this sort of thing, they do not include those tallies although this is uncharted territory. 

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

thats including OT/SO wins   Usually, for this sort of thing, they do not include those tallies although this is uncharted territory. 

I'm just hoping for a Plan B. 

14 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I'm just hoping for a Plan B. 

Plan B just announced! We enact the most SC's clause. A little known clause in the CBA which can only be enacted IF the season is shortened due to a virus pandemic and awards the Canadiens both the Stanley cup and the 1st and 2nd overall draft picks in the upcoming draft. :6396:

6 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Plan B just announced! We enact the most SC's clause. A little known clause in the CBA which can only be enacted IF the season is shortened due to a virus pandemic and awards the Canadiens both the Stanley cup and the 1st and 2nd overall draft picks in the upcoming draft. :6396:

:4224: You wish. 

2 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

:4224: You wish. 

Hey admit it so do you :4224:

12 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

“That has nothing to do with the Montreal Canadiens with the All-Star Game. I made a trade that at the time, I had to make that trade. I have a reason that I can't really tell you why, but if I could, you would probably understand.”

20 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Hey admit it so do you :4224:

Only in my pipe dream. 

I wonder how many NHL players will test positive? With over 650 players in the league, my guess is that yes, some will get it. 

89722109_10157993359495070_5322016352976764928_n.jpg