Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H_T_L

NHL SEASON SUSPENDED: Coronavirus and the NHL

254 posts in this topic

MONTREAL (March 24, 2020) - As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic that has forced the pausing of the NHL and AHL seasons, in addition to the postponements of all shows, Groupe CH has made the decision to proceed with a temporary reduction in personnel, which will impact 60% of the organization's employees. This workforce reduction will take effect on March 30. This decision was necessary given the significant impact the pandemic has had on the sports and entertainment industries. 

11 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

MONTREAL (March 24, 2020) - As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic that has forced the pausing of the NHL and AHL seasons, in addition to the postponements of all shows, Groupe CH has made the decision to proceed with a temporary reduction in personnel, which will impact 60% of the organization's employees. This workforce reduction will take effect on March 30. This decision was necessary given the significant impact the pandemic has had on the sports and entertainment industries. 

Man, I feel for those people. Everywhere so many people are losing their jobs because of this. I just hope COVID-19 gets under control in North America in the next few months and many of these people impacted can return to work.

I am disappointed in the majority of the player's response to this crisis. Many team owners have taken steps to help employees laid off etc. The players say they want to be in a partnership with the owners and the league, this would be a good time to make more small gestures to show they understand what that curtails.

Price stepped up and arranged for his charitable foundation to donate an amount equaling .0048 % of his annual salary to help feed children in need. It would be nice to see other players do something similar as they remain on full salary at home. 

Yesterday I tried to "walk the walk" by visiting my local food bank and matching Carey's donation ( percentage wise of course LOL ) I encourage all others, if circumstances permit, to do what they can to help us all get through this difficult time.

NHL draft has now been postponed to a later date.  

Subban to host an NHL sponsored trivia game show to lighten the Coronavirus gloom and help fans suffering from hockey withdrawal.

Lundqvist and Toews donate $100,000 from their foundations to food banks and to help fight Coronavirus. 

Posted (edited)

FWIW, tonight, SNE is showing the 1993 game 2 of the Kings at the Habs at 7 est. 

PVRing it  :P

Edited by kinot-2

Posted (edited)

Wife says: "just proves that Bob Cole was a lousy PBP guy even back then. :4224:

Bold prediction,,, Habs win in OT, 3-2. 

:ph34r: 

Edited by kinot-2

Posted (edited)

Looks like there are 19 Gallys out there. :freu1:

They should show these tapes to our current team. 

Penalty  filled game. 

Edited by kinot-2

Posted (edited)

Game 3 of Habs/LA, 1993,  is on SNE is next Sat. 8:30.

Edited by kinot-2

WINNNNZZZZZZZZZ :banana_dancing::banana_dancing::banana_dancing:

11 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

WINNNNZZZZZZZZZ :banana_dancing::banana_dancing::banana_dancing:

:4224:

The league still hopes to resume the season.  At this point, it's a bit delusional.  

On 2020-03-28 at 7:02 PM, kinot-2 said:

Game 3 of Habs/LA, 1993,  is on SNE is next Sat. 8:30.

Totally enjoyed that one. I think I recorded it to watch again. I always liked that McSorley, but didn't remember Desjardins with the hat trick. I am hearing today UFA's may taking a big pay cut as the cap might be coming down a wee bit. Could be interesting for teams with a lot of players locked in on high salaries. Now if they would play game 5 of that series it would be nice.

NHL.com.  Two Colorado players that tested positive are recovering.  

NHL.com.  Four more Ottawa players have tested positive for the virus.  

Players have gotten together to purchase N95 masks and have donated them to hospitals.  

A third Colorado player has tested positive for the virus.  

On 2020-03-18 at 1:12 PM, campabee82 said:

I agree but also feel like if the players had a choice they would do a March madness type of playoff where every team qualifies and either single elimination or best of 3 series wins.The owners and Betteman are not going to give up the season without a dogfight and some sort of gimmick that recoups some of the lost revenues like a 24 team playoffs. It's not really in the best interest of either side to cancel the season cause the league loses revenue and the players lose more to escrow.

I like the sounds of the single game elimination playoffs. Probably the best shot at salvaging the season. Take Detroit out of the equation (perhaps guarantee them 1st overall as a consolation), give the top team in each the East and West a first round bye, whoever can manage to win 5 straight lifts the cup. Something like that can be hammered out in a two week period, stick a bow on top and call it a year. At least then the league can move forward with the rest of the off-season in schedule. The only question would be how to sort out the rest of the draft order after Detroit...

Openning night of the playoffs tonight and it looks like the Habs aren't playing. That's the bad news. The good news is we're in the same boat as everybody else but with a higher draft pick an dno picks traded away for a playoff run. Unless they change the rules.

Just cancel the season. No matter how they set up the playoffs it will be forever tainted. 

NHL.com.  Ottawa players are now recovering according to the coach.  

16 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Just cancel the season. No matter how they set up the playoffs it will be forever tainted. 

I agree. Should be cancelled at this point. Let's also not kid ourselves. Isolation strategies are going to remain in place for months. Might as well forget about 2019-2020 and move forward on next season.

7 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I agree. Should be cancelled at this point. Let's also not kid ourselves. Isolation strategies are going to remain in place for months. Might as well forget about 2019-2020 and move forward on next season.

As an added bonus, Kinot won't win the Stonely Cup!

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

As an added bonus, Kinot won't win the Stonely Cup!

:6416:

24 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

:6416:

Social distance please.