Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H_T_L

NHL SEASON SUSPENDED: Coronavirus and the NHL

254 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Social distance please.

Always. :frech1:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

:6416:

You really shouldn't speak so moistly.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MuddyWaterMoose said:

You really shouldn't speak so moistly.

 

Geez.......I can't stand the guy as it is and you go and post this. :wut2: 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Geez.......I can't stand the guy as it is and you go and post this. :wut2: 

Could be 1000 times worst we have the moron Trump!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eight NHL players are known to have tested positive for COVID-19, five members of the Ottawa Senators and three members of the Colorado Avalanche. All of the affected Senators were symptom-free as of Wednesday, according to coach D.J. Smith.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because there are no sports games on TV, SN has been replaying some NHL PO games. I'm just watching GM 3 of the '59 POs, with Habs at Laffs. 2 guys both get a penalty and they both go to the box, same box side by side with each other, :4224:.  So weird to see Plante without his mask.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good replays lately. Oil and Flyers Habs vs Flame and LA, but they need  to show the Habs hoisting the cup  a few times.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Habberwacky said:

Some good replays lately. Oil and Flyers Habs vs Flame and LA, but they need  to show the Habs hoisting the cup  a few times.

Ya, I really wanna see that, however, SN only wants to show the laffs winning games, or the Habs losing. 

Edited by kinot-2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone think that they will limit the number of spots a team can move to 4? I feel like a better option would be to leave the top 10 the way it is and then allow the rest of the league to move a max of 4 spots. Even if they resume the season everyone from Arizona back is pretty much out of the playoffs only basically Arizona and Chicago have an outside shot at the playoffs really. That makes things much more fair for everyone involved.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Anyone think that they will limit the number of spots a team can move to 4? I feel like a better option would be to leave the top 10 the way it is and then allow the rest of the league to move a max of 4 spots. Even if they resume the season everyone from Arizona back is pretty much out of the playoffs only basically Arizona and Chicago have an outside shot at the playoffs really. That makes things much more fair for everyone involved.

I can't see the NHL doing something as drastic as limiting to 4 spots. I don't see why they'd even consider something like that, why all of a sudden introduce benefits to the worst 4 teams while punishing every other team that misses the playoffs. 

i think your proposal makes sense and seems to be right in the middle of both scenarios. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AHL season and playoffs are now canceled.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  hate the idea of hub cities I think it is rediculous for the league to expect players to isolate from their families for months on end. That said IF they are hell bent on going this route why don't they just pay 4 universities that have hockey teams and take over the campuses they would have Dorms, Cafeterias, room for medical staff and ice space for the games everything is already in place even the arenas are already setup for television just upgrade the feeds

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Since all sports (read hockey) have been cancelled, SN has been replaying old games, and I've been watching out for the Habs games. Tonite they are showing a 1976 PO game between the Flyers and the Habs in Philly. Great to hear Gallivan do the PBP, and Dick Irvin the colour. Good times :) . Love the '76 team. Strange that the Flyers had their names on their jerseys but the Habs did not. Lots of HOFs and retired jerseys on that team :) . Habs only lost 1 game in the POs that year in 3 PO rounds. 1 sec. left and they call the game,,,,, 5-3 Habs. Apparently, you can't score 2 goals in 1 sec.:lol: .

WINNNNNZ. :freu1:

Edited by kinot-2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imagine the NHLPA would be okay with spending months in a few hub cities in a 24-team format. Why on Earth would the players agree to spend that much time in another city away from their families?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I can't imagine the NHLPA would be okay with spending months in a few hub cities in a 24-team format. Why on Earth would the players agree to spend that much time in another city away from their families?

agree. i just cant see how they can make this thing work.  will be interesting to see if they try though. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I can't imagine the NHLPA would be okay with spending months in a few hub cities in a 24-team format. Why on Earth would the players agree to spend that much time in another city away from their families?

These guys are making millions to start with. They will be staying in great hotels being spoiled and taken care of. A lot of these are young men without family ties yet. There are a lot of jobs mine included (not making millions!) U.S Merchant Marine , I sail on the Great Lakes and have had several hitches of 3 months or more. Being stuck on a vessel away from home and even being not able to go to the store. Currently no shore leave except  crew change to from the vessel. I know there are people in the Military who have far longer deployments and deep seas also. I'm sure along with a whole list of other jobs. (yes it's a job and they work hard at their craft) but still "playing a game" they love. They also have all sorts of communication available to them, which not all jobs do. This wouldn't be 6 months it would maybe 2-3 months and that is only for the teams that go far. I do know throughout the normal season they are also away from home a lot. So are a lot of other people and most aren't able to retire at 30-35, which any of them can do if they know how to manage their money.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I can't imagine the NHLPA would be okay with spending months in a few hub cities in a 24-team format. Why on Earth would the players agree to spend that much time in another city away from their families?

I imagine, for some, it is all about money. For some... image. For others... it is what they want do as athletes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

These guys are making millions to start with. They will be staying in great hotels being spoiled and taken care of. A lot of these are young men without family ties yet. There are a lot of jobs mine included (not making millions!) U.S Merchant Marine , I sail on the Great Lakes and have had several hitches of 3 months or more. Being stuck on a vessel away from home and even being not able to go to the store. Currently no shore leave except  crew change to from the vessel. I know there are people in the Military who have far longer deployments and deep seas also. I'm sure along with a whole list of other jobs. (yes it's a job and they work hard at their craft) but still "playing a game" they love. They also have all sorts of communication available to them, which not all jobs do. This wouldn't be 6 months it would maybe 2-3 months and that is only for the teams that go far. I do know throughout the normal season they are also away from home a lot. So are a lot of other people and most aren't able to retire at 30-35, which any of them can do if they know how to manage their money.

I take your point, but I still don't think the NHLPA will agree to a 24-team format and hub cities.

Many are young men without families, yes, but many are not. What percentage of agreement would the NHLPA need to vote in favor of a hub city playoff format? Anyone know?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

I imagine, for some, it is all about money. For some... image. For others... it is what they want do as athletes.

I don't even think the players get paid for playoff games. Isn't a player's salary paid out entirely during the regular season? Or, I mean, for the regular season games?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.