Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

399 posts in this topic

ETBtGoEUYAEaP1H.jpg:large

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^ This. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya, know, Ford invests $20 mil. for finding a solution to the Wuhan virus in Ont. Meanwhile our supreme idiot send $830 mil. to China for them to do research on finding a solution to the virus. Does he need a psychologist/psychiatrist? 

:wut2:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya, know, Ford invests $20 mil. for finding a solution to the Wuhan virus in Ont. Meanwhile our supreme idiot send $830 mil. to China for them to do research on finding a solution to the virus. Does he need a psychologist/psychiatrist? 

:wut2:

At least you have Trudeau.  That's more than what Trump's doing.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the surprise of no one, the Mafia is poise to take advantage of the situation in any way they can.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like the PGA Tour will be getting back soon. They have released their revised schedule.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The highest German football leagues (Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga) will resume operations on May 8th... all games will be held in empty arenas though, no attendance allowed. I'm guessing they have similar plans in place for the European Champions League. Apparently, the Gernab club teams were pressing really hard to finish the season, as otherwise a number of teams would have to file for bankruptcy.

I think it's a really dumb decision because IMO there's a good chance they'll need to shut everything down again once the first player/staff member is tested positive but hey, money is more important I guess. For regular testing and safety/protection they'll also need a metric ton of covid-19 tests and masks that could certainly be put to better use elsewhere...

Edited by ChiLla
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Experts are now saying a vaccine could be years away.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Experts are now saying a vaccine could be years away.  

A friend of mine is an infectious disease specialist. He mentioned to me that a vaccine is, indeed, likely a while away. He also mentioned that some of the most promising work being done on vaccines... Well, those don't have much of a supply chain for mass manufacturing it. He's more hopeful a therapeutic drug is able to help the situation before a vaccine is completed and available.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3M files first lawsuit against Canadian company accused of selling N95 masks for $17 each.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pandemic-coronavirus-covid-china-shanghai-ppe-1.5539869

 

About a month ago, my daughter's BF bought 12 for $14. 2 for him, 2 for my daughter, 2 each for his parents, and 2 each for my wife and I. 

Edited by kinot-2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

3M files first lawsuit against Canadian company accused of selling N95 masks for $17 each.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pandemic-coronavirus-covid-china-shanghai-ppe-1.5539869

 

About a month ago, my daughter's BF bought 12 for $14. 2 for him, 2 for my daughter, 2 each for his parents, and 2 each for my wife and I. 

The "company" has been traced to Kitchener.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next wave could being coming this fall and is likely to be even worse due to fact that it would coincide with flu season.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2020 at 5:33 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

A friend of mine is an infectious disease specialist. He mentioned to me that a vaccine is, indeed, likely a while away. He also mentioned that some of the most promising work being done on vaccines... Well, those don't have much of a supply chain for mass manufacturing it. He's more hopeful a therapeutic drug is able to help the situation before a vaccine is completed and available.

Yes to the bolded part.   Vaccines almost always take a while - even if they came up with one today, the masses wouldnt have it for roughly a year (testing, trials, production etc) so the best hope is that there's an existing drug out there that will actually help now. A few countries have reported they are testing existing drugs but so far Im not sure that any are proving effective. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Next wave could being coming this fall and is likely to be even worse due to fact that it would coincide with flu season.  

2nd wave often is.  Lets hope we are prepared for it with this virus.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ya. know, I really hope that after the virus is over, that there will be a forensic investigation re how the various levels of governments handled this crisis. 

Like my father used to say to me "I'm fed up", about the ineptitude of our (Canada's) authorities' information that we have been told.

The risk is low

You don't need to wear a mask

You should wear a mask.

We need to self isolate.

IMO, you had better get it right the first time or lives will be lost. This is no time to to guess. 

BTW, the Spanish flu didn't come from Ecuador, IMO, the virus should be called the "Wuhan Virus".

:wut2:

 

Edited by kinot-2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya. know, I really hope that after the virus is over, that there will be a forensic investigation re how the various levels of governments handled this crisis. 

Like my father used to say to me "I'm fed up", about the ineptitude of our (Canada's) authorities' information that we have been told.

The risk is low

You don't need to wear a mask

You should wear a mask.

We need to self isolate.

IMO, you had better get it right the first time or lives will be lost. This is no time to to guess. 

BTW, the Spanish flu didn't come from Ecuador, IMO, the virus should be called the "Wuhan Virus".

:wut2:

 

Some interesting insights, even across borders it seems to be the same pattern: Over here, people were told initially that masks are useless and that we shouldn't wear them. Now wearing masks is strongly encouraged by the government and starting next Monday, wearing a mask will be mandatory in public spaces like shops, public transport, etc.

Additionally, we're still being encouraged to keep social contacts the the absolute bare minimum, even in private. However, since last Monday, shops have reopened and now we're somehow allowed to 'go shopping' with a bunch of complete strangers around us? I get that you need to protect the economy and all that but it just doesn't make sense.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, maas_art said:

2nd wave often is.  Lets hope we are prepared for it with this virus.

And Trump is already denying it saying the CDC director was misquoted.  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya. know, I really hope that after the virus is over, that there will be a forensic investigation re how the various levels of governments handled this crisis. 

Like my father used to say to me "I'm fed up", about the ineptitude of our (Canada's) authorities' information that we have been told.

The risk is low

You don't need to wear a mask

You should wear a mask.

We need to self isolate.

IMO, you had better get it right the first time or lives will be lost. This is no time to to guess. 

BTW, the Spanish flu didn't come from Ecuador, IMO, the virus should be called the "Wuhan Virus".

:wut2:

 

Actually it's not known where the Spanish Flu came from and the first reported case was from the United States. It ended up getting called the Spanish Flu because Spain was the hardest-hit country, not because it originated there. By that logic, this Coronavirus should be called the American Flu!

3 hours ago, ChiLla said:

Some interesting insights, even across borders it seems to be the same pattern: Over here, people were told initially that masks are useless and that we shouldn't wear them. Now wearing masks is strongly encouraged by the government and starting next Monday, wearing a mask will be mandatory in public spaces like shops, public transport, etc.

Additionally, we're still being encouraged to keep social contacts the the absolute bare minimum, even in private. However, since last Monday, shops have reopened and now we're somehow allowed to 'go shopping' with a bunch of complete strangers around us? I get that you need to protect the economy and all that but it just doesn't make sense.

Based on what we know, N95 masks reduce the chances of an individual catching the infection. You're correct that regular masks don't do that very much. But what they do is reduce the amount of virus that a sick person spreads into their environment. So your going out in public with a mask doesn't do anything for you, but if everyone wears a mask then it should theoretically reduce the spread of the virus by containing more of the viral particles within the masks. It's more of a group public health benefit than a benefit to the one person sporting the mask.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found out the Missouri is the first state in the US to file a lawsuit against the Chinese for its handling of the corona virus.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-lawsuit/in-a-first-missouri-sues-china-over-coronavirus-economic-losses-idUSKCN2232US

You can bet the house that Michigan will not be far behind, considering what a mess our state government and our governor is. Gretchen Whitmer will stop at nothing. And the people of Michigan are very angry at her handling of this.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Based on what we know, N95 masks reduce the chances of an individual catching the infection. You're correct that regular masks don't do that very much. But what they do is reduce the amount of virus that a sick person spreads into their environment. So your going out in public with a mask doesn't do anything for you, but if everyone wears a mask then it should theoretically reduce the spread of the virus by containing more of the viral particles within the masks. It's more of a group public health benefit than a benefit to the one person sporting the mask.

 

I completely agree, I wasn’t questioning the effectiveness of masks - it totally makes sense wearing them. That’s not what our government told us a few weeks ago though, back then they were actively discouraging people around here to wear them. As of next week it’ll be mandatory though, which just doesn’t add up. I don’t like being lied to is all I’m saying.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Larry-Launstein-Jr said:

I just found out the Missouri is the first state in the US to file a lawsuit against the Chinese for its handling of the corona virus.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-lawsuit/in-a-first-missouri-sues-china-over-coronavirus-economic-losses-idUSKCN2232US

You can bet the house that Michigan will not be far behind, considering what a mess our state government and our governor is. Gretchen Whitmer will stop at nothing. And the people of Michigan are very angry at her handling of this.

 

She is doing a great job . Michigan is one of the harder hit states. She is actually listening to the scientist and medical professionals. It is irresponsible to not have full concern for the health of the citizens first and foremost. Every poll the vast majority is supporting her. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

She is doing a great job . Michigan is one of the harder hit states. She is actually listening to the scientist and medical professionals. It is irresponsible to not have full concern for the health of the citizens first and foremost. Every poll the vast majority is supporting her. 

I'll bet she's glad her last name isn't Kemp! And I don't believe for a minute Trump called Kemp to voice his displeasure of Kemp's opening of Georgia. He's just trying to cover his ass in public.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, habs1952 said:

I'll bet she's glad her last name isn't Kemp! And I don't believe for a minute Trump called Kemp to voice his displeasure of Kemp's opening of Georgia. He's just trying to cover his ass in public.

Unfortunately Trump back peddles and contradicts what he himself say day to day. He even contradicts his own scientist and medical experts. His ego is so fragile that as President he never will take any responsibility and will deflect or blame someone or something else. He only wants praise and ratings and worship. It's a sad display. I couldn't imagine working in any part of his administration. He turns on his own people and fires anybody at almost any time. Good for the country he just appointed a dog breeder to head up the health administration! 

Edited by CaptWelly
spelling
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we take the Trump bashing to the Politics thread?  

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.