Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

388 posts in this topic

Ya know, tonite on TV news I watched as 2 children of different seniors in a long term health care home were distraught as their parents who had the virus, weren't receiving the care that their children felt they were deserving of. 

Now, my parents have passed away, but if they were in a long term care home and that home was short of staff, I would do everything in my power to get into that home to make sure that my parents were well cared for, or I would try to take them home. Masks, shields or gowns, whatever it would take. 

94199438_2993653580717227_443667669250473984_o.jpg

The WHO is now saying there is no evidence anyone who has been infected with the virus will develop or has already developed any immunity to a future illness.  

Word of the day: Lysol

President Trump  lysol the time.

11 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

I see what you did there. :4224:

7 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Trump would have been better off talking about using Chuck Norris to beat the virus. At least that would make sense.

Posted (edited)

93481259_2125864850879319_3656132305614798848_o.jpg

92458731_2908234492559530_786383871670222848_o.jpg

Edited by kinot-2

Posted (edited)

Can anyone,,,,,anyone explain to me why Canada has a death toll of as of Apr. 25, just under 1500, while China has a death toll of 10 in a country of 1.39 billion. Taiwan has a population of 2/3 of Canada's' and has just 6 deaths. do not get it. 

Edited by kinot-2

Posted (edited)

Ya know, Dr. Tam is the same "top" doctor who said this virus is a "low-risk" to Canada, also said she no knowledge about it until feb-march, and also said that travel restrictions "are not the best idea", and that because "china reported this virus very quickly, and we should be supporting and helping them". gets me wondering who side is she on? From what Trudeau has been saying is Canada has been sending money, planes for equipment but yet we have been getting nothing back! IMO, I don't even watch her, Trudeau, or Hadju anywhere. 

Edited by kinot-2

7 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Can anyone,,,,,anyone explain to me why Canada has a death toll of as of Apr. 25, just under 1500, while China has a death toll of 10 in a country of 1.39 billion. Taiwan has a population of 2/3 of Canada's' and has just 6 deaths. do not get it. 

It could be worse.  The U.S. has about a third of the total cases in the worse and over one fourth of the total deaths.  I don't need to explain why.  

Meat supply in the U.S. is at a breaking point because meat plants are closing because of the virus.  That is also due to management's attitude towards workers.  

13 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

China has a 'reported' death toll of 4,642. 

11 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, Dr. Tam is the same "top" doctor who said this virus is a "low-risk" to Canada, also said she no knowledge about it until feb-march, and also said that travel restrictions "are not the best idea", and that because "china reported this virus very quickly, and we should be supporting and helping them". gets me wondering who side is she on? From what Trudeau has been saying is Canada has been sending money, planes for equipment but yet we have been getting nothing back! IMO, I don't even watch her, Trudeau, or Hadju anywhere. 

Something fishy is going on and all fingers point to Turdeau.

11 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I can't stomach watching Turdeau. I feel like I'm being spoken to like a 4 year old.

3 hours ago, habs1952 said:

"Reported"  being the operative word. 

Read an article today that U of Oxford has had excellent results on their vaccine search and are quite away ahead of everybody else. They're talking possibly September of this year. Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Read an article today that U of Oxford has had excellent results on their vaccine search and are quite away ahead of everybody else. They're talking possibly September of this year. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, all we can do is hope but how long will it take to produce 7 billion doses? 

5 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

"Reported"  being the operative word. 

All the numbers are fudged. My guess is you need to add at least 50% of the total. They don't count what they don't test. The UK is only counting the people dying in the hospital.

94280043_3733602393348018_8550221116767993856_n.jpg

Let the lawsuits begin. 

3 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Yeah, all we can do is hope but how long will it take to produce 7 billion doses? 

Strictly IMO, "if" scientists (from around the world), come up with a vaccine, then they would share it with other countries, so that the other countries can produce their own vaccines. 

18 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Another talking point for Trump?  

8 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Strictly IMO, "if" scientists (from around the world), come up with a vaccine, then they would share it with other countries, so that the other countries can produce their own vaccines. 

I think there are major concerns about the capacity to manufacture a vaccine, though. A friend of mine who works in the field of infectious disease has mentioned that some of the vaccines that are showing promise have absolutely no supply chains for mass manufacture. How long does that take to develop? I have no idea. I remain skeptical about vaccines being a solution to the problem in 2020. I think a therapeutic drug might be more likely.

What do Mike Pence (VP), and the Mayo Clinic have to do with each other? I'm glad you asked me that. 

Mike Pence is heading a task force to look into the virus and he went to the Mayo Clinic with his staff, to speak to Drs. nurses, and patients. The Mayo Clinic has, for 2 weeks stipulated that if you walk thru the doors you must put a mask on. He was shown on TV. talking to people not wearing one. He was the only one not to wear a mask amongst a dozen of so, Drs. patients and of course the rest of his task force. His reply re his non-use of a mask was that he gets tested often (I found out later 6 days). He also said that when he talks to people, he likes to look them in the eye (I kid you not). It was also revealed that 16% of tests are faulty.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

What do Mike Pence (VP), and the Mayo Clinic have to do with each other? I'm glad you asked me that. 

Mike Pence is heading a task force to look into the virus and he went to the Mayo Clinic with his staff, to speak to Drs. nurses, and patients. The Mayo Clinic has, for 2 weeks stipulated that if you walk thru the doors you must put a mask on. He was shown on TV. talking to people not wearing one. He was the only one not to wear a mask amongst a dozen of so, Drs. patients and of course the rest of his task force. His reply re his non-use of a mask was that he gets tested often (I found out later 6 days). He also said that when he talks to people, he likes to look them in the eye (I kid you not). It was also revealed that 16% of tests are faulty.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Look them in the eye????? He's been hanging around Trump way too much.:lol: