Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

388 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Look them in the eye????? He's been hanging around Trump way too much.:lol:

Don Lemon (CNN), afterwards put on a mask and said, "I'm pretty sure you can see my eyes and I could see yours with a mask on". :4224:

Oxford scientists say they may have a Covid-19 vaccine ready by the end of September.  

An inevitable result of this crisis is an emergency room doctor has committed suicide after treating numerous patients and contracting the virus.  It's a wonder this hasn't been a more frequent occurrence.  

On 2020-04-27 at 6:38 PM, H_T_L said:

Read an article today that U of Oxford has had excellent results on their vaccine search and are quite away ahead of everybody else. They're talking possibly September of this year. Fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Oxford scientists say they may have a Covid-19 vaccine ready by the end of September.  

:7072:

57 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

:7072:

LOL.....I think some people post without reading the thread. 

3 hours ago, habs1952 said:

LOL.....I think some people post without reading the thread. 

No doubt.

Posted (edited)

Ok,,, let's crunch the numbers. Quebec has around 8 mil. people, Ont. has around 14 mil. people. Quebec has over 26,000 cases and over 1,700 deaths. Ont. has a pop. of over 14 mil. people, with 15,700 cases with just over 1,100 deaths. Now, Legault wants to send public school children back to school, but just don't hug you grandparents. The high school and university students wouldn't go back until Sept. IMO, he's throwing the children under the school bus. 

Personally, I wouldn't be letting my child go back to school. It's almost as though the kids are lab rats. IMO, cannon fodder. 

IMO, that's what Trump would do. 

Edited by kinot-2

11 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ok,,, let's crunch the numbers. Quebec has around 8 mil. people, Ont. has around 14 mil. people. Quebec has over 26,000 cases and over 1,700 deaths. Ont. has a pop. of over 14 mil. people, with 15,700 cases with just over 1,100 deaths. Now, Legault wants to send public school children back to school, but just don't hug you grandparents. The high school and university students wouldn't go back until Sept. IMO, he's throwing the children under the school bus. 

Personally, I wouldn't be letting my child go back to school. It's almost as though the kids are lab rats. IMO, cannon fodder. 

Stupidity is not an exclusive club unfortunately.

Its pretty stupid for sure. And nonsensical for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that these children all live with adults - many of whom are at high risk. So even if you think that children wont be affected (and that seems to be being disproved in europe) if you open up schools you might as well open up everything because they are coming home to the rest of the population.   Its not just seniors who are at risk. Anyone with heart, lung or several other conditions are at risk.  Sure, they may be less likely to die - if properly treated - but if you allow this thing to spread the treatment will be far less likely with hospitals being overrun.   

Its like we havent been watching italy and spain go through this exact thing for the past few months.  Lunacy. 

Here in BC the Govt announced that its "highly unlikely" any children will be back at school before fall. 

12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

It just goes to show how stupid politicians really are, no matter who you vote for. 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Its pretty stupid for sure. And nonsensical for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that these children all live with adults - many of whom are at high risk. So even if you think that children wont be affected (and that seems to be being disproved in europe) if you open up schools you might as well open up everything because they are coming home to the rest of the population.   Its not just seniors who are at risk. Anyone with heart, lung or several other conditions are at risk.  Sure, they may be less likely to die - if properly treated - but if you allow this thing to spread the treatment will be far less likely with hospitals being overrun.   

Its like we havent been watching italy and spain go through this exact thing for the past few months.  Lunacy. 

Here in BC the Govt announced that its "highly unlikely" any children will be back at school before fall. 

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

It just goes to show how stupid politicians really are, no matter who you vote for. 

School lunches will be a problem, as well as recesses, and buses. 

20 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

9 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Stupidity is not an exclusive club unfortunately.

geeeeeeeeeeeezzz, I was reprimanded for posting "political" opinions , no offense intended here ....just sayin'

1 hour ago, HARBORSPORT said:

geeeeeeeeeeeezzz, I was reprimanded for posting "political" opinions , no offense intended here ....just sayin'

JM2C, HS, but what and how politicians are doing concerning the virus are intertwined, so it might be difficult to differentiate between the two. 

14 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

JM2C, HS, but what and how politicians are doing concerning the virus are intertwined, so it might be difficult to differentiate between the two. 

Yes.  

Its when the thread goes way off line (like it did a few weeks back) into a complete political discussion, that it needs to be taken to the other thread in the lounge.  

Posted (edited)

An interesting read from Global News on how China was securing PPE from Chinese ex-pats around the world back in Jan. It's long but very informative. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/6858818/coronavirus-china-united-front-canada-protective-equipment-shortage/

Edited by kinot-2

22 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

An interesting read from Global News on how China was securing PPE from Chinese ex-pats around the world back in Jan. It's long but very informative. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/6858818/coronavirus-china-united-front-canada-protective-equipment-shortage/

good read there...

and.......if you think back to any news reel stuff from the last year or so.....the general population of China was always shown wearing face masks....we were lead to believe it was "pollution" oriented.........maaaaaaaaaaaaybe not :7072:

This lockdown, is a cinch. Seems like last year I was doing "almost" the same thing

Ya know, I watched CNN the other day and they said that Mass. bought PPEs and when the shipment came into NY harbour, the feds conficated the shipment. Then some guy named Kurschner (SP?), said they we confiscated because they are "ours". WTH are you going to do with them????? 

Ya know, I watched CNN the other day and they said that Mass. bought PPEs and when the shipment came into NY harbour, the feds conficated the shipment. Then some guy named Kurschner (SP?), said they we confiscated because they are "ours". WTH are you going to do with them????? 

That story is as old as you! 

Three top US coronavirus task force members have self quarantined. Dr. Fauci is one of them.

11 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Three top US coronavirus task force members have self quarantined. Dr. Fauci is one of them.

I wonder how Trump is reacting to it.  As if we need to ask.  

3 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

I wonder how Trump is reacting to it.  As if we need to ask.  

The White House is testing everyone who works there daily while leaving the rest of the U.S. hanging out to die. 

18 hours ago, habs1952 said:

The White House is testing everyone who works there daily while leaving the rest of the U.S. hanging out to die. 

That was the plan all along.  

Is anyone else having problems with skyrocketing food prices?