Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

388 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Is anyone else having problems with skyrocketing food prices?  

Not yet, but I believe some shipping routes to Newfoundland (where I live) have been cancelled, so... perhaps it becomes an issue in the future. Hard to say.

11 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Is anyone else having problems with skyrocketing food prices? 

Definitely, it's been a very noticeable trend since the start of the whole thing. Especially prices of fruits and vegetables have skyrocketed over here.

5 hours ago, ChiLla said:

Definitely, it's been a very noticeable trend since the start of the whole thing. Especially prices of fruits and vegetables have skyrocketed over here.

I read the grocery stores flyers online, and I came across bacon. Now, I love bacon, but the price was too extreme for me, $5.97 for a 375 gram package (not even a pound)

. I usually pay around $4 for the same thing. Not sure if it was a store brand or not. 

89996714_520423258667204_5850590144075137024_n.jpg

92010585_10158351170282445_3071374316445630464_n.jpg

We've also had problems with violent protests over the lockdown.  Is anyone have the same problems to the extent we have?  And we all know where that stems from.  

I'm having a hard time understanding how Drs. Fauci and Birx haven't resigned their positions yet. They must be the ultimate patriots for staying around and dealing with Trump. I mean, who needs the aggravation? 

Would Trump be the first person to be vaccinated if a new rushed vaccine was found or would he claim bone spurs prevent him from doing so? 

Ya know, after being self isolating for the past 8 weeks (or is it 15?), I'd really be ticked off if I up and died from a heart attack after this is over. :wut2:

9 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Would Trump be the first person to be vaccinated if a new rushed vaccine was found or would he claim bone spurs prevent him from doing so? 

Probably not because it would likely be snakeoil.  

Posted (edited)

Watching the news tonite there was a piece on social distancing and they showed a shot of people in a pool in the U.S. I kid you not, this is exactly what a young man said when interviewed, "If I get it everybody gets it, that's life". WTH???

That guy needs a steel rod shoved thru his head:wut2:

Ya know, I don't even get my mail, even tho it's only 50' away in the lobby. I haven't been in a store since the 3rd week of Mar. I've been on 3 long drives and 2 short ones, never once getting out of my car. My wife has my debit card and buys groceries and anything thing else I need, I do online banking and went to do it and then realized I didn't have my card numbers. Because I live on the bottom floor, I can go and empty my garbage and recycles. 

True story. About 10 days ago I mentioned to my wife that I "might" need gas for my car, and that she or my daughter could come over and take the car for a fill-up. She then relayed that to my daughter. Now, I can see the gas station from inside my apt. My daughter asked my wife if she could tell if I had gone and filled up the car. Wife says yes. Daughter asked, "Would you tell me", wife says yes. 

This is my world. :(

Edited by kinot-2

11 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Watching the news tonite there was a piece on social distancing and they showed a shot of people in a pool in the U.S. I kid you not, this is exactly what a young man said when interviewed, "If I get it everybody gets it, that's life". WTH???

That guy needs a steel rod shoved thru his head:wut2:

Ya know, I don't even get my mail, even tho it's only 50' away in the lobby. I haven't been in a store since the 3rd week of Mar. I've been on 3 long drives and 2 short ones, never once getting out of my car. My wife has my debit card and buys groceries and anything thing else I need, I do online banking and went to do it and then realized I didn't have my card numbers. Because I live on the bottom floor, I can go and empty my garbage and recycles. 

True story. About 10 days ago I mentioned to my wife that I "might" need gas for my car, and that she or my daughter could come over and take the car for a fill-up. She then relayed that to my daughter. Now, I can see the gas station from inside my apt. My daughter asked my wife if she could tell if I had gone and filled up the car. Wife says yes. Daughter asked, "Would you tell me", wife says yes. 

This is my world. :(

I feel for you, I understand that some people who are at higher risk of being infected need help being protected. However being locked in the house unable to even go to work for the last 10 weeks is really starting to frustrate me. I only wish there was a better compromise to protect those who need to be protected while still allowing those of us who are not high risk to have some sort of a normal life. My kids can't even play with their friends without someone calling the police because there are more than 5 of them. That is rediculous because I have 5 kids! Life sucks we need to protect those at risk but we also need to allow kids to be kids even in these trying times. 

6 hours ago, campabee82 said:

I feel for you, I understand that some people who are at higher risk of being infected need help being protected. However being locked in the house unable to even go to work for the last 10 weeks is really starting to frustrate me. I only wish there was a better compromise to protect those who need to be protected while still allowing those of us who are not high risk to have some sort of a normal life. My kids can't even play with their friends without someone calling the police because there are more than 5 of them. That is rediculous because I have 5 kids! Life sucks we need to protect those at risk but we also need to allow kids to be kids even in these trying times. 

And as result, we'll be seeing a spike in the cases due to Trump's mishandling of the situation.  

6 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

And as result, we'll be seeing a spike in the cases due to Trump's mishandling of the situation.  

And I agree right now there is no better compromise to staying home to protect those in need, I just wish there was. I wish my kids could go outside and play and not have to worry about the police being called by someone who has nothing better to do, I wish they would find a cure to this virus so that those at risk do not have to live in fear of going out and getting sick and potentially dieing as a result. This is unfortunately the world we live in now, I was not trying to be insensitive I was just voicing my own frustration with the whole situation. 

As I am over 65, I am still waiting for my $300.  :wut2:

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 2:15 PM, campabee82 said:

And I agree right now there is no better compromise to staying home to protect those in need, I just wish there was. I wish my kids could go outside and play and not have to worry about the police being called by someone who has nothing better to do, I wish they would find a cure to this virus so that those at risk do not have to live in fear of going out and getting sick and potentially dieing as a result. This is unfortunately the world we live in now, I was not trying to be insensitive I was just voicing my own frustration with the whole situation. 

There are actually some ways to "slowly" open things up and get eventually back to a new normal. Trump down plays it but has his own staff tested frequently and does do contact tracing on all white house staff. All the experts say we need ramped up testing of all in the work force and going back to the work force. Which apparently can be done. The restart to any of the leagues that is the first step testing and tracking. We actually can do that with the general population we just have to be willing to make that happen as a nation. With Trump telling everyone get back to work but testing for everyone isn't needed is just wrong. Until a vaccine is available then we need testing for all available. Not just athletes politicians or the wealthy, everyone. It absolutely can be done. We just need the leadership to care more about the people than the stock market! …..Sorry rant over...………….GO HABS GO! 

Posted (edited)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA , I am finally free of my lock-down, albeit limited. Now, I haven't been in any store since the 3rd week in Mar. Now my jailer (daughter) has allowed me to enter a store, with my wife. WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by kinot-2

Posted (edited)

Hallelujah, I can finally get my hair cut. 

Me, slefi. 

long hair.jpg

Edited by kinot-2

On 6/6/2020 at 2:28 AM, kinot-2 said:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA , I am finally free of my lock-down, albeit limited. Now, I haven't been in any store since the 3rd week in Mar. Now my jailer (daughter) has allowed me to enter a store, with my wife. WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Sounds rough

So,,, a bunch of players and some staff from the Philly baseball team have the virus down in Florida. This is a sport with nowhere near the physical contact involved in hockey or football. Makes you think about the odds of the NHL pulling this off.

On 6/19/2020 at 0:02 PM, H_T_L said:

So,,, a bunch of players and some staff from the Philly baseball team have the virus down in Florida. This is a sport with nowhere near the physical contact involved in hockey or football. Makes you think about the odds of the NHL pulling this off.

Last week i said 50/50  

I now think its closer to 70/30 with the higher odds that it wont happen. 

On 6/22/2020 at 0:29 AM, maas_art said:

Last week i said 50/50  

I now think its closer to 70/30 with the higher odds that it wont happen. 

You're banking against the owners' and Bettman's greed though. Right now, the US is a disaster zone for COVID, especially Florida and Arizona. But until we know for sure what the hub cities are, we don't know if that affects anything. The NHL might choose to play its games in two cities that are a bit safer and choose to ignore the big picture. We know players and staff are going to be put at risk to some degree, but even with the Tampa outbreaks, the NHL is moving to Phase 2 of their plan and allowing 12 skaters to skate together at a time now (instead of just 6). So they seem to be forging ahead despite the setback medically. I think the NHL is going to try and get their playoffs in and then maybe back off on starting next season if there's trouble. If we don't see an end to this year, it'll likely be because the NHLPA steps in.

Posted (edited)

CNN at 10 PM, est.

"Dozens (as in 24 or more) of Secret Service have self isolated because 2 of his Secret Service tested positive after the Tulsa rally."

Edited by kinot-2

If you don't like wearing a mask, you won't like wearing a ventilator.

European Union to make travel off limits to Americans.  How soon does Trump throw a tirade over this?