Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

400 posts in this topic

Richy Werensky and Michael Thompson are tied after the third round of the 3M Open at -15.  

7 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Richy Werensky and Michael Thompson are tied after the third round of the 3M Open at -15.  

I feel like this doesnt really relate to Covid... :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Lost in the copy and paste wasteland:ph34r:

Big outbreak of virus cases for the Marlins baseball team. Will be interesting to see how MLB deals with this problem. Doesn't look like they'll be able to field a team for a couple weeks. This is exactly what a lot of us feared when sports resumed. Let's hope it doesn't materialize in the NHL.

How's this for outrageous?  A Florida man receives $4 million in loans for supposedly failing moving business due to the virus.  Instead, authorities say he used the money to buy a $318,000 Lambhorginni.  

6 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

How's this for outrageous?  A Florida man receives $4 million in loans for supposedly failing moving business due to the virus.  Instead, authorities say he used the money to buy a $318,000 Lambhorginni.  

Yeah, I hope that's not true. Would be really sad if it was.

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah, I hope that's not true. Would be really sad if it was.

He's been charged, so I assume its probably true (ie they have a good case against him).  What i dont get is:

"David Hines, whose business was in the red by more than $30,000, received a $4 million loan from the government and soon took to the streets of Miami Beach in his fancy Italian sports car."

Why did he get a $4,000,000 loan if he was only in debt by $30,000 ? 

43 minutes ago, maas_art said:

He's been charged, so I assume its probably true (ie they have a good case against him).  What i dont get is:

"David Hines, whose business was in the red by more than $30,000, received a $4 million loan from the government and soon took to the streets of Miami Beach in his fancy Italian sports car."

Because it's the government at work. 

On 7/26/2020 at 7:26 AM, CANADIENS27 said:

On 7/26/2020 at 2:28 PM, maas_art said:

On 7/26/2020 at 3:24 PM, H_T_L said:

Lost in the copy and paste wasteland:ph34r:

:4224:

16 hours ago, maas_art said:

For another thing, this was to be expected with Trump in office.  

2 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

For another thing, this was to be expected with Trump in office.  

Look i dislike trump as much as the next guy but this is a bit of a stretch.  You think that a president of 325,000,000+ people has anything to do with loans given out & knows whats going on when some business in florida is in debt because of Covid? lol

22 hours ago, maas_art said:

Look i dislike trump as much as the next guy but this is a bit of a stretch.  You think that a president of 325,000,000+ people has anything to do with loans given out & knows whats going on when some business in florida is in debt because of Covid? lol

• Key words... Loans (to friends), Florida (Dos Santos) and Covid (the blame game)
  • The right mix for Trump to be in the know

On 7/28/2020 at 3:36 PM, maas_art said:

Not sure, but I'm guessing the $4,000,000 million isn't necessarily to pay down $30,000 in debt, but probably to continue financing operations (e.g. salaries of employees) over the coming months when business revenue was probably expected to way, way down.

U.S. is now projected to reach 300,000 deaths from the virus by the end of the year.  

117624153_10157227716327019_5095376037107437168_o.jpg

10 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

:4224::4224:

6 minutes ago, maas_art said:

:4224::4224:

Yeah.... i loved it too.:4224:

4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

OMG that’s the most funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

6 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

You nailed it Kinot!!! :4224::4224::4224:

26 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

You nailed it Kinot!!! :4224::4224::4224:

You can thank my sister for posting it on FB. I just had to post it here. :lol:

Putin tried to claim Russia already had a vaccine for the virus.  No one with an ounce of brains was going to believe that.  

1 hour ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Putin tried to claim Russia already had a vaccine for the virus.  No one with an ounce of brains was going to believe that.  

Hmmm Trump is already talking about it, but he's Putin's boy!

3 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

In truth, they might actually - but its completely untested. 

Any of the dozens of vaccines being tested worldwide could work - maybe all of them - maybe none of them - and maybe 1 in 5 people will die when they take it. Thats why there needs to be large scale clinical trials. 

So its only those without "an ounce of brains" who immediately rejects that Russia has a working vaccine. But is it safe?  Nobody knows because they haven't tested it properly - thats the problem. 

6 minutes ago, maas_art said:

In truth, they might actually - but its completely untested. 

Any of the dozens of vaccines being tested worldwide could work - maybe all of them - maybe none of them - and maybe 1 in 5 people will die when they take it. Thats why there needs to be large scale clinical trials. 

So its only those without "an ounce of brains" who immediately rejects that Russia has a working vaccine. But is it safe?  Nobody knows because they haven't tested it properly - thats the problem. 

That's pretty much the gist of it.

I'm actually somewhat hopeful about this, to be honest.  It's wildly irresponsible of them to start administering this widely without proper testing.  But since they are doing it, there's a chance that it will turn out to work and could potentially save thousands of lives and jump-start the world's recovery.

Now with that said, there's the other side, too.  If it doesn't work (or worse yet if it causes lots of complications) then it could be a big problem.  Not only for the people who took the bad vaccine, but also because all the anti-vaxxers out there would hold it up as some kind of proof that vaccines don't work or that they're dangerous.  It's silly to me that one of the biggest challenges around an eventual COVID vaccine will be actually getting enough people to take it, but that's where we are right now.

Sean Penn's nonprofit group expands testing in Georgia.  This is what it has taken as a result of Trump's lack of leadership.