Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

389 posts in this topic

90601872_1085128598534486_6386525547773558784_n.jpg

Pretty sure this is going on for a long while so, wife and I are cashing in our U.S. bucks, approx. $3,000 in cash. 

I wonder how many hypochondriacs will feel "ill" and request a virus test.  

Ya know, when gov'ts of all levels, are saying things like your mortgage payments are suspended, or your utilities payments are suspended, or your rent is suspended,,,,,,eventually, these payments will come due. These payments are not cancelled, they are just delayed. 

Ya know, on the news tonight they said that 4,000 Canadians are on cruise ships around the world. Where have these people been in the last 3 weeks, some place where there is no cell phone reception, no twitter, no FB? They should have got their butts off the ship and onto the first plane out. 

5 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, on the news tonight they said that 4,000 Canadians are on cruise ships around the world. Where have these people been in the last 3 weeks, some place where there is no cell phone reception, no twitter, no FB? They should have got their butts off the ship and onto the first plane out. 

Somewhere... like a cruise ship? :lol: 

10 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, when gov'ts of all levels, are saying things like your mortgage payments are suspended, or your utilities payments are suspended, or your rent is suspended,,,,,,eventually, these payments will come due. These payments are not cancelled, they are just delayed. 

I think it's meant for people who pay their bills at a bank. I do all my stuff online. Haven't been in a bank in over 2 years.

How is everyone dealing with the scammers and price gougers?  

7 minutes ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Too bad there wasn't a tip line for people to call if they had seen price gouging. 

From an article from Canadian Press on gouging in the U.S.

"One store advertised hand sanitizer at $60 a bottle. Another was accused of hawking it at $1 a squirt. Chain stores offered $26 thermometers and face masks at the “everyday low price” of $39.95 a pair, while a convenience store touted toilet paper at $10 a roll next to a sign reading: “This is not a joke.”

I have just gotten a part-time job in a store, and toliet paper, hand sanitizer, aloe vera, and lots of food have flown off the shelves as people have been hording them.

Best way to deal with scammers and gougers is don't buy it. Stores that have shortages are just temporary, and for the most part are restocking ASAP. Stores like Costco finally got the message and are restricting some product to reasonable amounts. Was good to see them make a statement that they would no longer allow people to return TP and other cleaning supplies. Let them sit on their garages full of the carp.

4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Best way to deal with scammers and gougers is don't buy it. Stores that have shortages are just temporary, and for the most part are restocking ASAP. Stores like Costco finally got the message and are restricting some product to reasonable amounts. Was good to see them make a statement that they would no longer allow people to return TP and other cleaning supplies. Let them sit on their garages full of the carp.

Totally saw somewhere that Canadian tire refused to return $700 worth of tp some stupid lady bought now she needs money to live off and they said they won't return it LMAO live in your new TP castle moron

Wife made an interesting observation. Stores should not take back clothes, because of someone trying them on and then returning them, could be contaminated. 

7 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Wife made an interesting observation. Stores should not take back clothes, because of someone trying them on and then returning them, could be contaminated. 

Right now they shouldn't be returning anything period

2 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Id be reporting them. There are price gouging laws in most provinces.  Its not legal to raise prices exorbitantly during a crisis unless the cost to the retailer has also increased exponentially. 

53 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

46 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Right now they shouldn't be returning anything period

This. And stores that sell items that are not necessities shouldnt be open.  The only way the quarantining & self-distancing works is if everyone does their part.

45 minutes ago, maas_art said:

This. And stores that sell items that are not necessities shouldnt be open.  The only way the quarantining & self-distancing works is if everyone does their part.

I've been taping a lot of nature and history shows this past week, so I have something to watch. 

Just a thought. I wonder if scientists and researchers that are/have been trying to find a cure for caner, and some of the other diseases, have put those researches on hold and instead put their focus on finding a cure for this virus. I mean IMO, this is more important. 

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I've been taping a lot of nature and history shows this past week, so I have something to watch. 

Just a thought. I wonder if scientists and researchers that are/have been trying to find a cure for caner, and some of the other diseases, have put those researches on hold and instead put their focus on finding a cure for this virus. I mean IMO, this is more important. 

I think they found a cure for caner already. Just use an opener.

30 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

I think they found a cure for caner already. Just use an opener.

Always with the comedic comebacks. :frech1:

7 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Always with the comedic comebacks. :frech1:

Says the spelling police chief 

34 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Says the spelling police chief 

:rolleyes::wub:

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I think the best way to deal with those scamming businesses is to not shop there ever again. Spread the word around and put them out of business! Newspapers should publish the names of these businesses.

Edited by habs1952

11 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

I now understand why Horwath is a screaming banshee! 

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.