Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinot-2

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

399 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just a balloon here, but if you "have" to go out and get gas or cash, or even at the grocery store and use the gas pump handle or ATM or the debit machine, why not use winter gloves on those machines/pump handles, etc., and then immediately afterwards put them in a Ziplock bag and use the gloves only for that? 

JMO.

#lookingforideas

Edited by kinot-2

Putin is sending the Russian army to Italy to help with the Corona Virus situation.  No doubt to help isolate the U.S.  I wonder how Trump is reacting to this.  

How will our leaders address the problem of health care workers becoming infected with the virus?  

U.S. hospitals are facing a shortage of needed equipment in the next two weeks unless action is taken by the Trump Administration.  

Posted (edited)

I copied and pasted this comment, but it is VERY TRUE. 

"Make no mistake. When loved ones are removed from your home by ambulance because the virus has hit them hard, you are not going to be able to follow them there, sit by their hospital bed and hold their hand. You are not going to be able to pop in at 7.00 pm for visiting hours. They are going to have no one other than exhausted and brave hospital staff to see them through days or weeks of barely breathing through a ventilator until they either die or recover. They are not going to be well enough to text you.
You are not going to be able to phone the ward to check in on them regularly (staff will be too busy for that). During that time, they will be completely alone, while you sit at home waiting to hear whether they have made it through.
Imagine that person is someone you love dearly. Because it's going to be a reality for many in the coming weeks.
And if that person in hospital happens to be you, going through that ordeal completely alone, it would be nothing less than terrifying.
Never in my life have I wanted so strongly to say that if anyone is not feeling even a little afraid right now, not only for themselves but for their loved ones and others in general, then they are a bloody fool.
Don’t be a fool stay safe !!!!"

Added from me:

One thing this does not mention is the funeral. Groups are restricted. and how does the funeral homes follow the last wishes? I have heard of funeral homes live streaming it, tho.

Edited by kinot-2

90174576_3026558050709339_3459524856175919104_n.jpg

Thomas Tatar on You Tube:

Trump, however, is already will to relax guidelines and reopen the economy.  That confirms where his priorities are.  

15 minutes ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Trump, however, is already will to relax guidelines and reopen the economy.  That confirms where his priorities are.  

Carrot top will trade a few elderly lives for $ every day of the week - an absolute leader embarrassment compared to history and other state or world leaders 

Just now, claremont said:

Carrot top will trade a few elderly lives for $ every day of the week - an absolute leader embarrassment compared to history and other state or world leaders 

Texas' lieutenant governor is encouraging the same thing and so are other Trump supporters.  

11 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

90174576_3026558050709339_3459524856175919104_n.jpg

Bravo!!!!

14 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

"Make no mistake. When loved ones are removed from your home by ambulance because the virus has hit them hard, you are not going to be able to follow them there, sit by their hospital bed and hold their hand. You are not going to be able to pop in at 7.00 pm for visiting hours. They are going to have no one other than exhausted and brave hospital staff to see them through days or weeks of barely breathing through a ventilator until they either die or recover. They are not going to be well enough to text you.
You are not going to be able to phone the ward to check in on them regularly (staff will be too busy for that). During that time, they will be completely alone, while you sit at home waiting to hear whether they have made it through.
Imagine that person is someone you love dearly. Because it's going to be a reality for many in the coming weeks.
And if that person in hospital happens to be you, going through that ordeal completely alone, it would be nothing less than terrifying.
Never in my life have I wanted so strongly to say that if anyone is not feeling even a little afraid right now, not only for themselves but for their loved ones and others in general, then they are a bloody fool.
Don’t be a fool stay safe !!!!"

Added from me:

One thing this does not mention is the funeral. Groups are restricted. and how does the funeral homes follow the last wishes? I have heard of funeral homes live streaming it, tho.

This is very true and well said!

7 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Yes in his "Fox" news only broadcast (because they will not question him ) he is possibly putting peoples health on the line. He also did not have the scientist or nay health professionals to speak. This is actually shameful for a leader of a nation! 

6 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

Yes in his "Fox" news only broadcast (because they will not question him ) he is possibly putting peoples health on the line. He also did not have the scientist or nay health professionals to speak. This is actually shameful for a leader of a nation! 

Are there any of these that don't fit Trump?

9 official criteria for NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder)

• grandiose sense of self-importance
  • preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  • belief they’re special and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions
  • need for excessive admiration
  • sense of entitlement
  • interpersonally exploitative behavior
  • lack of empathy
  • envy of others or a belief that others are envious of them
  • demonstration of arrogant and haughty behaviors or attitudes

I dislike the orange monster as much as the next guy but can we please stay on topic.  If you want to trash trump, do so in the political thread in the lounge please. 

32 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I dislike the orange monster as much as the next guy but can we please stay on topic.  If you want to trash trump, do so in the political thread in the lounge please. 

thank you..........!!!!!!!!!!!..........as a resident ot the USA (ny) and a 50 year habs fan......it's sickening to hear the Canadien take on our issues.....since the bulk of your information up there is misleading .......i'll just leave it there and not comment further

1 hour ago, HARBORSPORT said:

thank you..........!!!!!!!!!!!..........as a resident ot the USA (ny) and a 50 year habs fan......it's sickening to hear the Canadien take on our issues.....since the bulk of your information up there is misleading .......i'll just leave it there and not comment further

See my comment in the lounge forum, and the Politics thread. BTW, in the Politics thread, all politics/politicians are fair game, no matter where they are.

Posted (edited)

Ya know, I wouldn't know where to get a mask or gloves, even if they were available. Maybe a drug store. Prolly because I've never had to look for them.

Edited by kinot-2

6 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, I wouldn't know where to get a mask or gloves, even if they were available. Maybe a drug store. Prolly because I've never had to look for them.

Grainger MacMaster Carr most all of your industrial suppliers.

17 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

Grainger MacMaster Carr most all of your industrial suppliers.

Never heard of them, must be an American store. 

Ya know, when I turn the news on they will inevitably talk with people in Outer Mongolia, Singapore, Australia, or where ever. Do these people in Outer Mongolia, Singapore, or Australia, contact the CBC, CTV or Global news and say that they are confined to their homes and have a story to tell?  

7 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Never heard of them, must be an American store. 

Ya know, when I turn the news on they will inevitably talk with people in Outer Mongolia, Singapore, Australia, or where ever. Do these people in Outer Mongolia, Singapore, or Australia, contact the CBC, CTV or Global news and say that they are confined to their homes and have a story to tell?  

They are on line along with several other industrial stores. It just the areas you are familiar with. Walmart is a US store but most everyone has heard of them. Most industries because of amounts and types of products used don't order through Walmart or Sams ect. Most all of the industrial stores have equipment available.

Apparently, we had so much hospital stuff, that we gave a whole bunch of it to China, and now we're scrambling. It's a wonder sock-boy didn't give them our respirators too. :wut2:

Nitrile gloves: 200,000
Face shields: 50,118
Coveralls: 36, 425
Aprons: 3,000
Goggles: 1,820
Masks: 1,101

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-more-than-50000-face-shields-sent-to-china-could-have-been-used-here

On 3/24/2020 at 0:24 AM, kinot-2 said:

funeral homes not far away from us here ARE live streaming the funerals.........some only allow close family members, 3 at a time in the building.....sad

Posted (edited)

Just an FYI, talking to my wife tonight, I told her that I couldn't find gloves. She said that she went to the buck store and bought dog poop bags, and will bring me some. :)

Edited by kinot-2