The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

13 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, there have been protests regarding the wearing of masks, in Aylmer, St. Thomas, and the next city/town of Woodstock, and (am sure,) coming to a city near you.. I would like to say to those protesters this. "Please feel free to refuse a ventilator, as this will free up ventilators to you, family, and friends."

What i would say to them is protest in your own town. It's utterly ridiculous in my opinion that they find wearing a mask such a hardship. Give me a break.:rolleyes:

13 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, there have been protests regarding the wearing of masks, in Aylmer, St. Thomas, and the next city/town of Woodstock, and (am sure,) coming to a city near you.. I would like to say to those protesters this. "Please feel free to refuse a ventilator, as this will free up ventilators to you, family, and friends."

5 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah, I think mask-wearing is just an easy thing to do to help slow the spread of the virus. I often wonder if people protesting against wearing one have absolutely zero empathy for anyone beyond their immediate friends and family.

5 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

What i would say to them is protest in your own town. It's utterly ridiculous in my opinion that they find wearing a mask such a hardship. Give me a break.:rolleyes:

What is not shocking is that there are idiots who think wearing a mask will 'impede on their freedom.'   What IS shocking is just how many of them there are.

Even if you think a mask does NOTHING, what is the big deal? How is this some sort of hardship??    The science shows that they work in theory.  Countries (mostly in Asia) where wearing a mask is not accompanied by shaming, have shown that it works incredible well in practice too, and yet people continue to fight against the evidence. 

8 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

I personally think once this vaccine is out, the ones protesting wearing a mask should be denied the vaccine all together.  Natural selection at it's finest

I like it. :)

On 11/16/2020 at 11:35 PM, kinot-2 said:

Well, I've decided to let my B-day party go by this year, and have it next year. I'm sure I'll live that long, won't I? :P

Hey man. Got you something for your birthday. It even comes with a basket to help take the garbage out! Hope you enjoy it!

Nexus%203_0.jpg

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

Hey man. Got you something for your birthday. It even comes with a basket to help take the garbage out! Hope you enjoy it!

Nexus%203_0.jpg

Power Steering? I suppose I have to pay S&H? 

A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed against a Tyson packing plant in Waterloo, Iowa.  A supervisor is accused of running a betting scheme involving management to see how many employees would get the virus.  The winner was to receive the entire pot.  

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Definitely very promising.  The big concern now is just sample size.  Most of these samples are in the 40-50k range, which is great for normal viruses, but if there's one thing Covid19 has shown us its that its not normal.  It seems to affect people in wildly different ways, has crossed species several times (tigers, dogs, minks) and just seems baffling.

So hopefully one (or more) of these vaccines work but I do worry that it will mutate or something else in keeping with the general theme of 2020. 

On 11/18/2020 at 10:18 PM, kinot-2 said:

119891174_10158527451473397_7890326694221278376_n.jpg

The only reference I can find to a mask is that the Ibo of Southern NIgeria their Earth Priest couldn't wear or touch a mask somewhat in line with their feet couldn't touch the ground lest it become sacred..I don't know...

14 hours ago, electron58 said:
November 24, 2020

The Columbus Blue Jackets have revealed that a handful of players have tested positive for COVID-19.

Here we go.

14 hours ago, electron58 said:

And earlier..........

Last night, on November 23, the Vegas Golden Knights organization confirmed to TSN that four of their players tested positive for COVID-19. 

Not looking very promising for the next year's Jan. or Feb. games. :(

Looks like we're going back to the "Red-Control" zone down here near Windsor, Ontario. And I thought, we really had a handle on this. How does this happen? Most places I go, people are acting responsible & safe.  I work 7 days a week in an automotive factory, and up to now, there have not been any problems. I just don't get it!

1 hour ago, electron58 said:

Looks like we're going back to the "Red-Control" zone down here near Windsor, Ontario. And I thought, we really had a handle on this. How does this happen? Most places I go, people are acting responsible & safe.  I work 7 days a week in an automotive factory, and up to now, there have not been any problems. I just don't get it!

The big problem with these colour coded levels is that they aren't barriers stopping people from infecting other areas. Restaurants and malls closed??? No problem,,, just get in your car and drive 20 minutes to the next zone..:rolleyes: I'm in the Niagara region and it's just disheartening when you see these Toronto people swarming your city and on the QEW heading for the Falls. Hamilton numbers are now spiking and i imagine they'll be the next area in lockdown and us soon behind them. 

19 hours ago, H_T_L said:

The big problem with these colour coded levels is that they aren't barriers stopping people from infecting other areas. Restaurants and malls closed??? No problem,,, just get in your car and drive 20 minutes to the next zone..:rolleyes: I'm in the Niagara region and it's just disheartening when you see these Toronto people swarming your city and on the QEW heading for the Falls. Hamilton numbers are now spiking and i imagine they'll be the next area in lockdown and us soon behind them. 

Wow.  Never really thought of doing that. I don't even want to go anywhere while this pandemic is ongoing. No bars, no restaurants, no socializing whatsoever. So going to another zone isn't really an option. I guess, if there is a way, somebody will find it. Definitely impossible to regulate.

The QMJHL has paused all games due to an increased number of cases of COVID-19. The QMJHL is pausing all games through Jan. 3 because of the worsening situation with COVID-19 and accompanying restrictions in Quebec and the Maritime provinces. — Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) November 30, 2020  -  LWOS

11 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Our Gov't in Canada, is "Fuddle-Duddling", over the roll-out of the vaccine, while Britain has a confirmed date for the roll-out. 

I think one thing this pandemic has proven is how reliant we are on other countries for really crucial safety items. Medicine, PPE, Health Equipment - so much of it is made outside of our country. We used to be a world leader in vaccine production but that has changed greatly over the past 30 years or so. 

I could care less if we have to import clothes, dish soap and shoelaces.  We should have a better handle on items that are essential for the safety of Canadians. I hope that the govt encourages local companies to begin the shift back to self-sustainability on some of these key things. 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

I think one thing this pandemic has proven is how reliant we are on other countries for really crucial safety items. Medicine, PPE, Health Equipment - so much of it is made outside of our country. We used to be a world leader in vaccine production but that has changed greatly over the past 30 years or so. 

I could care less if we have to import clothes, dish soap and shoelaces.  We should have a better handle on items that are essential for the safety of Canadians. I hope that the govt encourages local companies to begin the shift back to self-sustainability on some of these key things. 

That would make too much sense. 

I would suggest that if/when a vaccine is approved, then, all politicians should be vaccinated. That way, if they die, the ROC (rest of Canada), wins. If they don't die, then the ROC also wins. It's a win/win situation. :)

YW.