The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

kinot-2

13 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Anybody in here have the pleasure of experiencing a Covid test?  What a treat.

It was tickly. Had to get it,  and,  tested positive. Luckily,  symptoms were not as bad as you hear.        & I 'm 62. You can be as safe as you want. Somehow,  you can still get it. 

8 hours ago, electron58 said:

It was tickly. Had to get it,  and,  tested positive. Luckily,  symptoms were not as bad as you hear.        & I 'm 62. You can be as safe as you want. Somehow,  you can still get it. 

8 hours ago, electron58 said:

I've had the test a couple of times due to contact tracing. It can make your eyes water but it doesn't hurt or anything. 

2 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

I've had the test a couple of times due to contact tracing. It can make your eyes water but it doesn't hurt or anything. 

Mine drew a little blood so  i  joked with the nurse asking if she was drawing blood for the antibody test. Wasn't painful but it sure wasn't pleasant. It will make you tear up a little.

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

Mine drew a little blood so  i  joked with the nurse asking if she was drawing blood for the antibody test. Wasn't painful but it sure wasn't pleasant. It will make you tear up a little.

Ouch mine didn't draw blood , my brother did have the anti-body testing which required a regular blood draw. I live in the states and I just hope people will get the vaccine. That is the quickest way to "open" the nation. I'll definitely get the vaccine. As an essential worker I may be required anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

American teams are really struggling to stay on top of this virus. Seems to be growing outbreaks every week. So far so good with the North division. Only one player under quarantine so far and that's Dubois who's doing his 14 days before joining the Jets.

I can see this season being extended because of all the postponed games. Don't know how that will work itself out if the North division sees no cancellations and finishes the season one or 2 weeks before everybody else

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

I heard talk depending on how many games are missed they may decide the final standings based on winning percentage. This was on morning TO talk show , Landsburg in the morning . 

Sounds reasonable. I'm OK with that. 

12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

What else ya gnna do?

I wouldn't want to see a team bumped from the playoffs by a team that played less games but had a better percentage. You could always have teams play on consecutive nights until they have made up the required number of games. 

10 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

I wouldn't want to see a team bumped from the playoffs by a team that played less games but had a better percentage. You could always have teams play on consecutive nights until they have made up the required number of games. 

Play a few double headers. I'm in :D

47 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Out of curiosity,,,,,  anybody had a vaccine shot yet? Only person i know is my daughter who had her 1st shot couple weeks ago because she's a PSW.

Nope, even tho 1 of my daughters works at a hospital. She hasn't said anything, but I know if she got a shot she would say so. 

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Out of curiosity,,,,,  anybody had a vaccine shot yet? Only person i know is my daughter who had her 1st shot couple weeks ago because she's a PSW.

Nope, not yet. Trying to book a flight to the Yukon though. 

On 2/13/2021 at 5:15 PM, H_T_L said:

Nope. Nothing for me. I have no idea when I might be eligible for it. I have high blood pressure, but I'm not sure if that actually puts me in any sort of advanced category for receiving the vaccine.

22 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Nope. Nothing for me. I have no idea when I might be eligible for it. I have high blood pressure, but I'm not sure if that actually puts me in any sort of advanced category for receiving the vaccine.

Just found out my 96 year old mother is getting hers this Sunday.