The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

kinot-2

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

The NHL has reduced the quarantine rules for isolation in the event of a trade from 2 weeks to 1 week. 

Actually it is the Canadian Government that has reduced the quarantine period from 14 days to 7 days with extra testing. Wonder if this changes the position of MB saying he will not be very active? I doubt it I think we do nothing as MB has said he does not want to move anyone that he likes our team.

11 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Actually it is the Canadian Government that has reduced the quarantine period from 14 days to 7 days with extra testing. Wonder if this changes the position of MB saying he will not be very active? I doubt it I think we do nothing as MB has said he does not want to move anyone that he likes our team.

We're screwed.

I'm somewhat perplexed. My neighbors kids whom are in their late 20's just got their 1st shots of the vaccine. Neither are in the health care industry or considered essential workers. They registered 6 weeks ago with the ministry of Ontario to receive the shot along with their 60 year old father (mother already got hers as she's in the healthcare industry) and got a confirmation code by email earlier this week to go get them. Their father didn't get the Email.. I thought to myself it was just a clerical error and they'll get turned away  when they get there. Didn't happen. They weren't even questioned about it. 

When my wife got her's ( caregiver ) she needed confirmation letter from the retirement home along with the code she got from the Gov. and was asked several questions to confirm her eligibility.

No idea WTH is going on.

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

I'm somewhat perplexed. My neighbors kids whom are in their late 20's just got their 1st shots of the vaccine. Neither are in the health care industry or considered essential workers. They registered 6 weeks ago with the ministry of Ontario to receive the shot along with their 60 year old father (mother already got hers as she's in the healthcare industry) and got a confirmation code by email earlier this week to go get them. Their father didn't get the Email.. I thought to myself it was just a clerical error and they'll get turned away  when they get there. Didn't happen. They weren't even questioned about it. 

When my wife got her's ( caregiver ) she needed confirmation letter from the retirement home along with the code she got from the Gov. and was asked several questions to confirm her eligibility.

No idea WTH is going on.

Welcome to the club. My daughter is working for public health and she sends us email info on the vaccine. I just trash the emails. Wife and I have signed up for shots at 4 pharmacies but I'd don't expect to get a shot until July.......2023. Things are all screwed up with different info coming out daily.

5 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Will the winner of the north division have to quarantine for 7 days before the playoffs can resume(if the remaining playoffs are played in the U.S.)? 

Probably be playing somewhere neutral in the States i imagine. I doubt they'll be going back and forth across the border. Not sure what the quarantine protocol is over there. 

4 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I'm starting to see more people i know getting the shot now. My turn should be close.

You haven't seen me. :frech1:

In other news, ppl are double booking their virus shots. WTH is the matter with people. 

Vancouver could potentially be out for the whole 14 days with all these added positives. Remains to be seen if there's more to come. Gaudette is apparently having a tough time according to his wife. Let's hope everybody gets through this OK.

Wondering how Armia is doing? News updates on his status have been non existent.

59 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

I still haven't got my shot and I will say I'm apprehensive about the Astazenica vaccine. 30 reported cases of blood clots in England. 

From what i understand,,,, that was out of millions of doses with the majority being women under 50. It's not my first choice but i'll take it if that's what comes first for me. In my area it's been mostly the Phyzer shot doled out.

54 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

From what i understand,,,, that was out of millions of doses with the majority being women under 50. It's not my first choice but i'll take it if that's what comes first for me. In my area it's been mostly the Phyzer shot doled out.

Also there was no link connected to the vaccine and the blood cots.

11 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

Also there was no link connected to the vaccine and the blood cots.

I just looked it up and it was 30 cases out of 18 million doses in the UK. There would normally be that many cases and more from those type of numbers even without the shots, so yes,,,, your correct. So far no direct link.

The Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Agency, or MHRA, said it wasn't clear if the shots are causing the clots, and that its “rigorous review into the U.K. reports of rare and specific types of blood clots is ongoing.”

Though the agency said late Friday that seven people had died as a result of developing blood clots, it didn’t disclose any information about their ages or health conditions.

In total, MHRA said had identified 30 cases of rare blood clot events out of 18.1 million AstraZeneca doses administered up to and including March 24. The risk associated with this type of blood clot is “very small,” it added.

14 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Would you buy a new car knowing it may have defective airbags?