The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

kinot-2

31 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Would you buy a new car knowing it may have defective airbags?

I see your point, but if it was 30 out of 18 million air bags i don't think i would lose any sleep over it.

As mentioned,,, no direct link yet and those numbers are normal regardless of the shot. They need to cover their bases in case they discover a link, to avoid litigation, so that's why the pause in those age groups.

I would prefer one of the other shots because of their higher proven numbers. My concern with the AZ shot would be the waiting period between shots, (which are all over the map) and the lack of guaranteed future supplies at this point. If i was guaranteed within the recommended time frame of 21 or 28 days (whichever this one has) to get the second shot then i would be OK with it. I know we'll have a better supply of the other 2 approved shots shortly, so i fully expect that 4 month waiting period between doses to be shortened.

I think with my older age group we'll see those second shots before the end of spring and not mid summer.

I truly hope you get the one your comfortable with shortly. If everybody committed to get the shot we'd be out of this crap situation sooner. I know i've convinced friends and relatives of mine who we're going to pass, to now reconsider, but there's still a few i'm working on. 

5 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Would you buy a new car knowing it may have defective airbags?

I get your concern. That said, the risk of a serious reaction or blood clot is still extremely low. It's also even lower in people over 50-55 years old. The other important thing to remember is that not getting a shot also comes with risk, likely more risk than getting a vaccine of any type. Your risk of dying of COVID if you get it is way higher than your risk of dying from the vaccine.

I understand the risks of not getting vaccinated which is why I wouldn't turn it down. However, I'm still apprehensive about the one from Astazeneca. I'll be quite upset if it interferes with golf season which I've been waiting for for months. It would be nice to be able to get out and do something besides just going for groceries.

45 minutes ago, RCAF48 said:

Vancouver infections now total over 20 players and coaches as of this AM. Virus also spreading among family members. Not good. 

:(

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

Vancover is toast! no way they are getting the whole year in! will be something to see how the league figures this out!

Yeah. There's no way they're getting the whole season in. If we missed four games because one player had COVID, Vancouver is gonna end up missing waaaaaaaay more than four games. I almost feel like they're gonna miss an entire month of games. And with a 0.473 win percentage, it looks like their season might be toast.

The NHL had better hope no one gets hospitalized, has long-term health impacts, or dies from COVID related to these cases.

8 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

Vancover is toast! no way they are getting the whole year in! will be something to see how the league figures this out!

6 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah. There's no way they're getting the whole season in. If we missed four games because one player had COVID, Vancouver is gonna end up missing waaaaaaaay more than four games. I almost feel like they're gonna miss an entire month of games. And with a 0.473 win percentage, it looks like their season might be toast.

The NHL had better hope no one gets hospitalized, has long-term health impacts, or dies from COVID related to these cases.

Darren Dreger said tonite  on CTV, that it could be 5-7 days, as some players had mild symptoms while others had worse symptoms.

47 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I mean. I'm not sure how Dreger would know. It's dependent on a series of continuous negative test results, no?

It's pretty much nailed the whole team as it is. Can't be that many more negative tests to come.

Good news bad news day. Bad news,,,,,Ontario to issue another stay at home order today. Good news,,,, booked my shot today for April 18th. Most of Ontario now booking 60+. Get it done people so that our younger adults can move up.

Just read through some of this thread. Jeez!

And I thought putting up with Mini-trump was tough.

BoJo is a [Insert Rude Words Here] who reels from disaster to disaster, but the one thing I'll give the UK is a relatively successful roll out of vaccines and a reasonably high take-up. Something like 32M people (almost 50% of the population) have had at least one jab and 5M have had 2 jabs where needed. By chance I had Astra Zeneca and Mrs. Me had Pfizer so now we wait to see who falls over first 😉

:D

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Good news,,,, booked my shot today for April 18th. Most of Ontario now booking 60+. Get it done people so that our younger adults can move up.

Got my 1st shot yesterday . Pfizer Downsview Arena 

21 minutes ago, Cenner_Hice said:

Just read through some of this thread. Jeez!

And I thought putting up with Mini-trump was tough.

BoJo is a [Insert Rude Words Here] who reels from disaster to disaster, but the one thing I'll give the UK is a relatively successful roll out of vaccines and a reasonably high take-up. Something like 32M people (almost 50% of the population) have had at least one jab and 5M have had 2 jabs where needed. By chance I had Astra Zeneca and Mrs. Me had Pfizer so now we wait to see who falls over first 😉

:D

:lol: 

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Good news bad news day. Bad news,,,,,Ontario to issue another stay at home order today. Good news,,,, booked my shot today for April 18th. Most of Ontario now booking 60+. Get it done people so that our younger adults can move up.

My wife got my Pfizer shot booked early this morning for May 5th. 

Just now, habs1952 said:

My wife got my Pfizer shot booked early this morning for May 5th. 

Me too. She logged in at 8:00a.m. and i was # 22,000 on the list to register. Took about 30 minutes to move to the top. My inlaws logged in around 9 and they were in the 300K's. Took them over an hour but they got in. What was weird is that they were directed to Hamilton as opposed to Niagara region where we live.

8 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Me too. She logged in at 8:00a.m. and i was # 22,000 on the list to register. Took about 30 minutes to move to the top. My inlaws logged in around 9 and they were in the 300K's. Took them over an hour but they got in. What was weird is that they were directed to Hamilton as opposed to Niagara region where we live.

Your wife beat mine! Mine was 33,000th. LOL

10 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

My daughter will be giving shots where we'll be going. I hope I don't get her in case she's holding a grudge for some reason. :4224:

If she asks you which cheek you want it in you better start sweating.:lol:

On 4/4/2021 at 1:49 PM, RCAF48 said:

Vancouver infections now total over 20 players and coaches as of this AM. Virus also spreading among family members. Not good. 

I read that one Vancouver player broke protocol and got it at a restaurant .