The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

kinot-2

3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

:lol: I'll tell her that. BTW wife is scheduled for her shot in 2 weeks. 

Good for her. Glad to hear it. Mine got her's already so i'm next inline. Eleven more sleeps. I'll only have one daughter left to worry about and she'll be awhile still.

2 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Good for her. Glad to hear it. Mine got her's already so i'm next inline. Eleven more sleeps. I'll only have one daughter left to worry about and she'll be awhile still.

What kind did she get? Just seen on TV that Pfizer is 92% while Moderna is 76%. 

Just now, H_T_L said:

Pfizer but you got wrong info. Its AZ that's in the 70's. Moderna is about the same as Pfizer

OK, they flashed it on the screen too fast, and I thought it was Moderna. 

6 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

OK, they flashed it on the screen too fast, and I thought it was Moderna. 

Just about everybody around here that i know got a shot,, ended up with Pfizer. Pretty sure that's the one i'm getting too.

9 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Just about everybody around here that i know got a shot,, ended up with Pfizer. Pretty sure that's the one i'm getting too.

Good. :)

Ya know, I read this in a comments section of a newspaper. It pretty much sums it up. 

"My question to the anti everything people is this. Have you ever been in an ICU? Have you ever had a tube stuck down your throat to keep you alive? Have you ever woke up wondering what that tube is, and panicked? Have you ever been put under for three days? Have you ever felt so bad that you prayed to God that you didn't wake up the next morning? I'm pretty sure you have not. I have! Shut up and follow the rules!".

13 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Just seen a clip on TV showing someone coming out of a store with the cart absolutely crammed with TP. Earth to shopper, the store isn't closing. 

No, they aren't closing, but I also stock up on some things just to avoid standing in line for some things. Besides, I've still got toilet paper, kleenex and paper towels from June last year. As the boy scouts say, be prepared! 

15 hours ago, H_T_L said:

If she asks you which cheek you want it in you better start sweating.:lol:

We got lucky today. Public health called and asked if we wanted our shots today because of no-shows. We got there before the dial tone could be heard on the phone. :lol:

31 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

We got lucky today. Public health called and asked if we wanted our shots today because of no-shows. We got there before the dial tone could be heard on the phone. :lol:

Even better. WTG. Did your daughter give you the shot?

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Reported numbers have just gone insane. Over 4200 in Ontario alone. Canada's numbers are now exceeding the US if you go by population percentage. Easter cases are now piling up.as expected

We have 70 cases at Queen's University. 

On 4/7/2021 at 10:14 PM, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, I read this in a comments section of a newspaper. It pretty much sums it up. 

"My question to the anti everything people is this. Have you ever been in an ICU? Have you ever had a tube stuck down your throat to keep you alive? Have you ever woke up wondering what that tube is, and panicked? Have you ever been put under for three days? Have you ever felt so bad that you prayed to God that you didn't wake up the next morning? I'm pretty sure you have not. I have! Shut up and follow the rules!".

You cant reason with these people.  I know someone in the ICU with Covid right now. The doctor told the family to 'prepare for the worst' and he and his wife are still saying he's probably dying of something else because covid isnt that serious. :wacko: 

Cudos to JT Miller of the canucks for standing up against the NHL in regards to the very serious virus situation in the Vancouver team. It seems the league is more focused on how to re-arrange the schedule than they are in ensuring that the players, families are safe? This season is a huge risk for all concerned and not to be taken lightly. The virus is out of control across Canada and it should be under federal control not by province. The new variants are very dangerous and they spread very quickly as seen with this team. The US is also out of control and the number of cases is rising quickly every day. I think it is time for the players association to sit down and review this situation in light of the player's safety and their families. Baseball is already starting to be affected by the virus spread and I am sure this will continue to grow over the weeks to come.

Personally I have said it before and I will say it again, this season should have been cancelled. It is a mickey mouse schedule set up and very boring watching the same teams play every night. We have no idea how any of the North teams will fair against the US based teams. The writers have picked the North division the weakest link of the four divisons. There is no way that the border will open for the playoffs which means some sort of bubble for the Cdn team?

I do not think this virus spread is over in regards to the NHL and sooner or later there will be no more room to add games at the end of May. Then what?

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Feds step in and insist they play the rest of the season in a bubble or shut it down.

as they still allow the importation of Covid and its variants from India and Brazil. 

37 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

as they still allow the importation of Covid and its variants from India and Brazil. 

According to doctors here,,, just about 100% of all new cases are the variant. They're not even seeing the original version anymore

Great another two week extension of this lock down in Ontario. Thanks Doug 

Parks , golf courses closed

25 % capacity for big stores 

Geez we've been shutdown for six months and infections keep increasing so we keep  the same stores closed  . Meanwhile manufacturing plants remain open after an infection occurs

Police will also have the authority to ask anyone outside their residence to indicate their purpose for leaving home and provide their address. That includes stopping vehicles.

4 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Great another two week extension of this lock down in Ontario. Thanks Doug 

Parks , golf courses closed

25 % capacity for big stores 

Geez we've been shutdown for six months and infections keep increasing so we keep  the same stores closed  . Meanwhile manufacturing plants remain open after an infection occurs

Police will also have the authority to ask anyone outside their residence to indicate their purpose for leaving home and provide their address. That includes stopping vehicles.

You can walk in a store around a bunch of people and breathe stagnant air but you can't walk outside in fresh air on a golf course with 3 playing partners. I know a lot of people would be upset if golf courses were allowed to remain open(and this is the ONLY reason they're closed) but as a senior I'm passed being upset at the morons who don't give a damn about the rest of us. 

Really conflicting messages once again. It says you can exercise outside, yet it also says police can stop and question you if your outside your home, and possibly fine you 750.00 if you can't give them an accepted reason for being there. So i guess you have to run laps around your back yard,,,, assuming you have one. Sucks for you if you own a condo with no yard at all.

I guess i can't go fishing for the next 6 weeks.:rolleyes: 

20 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Why in hell are we still allowing international flights into Canada?? That is what brought the damn virus here and we are still allowing 30-40,000 a day into Pearson?