Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ya know, when I got my shot, I told the nurse that I almost brought my camera. She told me that cameras were not allowed. Afterwards, I thought that how many videos were taken re people of all ages were shown getting their shot. 

It ticked me off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Doug Ford doesn’t want to

open golf courses because he talks to

his friends and knows what happens . They cAr pool together , play golf then have a couple of pops together . Memo to Doug Ford , pot shops, beer stores and liquor stores have Been open forever . People are getting together to share a smoke and have a few pops since last year .  If that’s the best exscuse then shut beer and liquor stores too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2021 at 9:09 PM, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, when I got my shot, I told the nurse that I almost brought my camera. She told me that cameras were not allowed. Afterwards, I thought that how many videos were taken re people of all ages were shown getting their shot. 

It ticked me off. 

Those things vary so much by who is giving the shot!


The good news is you got yours (I got mine this week too) so you'll be safe & hopefully can take as many pics as you like for a looooong time! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you guys worried about the double mutation COVID variant B.1617 which has been detected in Ontario, BC, Quebec and Alberta? Even in small city Fredericton, NB, the virus variant caused a university residence to be locked down. 

World Health Organization has highlighted this COVID variant to be more infectious and contagious than other variants.  Moreover, it is now confirmed that COVID transmission can be airborne and not just through contact with contaminated surfaces :(.  That means one doesn't have to be in close proximity with an infected person.  There is risk of transmission even if one is in the same place an infected person had been, if COVID particles remain in the air.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Ford did it again , extended lockdowns again . It’ll be July 5 before non essential places can open only if vaccination rates reach a certain percentage . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A cousin of my wife was a firm believer that Covid is a hoax. Anti lockdown, anti mask, anti vaccine,,,, you name it. Lives in Hamilton Ontario. Just found out he has it now and gave it to his wife and three kids along with his aged parents,, one of which has heart issues. Who knows how many others he gave this to? Brilliant,,,, morons like that are why we're in this situation. Haven't heard news of how sick any of them are. I imagine he's a believer now. Hope he didn't kill any of them. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

A cousin of my wife was a firm believer that Covid is a hoax. Anti lockdown, anti mask, anti vaccine,,,, you name it. Lives in Hamilton Ontario. Just found out he has it now and gave it to his wife and three kids along with his aged parents,, one of which has heart issues. Who knows how many others he gave this to? Brilliant,,,, morons like that are why we're in this situation. Haven't heard news of how sick any of them are. I imagine he's a believer now. Hope he didn't kill any of them. :rolleyes:

looking himself in the mirror must be difficult but at least he isn't face down on a bed on a ventilator ...guess he doesn't watch much news or have any world view ...astounding ignorance ....meanwhile the States are filling their stadiums and hockey arenas thinking they're out of the woods ....what is it that doesn't compute with the number of cases and deaths going down when there's a lockdown , mask -wearing and social distancing  ? ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just booked my 2nd shot. Now scheduled for June 20th ( almost 2 months ahead of schedule). :D

When i logged in there were over 100K people ahead of me and it said about an hour waiting time before i was up. Got down to under 15K and 7 minutes and the damn thing froze on me (whole site went on pause). Forty minutes later it finally started up again and fortunately i didn't lose my place in line. That's how i spent my morning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2021 at 7:03 AM, H_T_L said:

A cousin of my wife was a firm believer that Covid is a hoax. Anti lockdown, anti mask, anti vaccine,,,, you name it. Lives in Hamilton Ontario. Just found out he has it now and gave it to his wife and three kids along with his aged parents,, one of which has heart issues. Who knows how many others he gave this to? Brilliant,,,, morons like that are why we're in this situation. Haven't heard news of how sick any of them are. I imagine he's a believer now. Hope he didn't kill any of them. :rolleyes:

I wouldnt be so sure. I know of one person who was literally dying of Covid (he did die) and told the nurse it must be something else, Covid isnt that serious.

I also know another guy who had it, spread it & still thinks its a hoax despite having to be hospitalized for it (He survived). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Just booked my 2nd shot. Now scheduled for June 20th ( almost 2 months ahead of schedule). :D

When i logged in there were over 100K people ahead of me and it said about an hour waiting time before i was up. Got down to under 15K and 7 minutes and the damn thing froze on me (whole site went on pause). Forty minutes later it finally started up again and fortunately i didn't lose my place in line. That's how i spent my morning.

Thats awesome!  Hoping to be able to book mine in a week or so.  The nice thing is here when you get your invite you can usually book the next day or at least within a few. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Just booked my 2nd shot. Now scheduled for June 20th ( almost 2 months ahead of schedule). :D

 

Excellant

My 2nd shot got moved ahead from July 27 to June 15 - unfortunately I cannot make June 15 - sent them an e-mail to rebook me 

Yesterday , Humber River Hospital sent out a tweet that they were accepting walk ins at Downsview Arena due to no shows  - when I heard about it on the news at 6 pm was too late to go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Excellant

My 2nd shot got moved ahead from July 27 to June 15 - unfortunately I cannot make June 15 - sent them an e-mail to rebook me 

Yesterday , Humber River Hospital sent out a tweet that they were accepting walk ins at Downsview Arena due to no shows  - when I heard about it on the news at 6 pm was too late to go

I'm aware of a couple people that got that end of day shot after signing up for wait lists,,, so it does work. Good luck to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Thats awesome!  Hoping to be able to book mine in a week or so.  The nice thing is here when you get your invite you can usually book the next day or at least within a few. 

My wife is actually getting her's this afternoon because she's a designated caregiver. She got notified on Sunday so that was pretty fast too. Hope you get in there soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Regis22 said:

My 2nd shot is booked for June 17 @ Downsview Arena.

There are a number of pharmacies near me  . Today I walked into 4 asking if they administer the vaccine. Yes , but all currently do not have the Pfizer  ;(

Anyone wishing to try and book at a pharmacy the link is Provincial Mass Immunization Clinics.


 

Rebooked here to June 22 from Aug 4th. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2021 at 9:51 PM, habs1952 said:

You're not special like the rest of us. :frech1:

Maybe they think that my auto-immune system is better than yours.

I "did" try again yesterday, to reschedule the shot schedule, but, they kept giving me a hard time. The end result was that I could only get the shot 2 weeks earlier than my original 2nd shot app. End result, I can wait the extra 2 weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Maybe they think that my auto-immune system is better than yours.

I "did" try again yesterday, to reschedule the shot schedule, but, they kept giving me a hard time. The end result was that I could only get the shot 2 weeks earlier than my original 2nd shot app. End result, I can wait the extra 2 weeks.

Yeah but then you have to wait two more weeks after your shot to get full benefit. If you got it 2 weeks earlier you would be at max by the time you were already scheduled.:frech1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...