The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

kinot-2

3 minutes ago, St-Patrick 33 said:

If not full capacity ,,, i would say increased capacity is warranted based on numbers currently in Quebec. It would be a logical next step in a cautious approach to re opening. Vaccines seem to be working here in Ontario too, so i would hope things speed up a little bit here also.

18 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

If not full capacity ,,, i would say increased capacity is warranted based on numbers currently in Quebec. It would be a logical next step in a cautious approach to re opening. Vaccines seem to be working here in Ontario too, so i would hope things speed up a little bit here also.

For sure. It's all politics and BS at this point. They have 18K fans every night in Vegas and we've actually vaccinated a larger % of the population in Québec (first doses at least).

On 6/14/2021 at 8:58 PM, St-Patrick 33 said:

For sure. It's all politics and BS at this point. They have 18K fans every night in Vegas and we've actually vaccinated a larger % of the population in Québec (first doses at least).

And private medicine based economy and government responsibilities. Public health snd government t ha e more to answer. USA is build to allow individuals to self regulate. Something to be said for tweaking our bloated Canadian health care system. Fine tuning needed. 

4 hours ago, dreegking said:

And private medicine based economy and government responsibilities. Public health and government t ha e more to answer. USA is build to allow individuals to self regulate. Something to be said for tweaking our bloated Canadian health care system. Fine tuning needed. 

Like Canada's provinces the US states have been all over the board on little to a lot of restrictions.  Unfortunately the US vaccination rates are now slowing even with incentives to many reluctant people. 

Ducharme's case clearly demonstrates that full vaccination doesn't provide full protection, especially with more highly transmissible and infectious variants circulating in the open. 

There're many hidden reservoirs of undetected infections in public yet to be detected.

5 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

Ducharme's case clearly demonstrates that full vaccination doesn't provide full protection, especially with more highly transmissible and infectious variants circulating in the open. 

There're many hidden reservoirs of undetected infections in public yet to be detected.

Don't think it's so hidden He stayed fine for an entire season in Canada (which is not to say Canada has no cases, but he made it through using the protocols in place). He likely caught something his first day or two in Vegas, either at the airport or hotel or arena. Vegas has almost 20,000 fans sitting unmasked in an enclosed arena. I get that it's a big space, but we also know COVID is airborne. There's a 0% chance that all those fans were COVID-free. There were definitely at least some who were sick, and possible one/several of them were in the area right behind the Habs bench.

Frankly, if I were the Habs, I would demand that the NHL enforce stricter policies in the American arenas. Tell them that you want fans masked and that there should be no fans in the first five rows, otherwise the Canadian government shouldn't have allowed the exemption to travel to the States.

19 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Don't think it's so hidden He stayed fine for an entire season in Canada (which is not to say Canada has no cases, but he made it through using the protocols in place). He likely caught something his first day or two in Vegas, either at the airport or hotel or arena. Vegas has almost 20,000 fans sitting unmasked in an enclosed arena. I get that it's a big space, but we also know COVID is airborne. There's a 0% chance that all those fans were COVID-free. There were definitely at least some who were sick, and possible one/several of them were in the area right behind the Habs bench.

Frankly, if I were the Habs, I would demand that the NHL enforce stricter policies in the American arenas. Tell them that you want fans masked and that there should be no fans in the first five rows, otherwise the Canadian government shouldn't have allowed the exemption to travel to the States.

Ducharme didn't help himself by not wearing his mask properly. Hasn't anyone noticed on TV that Ducharme's mask never covers his nose (or least his nostrils) but only his mouth?  It's visibly obvious to viewers every game night  It looked like his mask was too small to fit his face. If so, he should've gotten a bigger mask or at least pulled his mask up to cover his nostrils.

What's the point of wearing a mask if the nostrils (where the virus enters the respiratory system) are exposed?

I'm surprised nobody on the team or League told him about it.

20 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

What’s your point? You guys are killing me. Crap happens. Welcome to a contagion. Welcome to a non perfect vaccine. If you want to bury your heads in the sand and live like we, just to protect every single living foul, but especially those 80 plus, go ahead. Perhaps the government needs to separate our stores and put all fats and sugars to one side and control consumption? Want that? Ration cigarettes? Booze? Lock up the mentally ill at first sign and out them on drugs in institutions until proven mentally healthy. Talk here, is like some if you think this virus is going away? Lol. It’s here to stay. Move on! Live. You are going to have to eventually, you just have not realized it. Such is life. 

5 hours ago, dreegking said:

Talk here, is like some if you think this virus is going away? Lol. It’s here to stay. Move on! Live. You are going to have to eventually, you just have not realized it. Such is life. 

Tell Doug Ford and Dr Williams . The Cases are under 500 in Toronto and they still wont move to stage 2 . They are waiting to see if there is an increase in cases after stage 1 

14 hours ago, dreegking said:

What’s your point? You guys are killing me. Crap happens. Welcome to a contagion. Welcome to a non perfect vaccine. If you want to bury your heads in the sand and live like we, just to protect every single living foul, but especially those 80 plus, go ahead. Perhaps the government needs to separate our stores and put all fats and sugars to one side and control consumption? Want that? Ration cigarettes? Booze? Lock up the mentally ill at first sign and out them on drugs in institutions until proven mentally healthy. Talk here, is like some if you think this virus is going away? Lol. It’s here to stay. Move on! Live. You are going to have to eventually, you just have not realized it. Such is life. 

This is a bad take. You make it seem like the lives of people who are older have no value to you. No one is saying you can't go back to doing certain things in your life, and I agree with you that the virus isn't going away completely soon. But it's clear we haven't vaccinated enough people yet to make opening everything possible and that if we do vaccinate more people, we should be able to open reasonably safely. What isn't safe right now? Stuffing 18,000+ people into an enclosed arena with an airborne virus and telling them it's okay not to mask. The Habs coach has COVID. Now the Vegas GM has COVID. Not saying masks prevent cases, but they sure as heck reduce the number of case, and if you cram less fans into the building, that would help immensely. The league and the teams, especially ones in the US, are pushing hard to try and make money and they're doing it at the expense of fans and players' safety.

IMO, you either limit the number of fans in the building and ask them to mask, as the Habs have done, or you allow slightly more fans but still not a full building and require that fans show proof of being doubly-vaccinated to get in. The league is so close to finishing the year, it would be a shame to have a team forfeit just because someone wanted to rush going from zero to full steam ahead too quickly.

16 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Really ?  Whenever they show him in the box I’ve never seen him masking . 

He didn't the entire game. NHL gave McCrimmon and McPhee and warning after last game, and then McCrimmon went and tested positive.

On 6/21/2021 at 2:34 AM, BigTed3 said:

This is a bad take. You make it seem like the lives of people who are older have no value to you. No one is saying you can't go back to doing certain things in your life, and I agree with you that the virus isn't going away completely soon. But it's clear we haven't vaccinated enough people yet to make opening everything possible and that if we do vaccinate more people, we should be able to open reasonably safely. What isn't safe right now? Stuffing 18,000+ people into an enclosed arena with an airborne virus and telling them it's okay not to mask. The Habs coach has COVID. Now the Vegas GM has COVID. Not saying masks prevent cases, but they sure as heck reduce the number of case, and if you cram less fans into the building, that would help immensely. The league and the teams, especially ones in the US, are pushing hard to try and make money and they're doing it at the expense of fans and players' safety.

IMO, you either limit the number of fans in the building and ask them to mask, as the Habs have done, or you allow slightly more fans but still not a full building and require that fans show proof of being doubly-vaccinated to get in. The league is so close to finishing the year, it would be a shame to have a team forfeit just because someone wanted to rush going from zero to full steam ahead too quickly.

Nope. The masks the majority of people wear primarily (ultra majority) don’t work. 

people can self regulate. Let adults be adults. 

cases? Meh. 

the bs has stunk long enough. Time to move on. 

but as you suggest, There will not be a change. As the exciting  season is almost over. Yet these fears you have will be in very populated arenas in Tampa. I say equal it out. Both teams skate in the same arena. 

• 1 month later...

If getting vaccinated forces one to see a liberal naked, or if wearing a mask forces one to see a naked liberal it still wouldn't wash away the memory of naked at Valley Forge when it meant sleeping in snow without blankets etc and if it doesn't make for feeling guilty and what not well I guess you're just not cut out to be an American. At least not to my mind. Do me a favor and don't vote.

46 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

It's amazing to me that our border is open to vaccinated Americans yet they just extended the closure to Canadians on their end for another month. 

That's our leader for ya.