Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Over 2400 cases in Ontario today. Heading towards another lock down. The little guy once again will face the brunt of it no doubt.

Wife just called today to say that we (her and I ) can book an app. for the booster with either Phizer or Moderna. I got both Phizers and she got one of each. :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

Wife just called today to say that we (her and I ) can book an app. for the booster with either Phizer or Moderna. I got both Phizers and she got one of each. :)

 

I've been trying to book a booster shot from the pharmacy for the last 2 weeks and they keep telling me to call back in a couple days. Tried to book today through the Ontario site and it said no appointments available in my area within 50 K. They want us to get these boosters but they're sure not making it easy.

They had a mobile clinic in our city last Saturday that was supposed to run from 1 to 7 p.m. and we went at 3:00 and they had already run out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I've been trying to book a booster shot from the pharmacy for the last 2 weeks and they keep telling me to call back in a couple days. Tried to book today through the Ontario site and it said no appointments available in my area within 50 K. They want us to get these boosters but they're sure not making it easy.

They had a mobile clinic in our city last Saturday that was supposed to run from 1 to 7 p.m. and we went at 3:00 and they had already run out.

Got mine on Tuesday! Got to see my daughter in action as a bonus!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here we go

https://globalnews.ca/news/8459706/doug-ford-announcement-friday-covid/

 

In a statement, the government announced a 50 per cent capacity limit in the following indoor settings, in a bid to “reduce opportunities for close contact”:

  • Restaurants and bars
  • Strip clubs
  • Personal care services
  • Physical fitness trainers
  • Retailers and shopping malls
  • Areas of facilities used for sports and fitness activities, including gyms
  • Indoor recreational amenities
  • Indoor clubhouses
  • Tour and guide services
  • Photography studios
  • Marinas and boating clubs

All of the new restrictions take effect Sunday at 12:01 a.m., which Ford said will give businesses time to adjust.

“The experts have been very clear: nothing will stop the spread of Omicron. It’s just too transmissible,” Ford said.

“What we can do and what we’re doing is slowing it as much as possible to allow more time for shots to get in the arms.”

During Friday’s press conference, Ford didn’t announce new measures to help businesses, but he said they will be “exploring every option to provide more supports.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm booked for Jan. 10th now in Niagara Falls. Still hoping to get something earlier. We've had a couple pop up clinics in town the last couple weeks, with people lining up 2 hours before they even open up the door, and then we find out they only have 300 doses. They want these in arms ASAP, yet booking a doze is not a pleasant experience. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I'm booked for Jan. 10th now in Niagara Falls. Still hoping to get something earlier. We've had a couple pop up clinics in town the last couple weeks, with people lining up 2 hours before they even open up the door, and then we find out they only have 300 doses. They want these in arms ASAP, yet booking a doze is not a pleasant experience. :rolleyes:

You can doze anytime, no need to book one.:freu1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has any one on here ever got covid or do you know anyone who has ?

Ive read comments all over the place that its just a cold , 98 % of the people survive , booster shots don't work ( that was from Jim Jordan ( Republican  ) , why get the vacine if you can still get covid etc etc  

With a reported 824,000 deaths in the USA Im trying to wrap my head around why people are so reluctant to get the vaccine , wear a mask etc 

FWIW , Ive had my 2 shots and the booster.

Why ? Because the medical experts recommend I do .

The question isnt being asked to start an argument for or against vaccines, i m  just bored ,   

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Has any one on here ever got covid or do you know anyone who has ?

Ive read comments all over the place that its just a cold , 98 % of the people survive , booster shots don't work ( that was from Jim Jordan ( Republican  ) , why get the vacine if you can still get covid etc etc  

With a reported 824,000 deaths in the USA Im trying to wrap my head around why people are so reluctant to get the vaccine , wear a mask etc 

FWIW , Ive had my 2 shots and the booster.

Why ? Because the medical experts recommend I do .

The question isnt being asked to start an argument for or against vaccines, i m  just bored ,   

 

 

Haven't caught it yet but i do know people who have,,, none of which died or were hospitalized. My mother caught it a year ago today ( only 1 dose at that time)  while in the hospital being treated for an infection, and tested positive after she was released. She suffered severe body aches and pains for several days and nights. 

She was the only one i personally knew had it during that wave. This time around i know quite a few,, but only one that went to the hospital with their child, suffering from a dangerously high fever and dehydration. Everyone else was fever and other flu like symptoms, that made them miserable as hell, but not life threatening.

Scheduled for my booster on Jan.10th

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...