Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread


Recommended Posts

Ya know, when gov'ts of all levels, are saying things like your mortgage payments are suspended, or your utilities payments are suspended, or your rent is suspended,,,,,,eventually, these payments will come due. These payments are not cancelled, they are just delayed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know, on the news tonight they said that 4,000 Canadians are on cruise ships around the world. Where have these people been in the last 3 weeks, some place where there is no cell phone reception, no twitter, no FB? They should have got their butts off the ship and onto the first plane out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, on the news tonight they said that 4,000 Canadians are on cruise ships around the world. Where have these people been in the last 3 weeks, some place where there is no cell phone reception, no twitter, no FB? They should have got their butts off the ship and onto the first plane out. 

Somewhere... like a cruise ship? :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, when gov'ts of all levels, are saying things like your mortgage payments are suspended, or your utilities payments are suspended, or your rent is suspended,,,,,,eventually, these payments will come due. These payments are not cancelled, they are just delayed. 

I think it's meant for people who pay their bills at a bank. I do all my stuff online. Haven't been in a bank in over 2 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CANADIENS27 said:

How is everyone dealing with the scammers and price gougers?  

 

 

Too bad there wasn't a tip line for people to call if they had seen price gouging. 

From an article from Canadian Press on gouging in the U.S.

"One store advertised hand sanitizer at $60 a bottle. Another was accused of hawking it at $1 a squirt. Chain stores offered $26 thermometers and face masks at the “everyday low price” of $39.95 a pair, while a convenience store touted toilet paper at $10 a roll next to a sign reading: “This is not a joke.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best way to deal with scammers and gougers is don't buy it. Stores that have shortages are just temporary, and for the most part are restocking ASAP. Stores like Costco finally got the message and are restricting some product to reasonable amounts. Was good to see them make a statement that they would no longer allow people to return TP and other cleaning supplies. Let them sit on their garages full of the carp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Best way to deal with scammers and gougers is don't buy it. Stores that have shortages are just temporary, and for the most part are restocking ASAP. Stores like Costco finally got the message and are restricting some product to reasonable amounts. Was good to see them make a statement that they would no longer allow people to return TP and other cleaning supplies. Let them sit on their garages full of the carp.

Totally saw somewhere that Canadian tire refused to return $700 worth of tp some stupid lady bought now she needs money to live off and they said they won't return it LMAO live in your new TP castle moron

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife made an interesting observation. Stores should not take back clothes, because of someone trying them on and then returning them, could be contaminated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

How is everyone dealing with the scammers and price gougers?  

Id be reporting them. There are price gouging laws in most provinces.  Its not legal to raise prices exorbitantly during a crisis unless the cost to the retailer has also increased exponentially. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Wife made an interesting observation. Stores should not take back clothes, because of someone trying them on and then returning them, could be contaminated. 

 

46 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Right now they shouldn't be returning anything period

This. And stores that sell items that are not necessities shouldnt be open.  The only way the quarantining & self-distancing works is if everyone does their part.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, maas_art said:

 

This. And stores that sell items that are not necessities shouldnt be open.  The only way the quarantining & self-distancing works is if everyone does their part.

I've been taping a lot of nature and history shows this past week, so I have something to watch. 

Just a thought. I wonder if scientists and researchers that are/have been trying to find a cure for caner, and some of the other diseases, have put those researches on hold and instead put their focus on finding a cure for this virus. I mean IMO, this is more important. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I've been taping a lot of nature and history shows this past week, so I have something to watch. 

Just a thought. I wonder if scientists and researchers that are/have been trying to find a cure for caner, and some of the other diseases, have put those researches on hold and instead put their focus on finding a cure for this virus. I mean IMO, this is more important. 

I think they found a cure for caner already. Just use an opener.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

I think they found a cure for caner already. Just use an opener.

Always with the comedic comebacks. :frech1:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Best way to deal with scammers and gougers is don't buy it. Stores that have shortages are just temporary, and for the most part are restocking ASAP. Stores like Costco finally got the message and are restricting some product to reasonable amounts. Was good to see them make a statement that they would no longer allow people to return TP and other cleaning supplies. Let them sit on their garages full of the carp.

I think the best way to deal with those scamming businesses is to not shop there ever again. Spread the word around and put them out of business! Newspapers should publish the names of these businesses.

Edited by habs1952
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • H_T_L unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...