The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

kinot-2

7 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Can anyone,,,, anyone tell me if any province or territory, has a drive thru testing area, cuz I have not heard of them in Canada. 

Yes. Montreal has them now. And I don't remember where but have heard of them in other provinces too.

3 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Yes. Montreal has them now. And I don't remember where but have heard of them in other provinces too.

Thanks, I don't need them but I just wanted to know if they are out there. 

Just watching the news and they talked about Iran. The head person said not to have religious gatherings. The Imams then said that no, you should come and Allah will protect you. So, people went, and were filmed actually licking (ala marchand), these religious symbols, and others were doing the same at the same place. What a bunch of idiots. I wonder how many Imams around the world are saying the same thing. 

Why is it that everyday,every fricken day, I hear of people on cruise ships or in India, Peru, or other countries crying for help from the Canadian gov't to get them home. Have they been living under a rock for the last 3-4 weeks?????? Why haven't they jumped ship or make their own way back 2-3 weeks ago? 

One of my daughters works between 2 hospitals here, with the kitchen staff., University and Victoria. She sent me this by email. 

"they have closed 9 wings as of yesterday at Vic and the entire 10th floor of UH. We normally have almost 900 patients, now we have less than 500. That is equivalent to the closure of UH. They are preparing for the coming weeks."

2 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Instacart and Amazon workers on strike over health concerns.  It's amazing hospital workers haven't already gone on strike if only because they don't have the luxury.  

So far its only one warehouse (in NY state) because Amazon is keeping the facility open despite a confirmed case, but you have to wonder if others, and other businesses, will follow suit when coworkers test positive & the company remains open.

As for the nurses - it is their job to deal with sick people so i doubt many would even consider walking out, although it is their employer's responsibility to provide them with the safest possible working environment (ie gloves, masks etc) and in some places that is clearly not being done. 

• H_T_L unpinned this topic