The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

2 hours ago, habs1952 said:

I get it now. Your wife is the queen, your daughter is the princess and you are the jester! :lol:

:5785:  :wut2:

3 hours ago, HARBORSPORT said:

exactly how long is this social distancing thing supposed to last anyway ???

my wife keeps trying to get back in the house .........................:4224:

Be strong. 

Let me tell you something. All, and I mean all health care ministers and authorities, around the world have been telling us "Do not touch your face". OK, take it from me, the only way you will not touch your face is by wearing a full face motorcycle helmet, 24/7. YW.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:01 PM, habs1952 said:

First your daughter and now your wife shopping for you. You gotta get off your throne and do things yourself ya lazy bum. :)

Hey, between the 2 of them getting my groceries, mail, and doing my laundry, I feel like a king. :lol::):frech1: 

Stay safe everybody? With a little help from my friends! A video of the Beatles "I Want To Hold Your Hand," called "I Want To Wash My Hands."

Ok. Not the real Beatles. But a fun watch.

You will want to click on the link below because I could not get the video to come up.

video-1585921760.mp4

Edited by Larry-Launstein-Jr
13 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Let me tell you something. All, and I mean all health care ministers and authorities, around the world have been telling us "Do not touch your face". OK, take it from me, the only way you will not touch your face is by wearing a full face motorcycle helmet, 24/7. YW.

I took your advice and I gotta say I'm having a hard time eating.:wut2:

52 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

I took your advice and I gotta say I'm having a hard time eating.:wut2:

Then you're doing it the right way. :6188:

19 hours ago, Larry-Launstein-Jr said:

Stay safe everybody? With a little help from my friends! A video of the Beatles "I Want To Hold Your Hand," called "I Want To Wash My Hands."

Ok. Not the real Beatles. But a fun watch.

You will want to click on the link below because I could not get the video to come up.

video-1585921760.mp4

Pink Floyd was apparently trying to have concert.  

A company in Kitchener has expanded to produce 50,000 face shields a day starting tomorrow. They said they will need 100-150 people to staff it. :)

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/in-a-position-to-help-kitchener-company-expands-to-make-50-000-face-shields-a-day-1.4886766

Edited by kinot-2

China has reported today that they didn't have once single death today. 

That's a pretty bold statement considering their population. #skeptical

The U.S. had reported 1,736 deaths today. 

Edited by kinot-2
1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

China has reported today that they didn't have once single death today. 

That's a pretty bold statement considering their population. #skeptical

The U.S. had reported 1,736 deaths today. 

Yeah, its clear that there's a lot of dubious reporting coming from all parts of the world right now.   

The other thing to note is that apparently a high portion (upwards of 40%) of those patients who end up in ICU - and recover - apparently leave with some very serious damage to their heart and/or lungs.   Its unclear what sort of long-term effect this will have but it makes you wonder if the mortality rate will be much much higher in a few years - ie, if people die a year or two later from complications, not immediately from the virus. 

10 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Yeah, its clear that there's a lot of dubious reporting coming from all parts of the world right now.   

The other thing to note is that apparently a high portion (upwards of 40%) of those patients who end up in ICU - and recover - apparently leave with some very serious damage to their heart and/or lungs.   Its unclear what sort of long-term effect this will have but it makes you wonder if the mortality rate will be much much higher in a few years - ie, if people die a year or two later from complications, not immediately from the virus. 

Never thought of that. Something to think about.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic