The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

On 2021-01-22 at 4:40 PM, habby67 said:

Let's be grateful MB hasn't traded him for Dubois. I still don't 100 per cent trust the guy lol

Lol. Well, he’s considered the next stud for the Habs. It’s been awhile since we could say that. The Habs used to draft and groom very good and even Stud like dmen regularly. Or true potential studs. Not sure what’s changed this past while. It’s refreshing to see a guy like Romanov. He’s a blue chipper. 

I really like this kid, he just got here and he has not made any really glaring mistakes when you consider this is his first couple of games around this league he does not really know the opposing players yet you get the feeling that a lot of this is instinct for this guy he is pretty much a natural and with more time he will only get better. i see him as a direct Marky replacement time will tell if he puts up the #'s but his defence is already there.

28 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

I really like this kid, he just got here and he has not made any really glaring mistakes when you consider this is his first couple of games around this league he does not really know the opposing players yet you get the feeling that a lot of this is instinct for this guy he is pretty much a natural and with more time he will only get better. i see him as a direct Marky replacement time will tell if he puts up the #'s but his defence is already there.

This bolded part cannot be overstated.  He's looked good, he's looked creative and smart - but most importantly he just seems to "know" what to do.  There's only been one time (OT vs toronto ) where he looked even remotely lost/overwhelmed and that was just for a second.  He's the real deal.  He may not be a #1-2 (although he still might) but there's no way he's not a top 4 DMan at absolute worst. 

• 2 months later...

Really been impressed by how cool under fire he's looked out there, along with being one of our more physical guys. He's made a ton of good passes when clearing the zone and always seems to have a good feel for who's around him. He's a keeper.

3 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Really been impressed by how cool under fire he's looked out there, along with being one of our more physical guys. He's made a ton of good passes when clearing the zone and always seems to have a good feel for who's around him. He's a keeper.

I agree he is a breath of fresh air he can skate and hit and pass and he has a good shot too. he will only get better.

37 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

I agree he is a breath of fresh air he can skate and hit and pass and he has a good shot too. he will only get better.

^^^^  this. 

Also, anyone notice how good Victor Mete has looked the past few games next to Romanov? It's refreshing to have two pairs with two guys who can both skate and move the puck (Kulak-Petry and Mete-Romanov).

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Also, anyone notice how good Victor Mete has looked the past few games next to Romanov? It's refreshing to have two pairs with two guys who can both skate and move the puck (Kulak-Petry and Mete-Romanov).

Yes. I apprecaite they are getting easier matchups (although nt always - they had over 3 minutes 5-on-5 against McDavid last night) but they've actually been better than Edmundson/Weber lately.   I was hoping things turned around after the break (Weber looked good) but last night that pairing looked confused and gassed most of the night.   Romanov-Mete looked quite good.  

Makes you wonder what DD does when Chairot is ready to go. I know what I'd do...