Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Playin Games and Play off Games


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Interesting stats but for the record,

1st month of the season (13 games)
- Pens were 8-5-0 with 16 pts
- Habs were 7-4-2 with 16 pts

- Pens scored 46 goals and allowed 31
- Habs scored 49 goals and allowed 40

Home Record for the entire season
- Pens were 23-8-4 (ranks 4th)
- Habs were 14-17-6 (ranks 30th)

Road Record for the entire season
- Pens were 17-15-2 (ranks 17th)
- Habs were 17-14-3 (ranks 15th)

Record head to head
- Both teams beat each other 4-1
- Pens beat the Habs 3-2 in OT the other game

Was Pittsburgh missing anyone major during that early season stretch?

We had a dominant Drouin-JK duo to start the year which really added another layer to our forward group (effective top 9 vs effective top 6) so it will be interesting to see if that happens again, with or without domi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Was Pittsburgh missing anyone major during that early season stretch?

We had a dominant Drouin-JK duo to start the year which really added another layer to our forward group (effective top 9 vs effective top 6) so it will be interesting to see if that happens again, with or without domi.

The Pens had a bunch of key injuries; most, I believe, were early in the season.

Games missed:

Crosby ~ 28 (?)

Malkin 13

Letang 13?

Guentzel ? (He was a point-a-game guy at the time.)

Others

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From an article dated Jan. 20, 2020:

"The Penguins started the 2019-20 campaign with an incredible plague of injuries — according to the site Man-Games Lost, Pittsburgh has been the most injured team in the league,1 including a absences of 28 games for Crosby, 14 for winger Bryan Rust and 13 for Malkin, and a recent injury to forward Jake Guentzel."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rocketbelifleur said:

The Pens had a bunch of key injuries; most, I believe, were early in the season:

Crosby ~ 28 (?)

Malkin 13

Letang 13?

Guentzel ? (He was a point-a-game guy at the time.)

Others

 

Crosby played the first 17 games before suffering the injury. Letang 15 or 16 games.  Guentzel wasnt hurt until mid december. 

Rust was either the first or in preseason, cant remember - Malkin was the second game and missed 11.


Those were 

3 minutes ago, rocketbelifleur said:

From an article dated Jan. 20, 2020:

"The Penguins started the 2019-20 campaign with an incredible plague of injuries — according to the site Man-Games Lost, Pittsburgh has been the most injured team in the league,1 including a absences of 28 games for Crosby, 14 for winger Bryan Rust and 13 for Malkin, and a recent injury to forward Jake Guentzel."

 

Right but we werent talking about Oct - Dec.  Kinot posted their record for the first month & I asked who they were missing during that tme.  only Rust and Malkin really. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rocketbelifleur said:

Sorry, I misunderstood.

 

All good - and i mean the past is the past - you cant really read much into it - but i think the interesting thing is that sometimes Pittsburgh comes out of the gates slow.  Now, in the regular season you can do that, i suspect they'll be ready to go for the play-in round, but maybe, just maybe you catch them sleeping in the first game and then you have a chance. 

Pretty sure we're going to lose handily (which is ok with the 12.5% shot at 1ova) but who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2020 at 8:50 PM, maas_art said:

All good - and i mean the past is the past - you cant really read much into it - but i think the interesting thing is that sometimes Pittsburgh comes out of the gates slow.  Now, in the regular season you can do that, i suspect they'll be ready to go for the play-in round, but maybe, just maybe you catch them sleeping in the first game and then you have a chance. 

Pretty sure we're going to lose handily (which is ok with the 12.5% shot at 1ova) but who knows.

To be frank, I really rather we'd lose and get a 1/8 chance at Lafrenniere than make it the 2nd round and lose and get a mid round pick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

To be frank, I really rather we'd lose and get a 1/8 chance at Lafrenniere than make it the 2nd round and lose and get a mid round pick

Im also in that camp.  I mean i never want the team to lose but honestly, if we beat the pens its most likely going to be a fluke.  Do we really have a shot at the cup? Or even final 4?

If we cant make it to at least the conference final then id much rather 1st or 9th ova vs 16th or higher. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

To be frank, I really rather we'd lose and get a 1/8 chance at Lafrenniere than make it the 2nd round and lose and get a mid round pick

 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Im also in that camp.  I mean i never want the team to lose but honestly, if we beat the pens its most likely going to be a fluke.  Do we really have a shot at the cup? Or even final 4?

If we cant make it to at least the conference final then id much rather 1st or 9th ova vs 16th or higher. 

Not only that, but there's also a chance that the playoffs just get shut down completely at some point. If that happens after the play-in series, we've then lost our shot at a top pick AND a chance at a Cup. It's just not worth giving up the draft pick for a weak shot at winning and with all the uncertainty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

 

Not only that, but there's also a chance that the playoffs just get shut down completely at some point. If that happens after the play-in series, we've then lost our shot at a top pick AND a chance at a Cup. It's just not worth giving up the draft pick for a weak shot at winning and with all the uncertainty.

That would pretty much be our luck.  Win play in round, be up 3-1 in next series... playoffs shut down. We pick 16th.    MB says "well, i told you anything could happen."  Molson gives him a contract extension. 

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. 

12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Sidney Crosby NOT on ice with Penguins for camp practice Sunday. Did not finish a scrimmage Saturday.

Yeah right now there's a whole non-disclosure thing so i dont think we'll have any idea who is injured, who is sick, who has tested positive for Covid etc.

The winner of the cup (assuming it gets all the way there) may be the team that stays healthiest, in more ways that one. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Per Justin Blades:

Max Domi joins practice and after a week of consideration, has decided he will participate in the play-in round.

He skated on the reserve line (with Belzile and Dauphin) but will presumably move up to 2nd or 3rd lne once he's in game shape. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The NHL has unveiled details for hub cities and in-game presentation as it approaches its restart next month in Edmonton and Toronto.

In a video released by the league, the NHL reveals its plan for health and safety, along with information about television broadcasts and player amenities during a period in which no fans will be allowed in the arenas.

NHL personnel in the bubbles are to be separated from the general public during the pandemic under an agreement reached with the federal government.

The NHL says it will use DynaLIFE Medical Labs in Edmonton and LifeLabs in Toronto for daily COVID-19 testing.

Each bubble has 14 restaurants for players and staff and there is a concierge service for players to get delivery.

BMO Field in Toronto — normally the home of Toronto FC of the MLS and the CFL's Argonauts — is part of the bubble, serving as an outdoor recreation facility.

Four-time Grammy winner Michael Buble will perform the national anthems for the Aug. 1 opening day games.

Video game company EA Sports will provide crowd noise and the NHL plans to use individual teams' goal horns and chants to add to the atmosphere.

:4224:

Bold is mine. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

ideo game company EA Sports will provide crowd noise and the NHL plans to use individual teams' goal horns and chants to add to the atmosphere.

:4224:

Bold is mine. 

 

Based on how other sports have done it, I expected as much.  What im unclear on though is:  Lets say we play Pittsburgh & game 1 they are the home team, do the "fans" only cheer when Pittsburgh scores?  Do they boo when certain players touch the puck?  :4224:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Based on how other sports have done it, I expected as much.  What im unclear on though is:  Lets say we play Pittsburgh & game 1 they are the home team, do the "fans" only cheer when Pittsburgh scores?  Do they boo when certain players touch the puck?  :4224:

Also, do they boo when their player gets a penalty? Will we be hearing  "Refs you suck"? :4322:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16F, 10D, 4G + Romanov = 31

The two cuts are Laurent Dauphin and Josh Brook.

If we are to go with the lines and pairings from their final scrimmage yesterday, the line-up should be:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Weal - Domi - Weise

EXTRAS: Hudon, Belzile, Evans & Poehling

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Mete - Fleury

EXTRAS: Juulsen, Folin, Olofsson & Ouellet

Price
Lindgren

EXTRAS: Primeay & McNiven

Practices: Romanov

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

16F, 10D, 4G + Romanov = 31

The two cuts are Laurent Dauphin and Josh Brook.

If we are to go with the lines and pairings from their final scrimmage yesterday, the line-up should be:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Weal - Domi - Weise

EXTRAS: Hudon, Belzile, Evans & Poehling

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Mete - Fleury

EXTRAS: Juulsen, Folin, Olofsson & Ouellet

Price
Lindgren

EXTRAS: Primeay & McNiven

Practices: Romanov

Today the lines and pairings were all the same except the 3rd pairing which was

Ouellet-Mete

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

16F, 10D, 4G + Romanov = 31

The two cuts are Laurent Dauphin and Josh Brook.

If we are to go with the lines and pairings from their final scrimmage yesterday, the line-up should be:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Weal - Domi - Weise

EXTRAS: Hudon, Belzile, Evans & Poehling

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Mete - Fleury

EXTRAS: Juulsen, Folin, Olofsson & Ouellet

Price
Lindgren

EXTRAS: Primeay & McNiven

Practices: Romanov

Overall it is what it is but for the love of all that is holy how does anyone cut Josh Brook over Folin?   

He may have a lot of development to do but Brook could still end up being the best RHD in our system and we're not even keeping him on the 30 man roster? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...