Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H_T_L

Habs vs Leafs tuneup game

How far will we go in the playoffs?   16 members have voted

1. 1. How many rounds will the Habs play?

• Playin round only
    • We'll advance to round 1
    • Round 2
    • Eastern finals
    • Cup Finals

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

171 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I was STARVING for hockey of any sort. I'm gonna watch the Cal/Ed game too. :)

Do we have a out of town thread still?

Just now, HabsRuleForever said:

Not sure, but if there isn't Ill make one. 

I’ll go make one

I’ll go make one

K. 

Just now, kinot-2 said:

K. 

Done

Done

OK, I'll switch to that one. 

Well that game was underwhelming.

1 minute ago, kinot-2 said:

OK, I'll switch to that one. 

Ok so we can talk about him here.

1 minute ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Ok so we can talk about him here.

Who the heck is "him"? 

Just now, kinot-2 said:

Who the heck is "him"? 

You

You

No comment. :frech1:

Posted (edited)

Is it just me or did our "big 4" D men look awful? Especially Chiarot and Petry. I hope Juulsen is in the game on Saturday and they run Mete-Weber, Kulak-Petry and Chiarot-Juulsen cause man are Weber and Chiarot slow! 

Edited by campabee82

21 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Is it just me or did our "big 4" D men look awful? Especially Chiarot and Petry. I hope Juulsen is in the game on Saturday and they run Mete-Weber, Kulak-Petry and Chiarot-Juulsen cause man are Weber and Chiarot slow! 

I want us to lose to the pens but man if we were actually trying to win, id really love to have Therrien back right now.  No, i didnt just go nuts. The one thing Therrien could do (better than just about any coach ive ever seen) is fire up players. I bet we'd win 2 -3 series with him at the helm. Guys would be flying and doing whatever it took to win.  Of course, he'd eventually be outcoached but credit where credit is due: Therrien can get a team playing their very best for the first 10-15 games after a break. Julien's teams have often been notorious for slow starts.  Good for the 1st OVA sweepstakes... 

Not going to lie, it feels good finally being able to watch some Habs hockey again. Only caught the highlights after getting up this morning and it all seemed rather weird without fans in the standings, but it's the ACC so the noise level was still close enough to where it usually is :lol: Unfortunately, that also seems to apply to the performance level of our abysmal PP :rolleyes: Two shorties, eh? Amazing.

9 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Special teams killed us tonight.

Special teams always kill this team :5155:

2 hours ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

Special teams always kill this team :5155:

You would almost think they would do something about it, like put better players in place, or change coaches or something but i guess that might be a bit too much to ask... 

Price underwhelming again. But what do I know? Considering all the play by play commentators bragging about how he can do this or how he's so good at doing that, I find we are mostly playing catch up every game....:4845:

I certainly hope they are gong to work on the PK, while on the PP. 

14 hours ago, maas_art said:

I want us to lose to the pens but man if we were actually trying to win, id really love to have Therrien back right now.  No, i didnt just go nuts. The one thing Therrien could do (better than just about any coach ive ever seen) is fire up players. I bet we'd win 2 -3 series with him at the helm. Guys would be flying and doing whatever it took to win.  Of course, he'd eventually be outcoached but credit where credit is due: Therrien can get a team playing their very best for the first 10-15 games after a break. Julien's teams have often been notorious for slow starts.  Good for the 1st OVA sweepstakes... 

I am over CJ! what has he ever done as a Habs coach? nothing! he had some success in Boston but he has done nothing here at all! i don't think he has even got the most out of what we do have for a roster!

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

I am over CJ! what has he ever done as a Habs coach? nothing! he had some success in Boston but he has done nothing here at all! i don't think he has even got the most out of what we do have for a roster!

The problem is that we're so limited by the self-imposed "must speak french" rule that Julien's still probably a top 10 choice of anyone actually out there & available*.  Its ridiculous.

(*at least of what we know of. Im sure there's a number of excellent french-speaking coaches in the lower ranks who arent on habs' radar because they havent 'paid their dues' yet)

4 hours ago, maas_art said:

The problem is that we're so limited by the self-imposed "must speak french" rule that Julien's still probably a top 10 choice of anyone actually out there & available*.  Its ridiculous.

(*at least of what we know of. Im sure there's a number of excellent french-speaking coaches in the lower ranks who arent on habs' radar because they havent 'paid their dues' yet)

I am just so sick of it all right now i don't think i even care anymore.