Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

Montreal vs. Pittsburgh Saturday Aug 1st 8pmET

181 posts in this topic

New Normal Loss #1

Discuss

I cant shake this feeling like we are going to win this series.   
Its honestly the first time I have ever sort of "wanted" a series loss (1st or even 9th in this year's draft are nothing to sneeze at)... but somehow i think we'll be just good enough to win.

That said, you've got playoff intensity and preseason conditioning so i think the team that wins will likely be the one who has the fewest injuries. 

Might catch them sleeping a few games so anything is possible i guess. Our D really got exposed in that Leaf game so that can't happen if we're to have any shot. Special teams look far from ready.

5 hours ago, maas_art said:

I cant shake this feeling like we are going to win this series.   
Its honestly the first time I have ever sort of "wanted" a series loss (1st or even 9th in this year's draft are nothing to sneeze at)... but somehow i think we'll be just good enough to win.

That said, you've got playoff intensity and preseason conditioning so i think the team that wins will likely be the one who has the fewest injuries. 

I have never wanted a loss. I really don't give a tinkers dam about the draft (just look at how we have drafted the last few years). We have about a 12% chance of picking first, (it ain't gonna happen).

8 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I have never wanted a loss. I really don't give a tinkers dam about the draft (just look at how we have drafted the last few years). We have about a 12% chance of picking first, (it ain't gonna happen).

Neither have I and now is no different... and the draft will be interesting if not necessarily a win either way

10 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I get that & im sure, when the games start, i'll be cheering for the boys.  But its just so tough to ignore 1st or 9th.

At 1st you get a pretty near cant fail prospect.  I know, i know, Alexander Daigle or Doug Wickenheiser, but honestly how often does that happen? This isnt a weak draft year like 2012 when Yakupov was the best of a really underwhelming group.  Im pretty confident that Laf. is the real deal.

And what if we lose the lottery & pick 9th? Thats still going to be a pretty special player.  This  draft is very deep, meaning top 5-7 guys are all really really high end.  All you need is for a couple of teams to pick possitionally & its possible we end up with a guy who should have gone in the top 6.

Anyway, will be interesting to see how this all plays out. 

Winning any series in this cluster$%$% of playoffs only serves to reinforce MB's narrative that he's built a good team.   That all you need to do is make it and then anything can happen.    Good teams don't just need to squeek in or get a last ditch effort due to a global pandemic.

7 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Winning any series in this cluster$%$% of playoffs only serves to reinforce MB's narrative that he's built a good team.   That all you need to do is make it and then anything can happen.    Good teams don't just need to squeek in or get a last ditch effort due to a global pandemic.

Good point.  If we beat pittsburgh in a totally fluky way & then lose 4 straight in the real "first round" you can bet that MB will only focus on the fact that we beat Malkin/Crosby led penguins, so we can beat anybody. 

Ok so we got our Asses handed to us by the Leafs (A team we beat 3 out of 3 times this year) on Wednesday so we practiced with the same lines yesterday?! This is going to be bad tonight. Wednesday it wasn't any of the Leafs big 4 that beat us it was their bottom 6 that severely exposed our bottom pair. Why the hell isn't Mete-Juulsen the bottom pairing after that fiasco? It was pretty obvious that Fleury wasn't ready and Ouellet wasn't capable.

I like Suzuki but we need Domi centering for Drouin have Suzuki on the right wing. They can alternate for face offs if needed. We need the offense. Put Armia back with Lehk's and JK. Than have Poehling or Evans centering the forth line. Poehling , Evans , Byron. 

Tatar, Danault, Gallagher

Drouin, Domi, Suzuki

Lehks, JK, Armia

Poehling, Evans , Byron 

Mete and Ouellet in vs. PIT.

Matt Murray starting.

11 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I like Suzuki but we need Domi centering for Drouin have Suzuki on the right wing. They can alternate for face offs if needed. We need the offense. Put Armia back with Lehk's and JK. Than have Poehling or Evans centering the forth line. Poehling , Evans , Byron. 

Tatar, Danault, Gallagher

Drouin, Domi, Suzuki

Lehks, JK, Armia

Poehling, Evans , Byron 

That is way better then the crap we are going to run up front

When asked about his defensive pairings for Game 1 against the Penguins, Canadiens head coach Claude Julien says nothing is set in stone and they'll be making changes as things play out.

Well we cannot afford penalties today as we give up too many shorties!!!! It is nice to have the Habs back and with a little puck luck we can win this one. I am making sure I do not watch the last minute of any of the first two periods in these games as we continue to be overly generous to the opposition during this time. GO HABS GO

4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Matt Murray starting.

Apparently pittsburgh wants those 12.5% odds too!

EeXwv3CWoAAvh02.jpg

I hear we're gonna lose this one,

DROP THE PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :freu1::freu1:

Just now, kinot-2 said:

DROP THE PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :freu1::freu1:

Drop two and guess the right one and we have a chance

4 minutes ago, archey said:

Drop two and guess the right one and we have a chance

We'd have to turn the net around too. 

So,,,,, is the anthem singer in the bubble too?? Strange they just didn't use a taped version.

Just now, H_T_L said:

So,,,,, is the anthem singer in the bubble too?? Strange they just didn't use a taped version.

Seen it the other day, now they just have to show the taped version. Methinks the singer is in the buble' too. 

Penguins came to play. Habs are still thinking about it.

The heck is a 504 gateway timeout?