Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

Montreal vs Pittsburgh Series Thread

65 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Predictions?

Well,,,,, we were a better road team then home team this year so maybe that continues and we pull off an early upset,,, but i'm not betting the farm on it.

Seeing that exhibition game sure didn’t up my confidence in this team. 

17 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Well,,,,, we were a better road team then home team this year so maybe that continues and we pull off an early upset,,, but i'm not betting the farm on it.

Ya, but, in effect, they're playing a road game as well, so it evens up. They had dam well ramp up their game if they want to win.  

15 hours ago, booboo_mtl said:

Seeing that exhibition game sure didn’t up my confidence in this team. 

Ya, I just hope they win one game tho.

9 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya, but, in effect, they're playing a road game as well, so it evens up. They had dam well ramp up their game if they want to win.  

Ya, I just hope they win one game tho.

Miracles can happen :freu1:

Would be shocked if we win a game. This team under Julien is not a winning hockey team. 

I know the whole world is betting against us (I think SN had like only 9% believing we can win the series) but I actually think we have a decent chance. 

Im not sure how I feel about it because I do want that high pick but i wouldnt be totally shocked to see us win this series.  Of course I also wouldnt be surprised to see us swept in 3 games. :4224:

Bob McKenzie gave the historical number for best of five series this morning...Teams who lose game one of a best of 5 series in NHL history have only come back to win 12.5% of the series.

Oh the irony of that %...:4224:

15 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I have no idea what record the Pens had on the road. I was just pointing out that we were not that good at the Bell Center this season, so being on the road shouldn't be a crutch for us.

12 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I have no idea what record the Pens had on the road. I was just pointing out that we were not that good at the Bell Center this season, so being on the road shouldn't be a crutch for us.

In fairness, we werent very good anywhere this year. :4224:

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

True.:lol:

21 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Predictions?

Sure

About what?

4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Bob McKenzie gave the historical number for best of five series this morning...Teams who lose game one of a best of 5 series in NHL history have only come back to win 12.5% of the series.

Oh the irony of that %...:4224:

I'm going to call Montreal winning the first game and losing the round ...everybody gets jacked and then let down and then get jacked again when we win the lottery ..odds of this happening 1.25 % .. "so you're saying there's a chance "

1 hour ago, arpem-can said:

I'm going to call Montreal winning the first game and losing the round ...everybody gets jacked and then let down and then get jacked again when we win the lottery ..odds of this happening 1.25 % .. "so you're saying there's a chance "

"I made a trade that at the time, I had to make that trade. I have a reason that I can’t really tell you why, but if I could, you would probably understand."

We will finally understand!!  (assuming we dont beat pittsburgh)

True fact: Penguins have NEVER won a series against the Habs.

8 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

True fact: Penguins have NEVER won a series against the Habs.

True fact: There is a first time for everything...   :4322:

2 hours ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

True fact: There is a first time for everything...   :4322:

This   Starting tonight.

22 hours ago, maas_art said:

Or as Harry Neale once said while coaching the Canucks during a slump:

"We can't win at home; we can't win on the road; my only failure as a coach is that I can't figure out where else we can play"

On 8/1/2020 at 11:37 AM, HabsRuleForever said:

This   Starting tonight.

OOOPS! Starting tonight... means tonight I guess

Question marks for me... Drouin, Weal and Chariot did not play up to snuff in the first game IMHO

I got to see this game. I was quite surprised that the Habs even won this game, as Pittsburgh was applying the pressure most of the game. They got a few breaks to go their way. Nice to see former Detroit Tigers pitcher Dan Petry's son Jeff get the OT winner.

6 hours ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

Question marks for me... Drouin, Weal and Chariot did not play up to snuff in the first game IMHO

To me Chariot was ok. Drouin was not great but I wouldnt likely move him (although id like to see Domi on that line once he's up to game shape)

Weal was bad. Id like him out.  I would keep Weise in for now but replace weal with Evans.  Oullette was not good either.  Mete looked a bit uncomfortable on his off side.  Id remedy this by sitting Ouellett, bringing in either Fleury or Juulsen and putting Mete back at LD. 

12 minutes ago, maas_art said:

To me Chariot was ok. Drouin was not great but I wouldnt likely move him (although id like to see Domi on that line once he's up to game shape)

Weal was bad. Id like him out.  I would keep Weise in for now but replace weal with Evans.  Oullette was not good either.  Mete looked a bit uncomfortable on his off side.  Id remedy this by sitting Ouellett, bringing in either Fleury or Juulsen and putting Mete back at LD. 

I agree about Ouellett he looked very soft out there! Drouin is going to have to get with the program! he was a drag on the team with his penalties! as for Weal i have never liked him he does nothing for me at all! i would always play a younger player before him even if that player makes a few mistakes at least we would be building our future instead of treading water over and over again!

CJ already has 2 kids in the lineup ( 3 if you count Mete), As much as i would like to see Evans or Poehling in there over Weal or Weise, i'm not holding my breath that CJ goes with more youth over experience. He can't even shake the habit of Weal on the PP,,, and that's a travesty IMO. 

Weise looked  a little out of place at times, that line with Weal and Domi has a good physical presence. Having Domi lower in the line-up allows our forwards to play more of a possession game. I can see Evans get a look because he appears to be a very smart player, but we would lose some of that physicality. Julien appears to be trying to get the hits in and make Pittsburgh pay for their scoring chances. We'll see if it works. It is nice to see some depth to this line-up. We have a few more options now although some of them are a pretty young. It is a good problem to have.