Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

Montreal vs Philadelphia 8 pm ET

149 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Dano saved a goal. 

It looked like that real-time but when i watched the replay in slow-mo it sure looked like Price would have been back in time.  He sure is on point right now. 

Refs couldn't care less about makeup calls.

LOL good job refs but yeah our “top” players where are you & what the hell are you doing?

Just now, southernhabfan said:

Gnite

have a good one

1 minute ago, HabsRuleForever said:

LOL good job refs but yeah our “top” players where are you & what the hell are you doing?

this

Well we weren't embarrassed.

We played a good game. 

Until we meet again. We played well and I look forward to a different result next game.

If our top guys can get going we can beat these guys.

6 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

If our top guys can get going we can beat these guys.

True.
but we've been saying for 5 games now "if our top guys could get going" and so far... not so much.

if this doesnt change - and in a hurry - this may not end well

Bummer, looks like we had a chance there.

6 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Bummer, looks like we had a chance there.

Yup. 

A costly turnover.  

Someone needs to stick a cattle prod in Drouin and Domi's rear end to get them going!!

Domi is trying to do too much himself IMO

and Drouin is looking totally disinterested

24 minutes ago, 26NCounting said:

Someone needs to stick a cattle prod in Drouin and Domi's rear end to get them going!!

I'm pretty much done with hoping for anymore from JD. That one or two skill shifts a game just doesn't cut it. Truly hope we move him in the off season. Domi just doesn't seem in shape and looks like CJ agrees by playing him so low in the lineup.

3 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I'm pretty much done with hoping for anymore from JD. That one or two skill shifts a game just doesn't cut it. Truly hope we move him in the off season. Domi just doesn't seem in shape and looks like CJ agrees by playing him so low in the lineup.

Yeah, I tend to agree. We clearly need scoring but JD doesn't seem to be the answer. It's a shame because he did look great at the beginning of the season but he seems to be back to his old ways. I'd be okay with trading him plus one or more picks to finally get that LHD we need in the offseason. Finding a ~50-point winger for 5.5-6M in free agency should be easier than getting a LHD. 

40 minutes ago, 26NCounting said:

They looked better for those last few shifts when domi took armia's spot.  It will be interesting to see if Domi-JK-Drouin will be a line to start the next game.   Armia looks snake bit.  Heck, all of our wingers except Lehks and Byron look 'off' right now. 

12 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I think its more likely Domi gets moved than Drouin, although like you, i feel like the former would make sense than the latter. 

3 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Yeah, I tend to agree. We clearly need scoring but JD doesn't seem to be the answer. It's a shame because he did look great at the beginning of the season but he seems to be back to his old ways. I'd be okay with trading him plus one or more picks to finally get that LHD we need in the offseason. Finding a ~50-point winger for 5.5-6M in free agency should be easier than getting a LHD. 

I get the feeling that MB wont trade Drouin. Maybe if Sergachev was to move this summer then he will but he never seems to like to move players he traded for because the optics are that he lost the deal (since he gave up on the player & the other team didnt).   Imho MB worries way too much about optics. 

Seems like Tatar disappears in the playoffs.

0.6 PPG career avg in the NHL, 0.30 in playoffs. Healthy scratch last year with Knights, doesn't look any better thus far

51 minutes ago, booboo_mtl said:

Seems like Tatar disappears in the playoffs.

0.6 PPG career avg in the NHL, 0.30 in playoffs. Healthy scratch last year with Knights, doesn't look any better thus far

30 games (career) is a bit tough to judge but i agree he hasnt had a lot of success.   He had 2 decent playoff years in detroit but so far not been good since then. 

Id consider moving the lines around a little. Right now he doesnt look snake-bit like say, Armia or Gallagher. He looks lost.  Maybe moving him to a less high pressure line would allow him the extra time and space needed to make plays. He also sometimes looked better at RW in detroit. Domi could take his spot:

Domi - Suzuki - Gallagher
Drouin - JK - Tatar
Lekhs - Danult - Armia
Byron - Evans/Poehling - Weise