H_T_L

GAME 5 Wed 8;00p.m.

Are we done?   16 members have voted

  1. 1. Is tonight the night?

    • Going to send it to game 6
      7
    • Done like dinner
      6
    • #blamekinot
      3

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

305 posts in this topic

Anything left in the tank?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if we get a lead, we might win.  I actually could see us come out flying and win this one - maybe even next game - but now you've put yourself in a bad bad hole.

This is one of the weirdest series' ive ever seen the habs play.  We were dominant in game 2,  arguably the better team in 1 and 3 - and yet we're down 3-1.  We CAN beat this team but now they have 3 chances to end it & may only need 1. 

If we dont manage to pull off a miracle this series will be one of those "missed opportunities" that will haunt certain players.   A rested and heatlhy Price, Weber and Petry to start the playoffs will likely never happen again.. and we squander it against a team we clearly can beat. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No power  to the power play. They need to change their power play.

can’t win if you can’t score,...in the glory years, Montreal would put their biggest player in front of the net to screen the goalie.

they would put LARRY ROBINSON in front of the net,....Montreal should try putting WEBER in front of the net.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Habs need help said:

No power  to the power play. They need to change their power play.

can’t win if you can’t score,...in the glory years, Montreal would put their biggest player in front of the net to screen the goalie.

they would put LARRY ROBINSON in front of the net,....Montreal should try putting WEBER in front of the net.

 

One advantage to putting Weber in front of the the net is that he wouldn't have to worry about, well... Weber shooting at him.

:freu1:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's just end this debacle!!  We should have just lost to the Pens then at least we would have had a chance at the first pick, but then again MB would just screw that up as well. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Habs need help said:

No power  to the power play. They need to change their power play.

can’t win if you can’t score,...in the glory years, Montreal would put their biggest player in front of the net to screen the goalie.

they would put LARRY ROBINSON in front of the net,....Montreal should try putting WEBER in front of the net.

 

Put Drouin in front of the net if he can find it.  With any luck a puck will bounce off him and in the net or hurt him to get him out of the line up.  WIN WIN

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Habs need help said:

No power  to the power play. They need to change their power play.

can’t win if you can’t score,...in the glory years, Montreal would put their biggest player in front of the net to screen the goalie.

they would put LARRY ROBINSON in front of the net,....Montreal should try putting WEBER in front of the net.

 

The problem is that by the time Weber has skated to the front of the net, the PP is over. :P

Kidding (he's not quite that slow) but im not sure if he's the best option for net presence as its never been his game. I do think other guys could do it, unfortunately none of our really skilled guys are well suited there.   Armia is probably the best option but that takes PP time away from a more skilled forward too. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maas_art said:

The problem is that by the time Weber has skated to the front of the net, the PP is over. :P

Kidding (he's not quite that slow) but im not sure if he's the best option for net presence as its never been his game. I do think other guys could do it, unfortunately none of our really skilled guys are well suited there.   Armia is probably the best option but that takes PP time away from a more skilled forward too. 

Like Drouin?? :4224:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Captain Obvious says 1st goal will determine the outcome.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, 26NCounting said:

Like Drouin?? :4224:

exactly.  Too many players like that who just are of no value in front of the net and offer no net presense

 

26 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Captain Obvious says 1st goal will determine the outcome.


Did you just call me captain obvious? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, maas_art said:

exactly.  Too many players like that who just are of no value in front of the net and offer no net presense

 


Did you just call me captain obvious? 

Maybe he meant Captain Oblivious. :ph34r:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we're done after this evening. I voted #blamekinot, though. Just because I really think we need to stop blaming Bergevin and double-down on blaming Kinot.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Captain Obvious says 1st goal will determine the outcome.

Who's Captain Obvious???

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all about the first goal. We've shown that if Philly gets it, we can't break their defensive shield that they go back to once they're sitting on a lead.

For this one, I'd mix up the lines a bit:

Domi-Suzuki-Tatar

Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia

Lehkonen-Danault-Gallagher

Byron-Evans-Poehling

 

My reasoning... first, with the JK line, he's the only center with whom Drouin has played reliably well, so that line is one I'd reunite. Armia and JK go to the dirty areas where Drouin won't. I've always liked Lehkone-Danault as a duo and their best performance was when Shaw was the third member on that line. So no better replacement for Shaw than a better version of Shaw in Gallagher, and maybe the easier match-ups help get Gallagher going. On the first line, I'd put my remaining top 9 players and I'd try sliding Tatar over the to the right wing. He's not the guy who's going to rush the puck up the ice when you have Domi and Suzuki as above-average puck carriers on that trio, so let's put him in the shooter position and put him off-wing where he has a better chance at a one-timer. My 4th line is my best three remaining players. SVP no Weal and no Weise, and the Belzile experiment has to be done. You can't have a player with no experience in there who misses the net by 6 feet when he's shooting from 10 feet away from the net. We need goals.

On D, I want Juulsen in. Ouellet should sit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I think we're done after this evening. I voted #blamekinot, though. Just because I really think we need to stop blaming Bergevin and double-down on blaming Kinot.

After tonite you can't blame me for anything that happens. :6185:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13:07 for Gallagher last game. In the dog house with Muller? Injured?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, maas_art said:

exactly.  Too many players like that who just are of no value in front of the net and offer no net presense

 


Did you just call me captain obvious? 

Did you say that above? lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to hear how Gallagher is doing. He is still getting some chances, but clearly hasn't been his pesky self. Hard to blame him for any point reduction the last two games as the whole team has been held off the scoresheet.  Things we need to correct for today are getting more shots toward the net and improving the PP. We have watched good teams take our point shots away ( mostly Weber's) for a while and yet the last two games we are getting numerous chances to shoot or walk in and shoot and have only done so in the third period of the last game. With Weber's shot he is increasing the chance for rebounds in front or slowly diminishing Flyer motivation for blocking shots while providing an opportunity for some bruising. He has passed up some top quality chances including one last game where he just dumped it in the corner and watched it get shot out of the zone where he had a lot of space to walk in and shoot (he has an excellent hard writer he could be using too). The boys need to focus on hitting the net as well. Ringing pucks off the glass by trying be too fine is not as productive as hitting the goalie and letting someone score off a rebound. (perhaps thinking a little too much)

Our forwards have shown there is not a big playmaking winger amongst them (missing Kovalchuk) and our D corps needs to provide the chances for rebounds and dirty goals. We didn't finish second in shots this year by playing the way we have the last two games. We need to make the Flyers pay the price when we're in their zone and have let them off easy. Same for the PP. When it isn't working (and it isn't) we need to be putting pucks at the net. We cannot get set up and are too cute with the passing. Time to shoot and get guys in front of the net.

As far as the lines go I would put Weal in for Belzile who hit the post last game just because he provides some energy. Kulak has looked good and if we are going to make a change there Oullet would be the one I would sit (not sure about Juulsen's health but giving Fleury a shot wouldn't hurt). The D has done a good job in our end of the ice for the most part but really need to provide some offense as they did against the Pens. I could understand it if the Flyers were pressuring the point but they are not, and yet we are not taking advantage of this. The coaches need to make some adjustments and I am not sure we changed anything the last two games, but the Flyers did. Their stick play has been a lot better and they are doing a much better job playing a 2-3 as we enter the attacking zone, but they are collapsing to the front of the net and leaving us some opportunities.  

Lines  I would like to see

 Gallagher  Suzuki  Byron (one of the few causing the Flyers trouble)

 Lehkonen  Kotkoniemi  Tatar

  Drouin        Danault     Armia

   Domi        Evans      Weal

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

13:07 for Gallagher last game. In the dog house with Muller? Injured?

Benched for like 10 minutes with Drouin when we needed a goal.

Edited by ChiLla
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the refs for tonite's entertainment are: Kyle Rehman #10 and Chris Lee #28.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

It's all about the first goal. We've shown that if Philly gets it, we can't break their defensive shield that they go back to once they're sitting on a lead.

For this one, I'd mix up the lines a bit:

Domi-Suzuki-Tatar

Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia

Lehkonen-Danault-Gallagher

Byron-Evans-Poehling

 

My reasoning... first, with the JK line, he's the only center with whom Drouin has played reliably well, so that line is one I'd reunite. Armia and JK go to the dirty areas where Drouin won't. I've always liked Lehkone-Danault as a duo and their best performance was when Shaw was the third member on that line. So no better replacement for Shaw than a better version of Shaw in Gallagher, and maybe the easier match-ups help get Gallagher going. On the first line, I'd put my remaining top 9 players and I'd try sliding Tatar over the to the right wing. He's not the guy who's going to rush the puck up the ice when you have Domi and Suzuki as above-average puck carriers on that trio, so let's put him in the shooter position and put him off-wing where he has a better chance at a one-timer. My 4th line is my best three remaining players. SVP no Weal and no Weise, and the Belzile experiment has to be done. You can't have a player with no experience in there who misses the net by 6 feet when he's shooting from 10 feet away from the net. We need goals.

On D, I want Juulsen in. Ouellet should sit.

Agree with all of this. I like those lines too.   Will be interesting to see what Kirk does.  My guess, the old  Tatar - Danault - Gallagher line etc. 

Wonder how much pull Julien has from Montreal? 
 

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

After tonite you can't blame me for anything that happens. :6185:

True, we can blame you for everything
 

3 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

13:07 for Gallagher last game. In the dog house with Muller? Injured?

Yeah, as way mentioned, he was benched (with Drouin) for 10 minutes in the 3rd.   I get the idea of benching players but when you're down 2-1 in a series and down 1 or 2 - 0 in the game... maybe playing Evans and Belzille over Drouin and Domi isnt the best idea?   I fully understand that coaches sometimes need to "send a message" but is this situation the best time to do that? 

Not that i think that playing them would likely have made any difference but...  Its not like they were the only 2 guys under-performing. 

 

2 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Did you say that above? lol

Ya, the very first reply :4224:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Julien couldn't do it on this short notice but maybe he should talk to them via video chat because the do ot fir I'm worked in game 2

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would consider bring the Finland line back with kk armia and leck

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any lineup changes? Should know by now, I would think.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Any lineup changes? Should know by now, I would think.

Hudon in. Totally forgot Hudon was even here, but I'd rather him than Belzile, so it's a good change, it's just insufficient. Ouellet needed to go too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.