Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maas_art

Gallagher out. Requires surgery. Niskanen gets 1 game

52 posts in this topic

given that Kotkaniemi got a game misconduct, there better be a suspension for this... but I doubt it because the league and officials always screw us over

13 minutes ago, habsisme said:

given that Kotkaniemi got a game misconduct, there better be a suspension for this... but I doubt it because the league and officials always screw us over

I think even they cant ignore this.   I expected 1 game before the announcement but maybe 2 now.  

This is the second time Niskanen has cross checked someone in the face causing injury, he did it to Crosby. I hope he gets at least 3 or more games but doubt he will, would also like to see the refs removed from the playoffs for not calling a penalty when there was clearly an injury.

Price, Pacioretty, Eller and now Gallagher joins the list of injuries resulting from some seriously dangerous plays. Given the results from the past Gallagher will receive a card for an apology and Niskanen will be in the line-up tomorrow. Why do I think about NIlan, Bouchard, Robinson and a few others at this time. Philadelphia needs to get a message from somebody and if Niskanen is playing the rest of this series Weber as captain or somebody else needs to let this Flyer team that there will be consequences. Kreider, Gudas and Chara never got the notice and I hope the team can make it right preferably by winning the series. 

13 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

Price, Pacioretty, Eller and now Gallagher joins the list of injuries resulting from some seriously dangerous plays. Given the results from the past Gallagher will receive a card for an apology and Niskanen will be in the line-up tomorrow. Why do I think about NIlan, Bouchard, Robinson and a few others at this time. Philadelphia needs to get a message from somebody and if Niskanen is playing the rest of this series Weber as captain or somebody else needs to let this Flyer team that there will be consequences. Kreider, Gudas and Chara never got the notice and I hope the team can make it right preferably by winning the series. 

Im sure Weber would love to go show the 'consequences" but thats basically the end of our post season. He's been our anchor on defense & if you lose him for 15+ minutes it wont end well. 

So hopin I was wrong about the severity of the broken jaw.  All the more now for the HABS to beat Philadelphia. They have to do it. Montreal personnel dropping like flies.

Battling not only the flyers, but the one sided zebras. So proud of our HABS! (bergevin excluded) Get well soon, Gally.  Hope you're ready for the next series!!

57 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Im sure Weber would love to go show the 'consequences" but thats basically the end of our post season. He's been our anchor on defense & if you lose him for 15+ minutes it wont end well. 

I agree the game is more important so it would be in the Flyers interest to keep it close although Burke and some others on Sportsnet believe Niskanen will at least be done for the series if Gallagher is done and Gallagher is definitely done for the series.

Brian Burke says that the hearing was this afternoon, and now they're just waiting for medical info to make a decision. 

1 minute ago, Habberwacky said:

I agree the game is more important so it would be in the Flyers interest to keep it close although Burke and some others on Sportsnet believe Niskanen will at least be done for the series if Gallagher is done and Gallagher is definitely done for the series.

He better be done for the series if the NHL has any brains at all. What the hell is the holdup on the discipline call? Nothing could be more clear cut. 

Just now, Habberwacky said:

Pretty sure thats what is going to happen.

Interestingly, while Niskanen is nowhere close to as good a Gallagher, he is their #1RHD.  This forces them to play Meyers up and Braun on the 2nd pair.  This could really hurt them moving forward.  Not sure who slides in next to Hagg - maybe Ghost on his off side, but he seems to have lost the coaches' confidence when dressed so... 

1 minute ago, kinot-2 said:

Brian Burke says that the hearing was this afternoon, and now they're just waiting for medical info to make a decision. 

If the league was waiting for medical info and the medical info is that Gallagher has a broken jaw we might assume that Niskanen is done for (at least) this series. 

Just imagine how tough Gally is..... guy broke his jaw and teeth and he get up and starts chirping then skates to the bench and lets the Flyers bench know how he feels. he is one tough customer! if this does not call for a suspension i don't know what does! it should not take a medical to get one other than perhaps to determining length of the suspension.

One lousy game. They better hope we don't win Game 6.

Just now, H_T_L said:

What a joke. I just heard only one game. What is wrong with this league 

The most idiotic decision this year by the NHL. If this goes to game 7 and we're losing late in the game they better bench that animal because somebody will be headhunting. The easiest thing they could have done was suspend him for the balance of Round 1

1 minute ago, GreekHockeyCoach said:

"It's a joke" like what Rod said

3 minutes ago, GreekHockeyCoach said:

Oh,,,, but but,,,, one playoff game is equal to 3 regular games,,, right???:rolleyes: Once again the NHL shows the rest of the sporting world how bush they are

If we end up getting blown out, in game 6 or  7, i hope we go head hunting

No clue why they waited on the medical to make a decision. They may as well just have fined him if a broken jaw is just shrugged off.

19 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

As I've been ranting on for quite a while: BUSH LEAGUE!!!!!

The DoPS states in their explanatory video:

- Niskanen is trying to get back at Gallagher and purposely goes to deliver a cross-check to his upper body.

- He delivers the blow with extreme force.

- The blow is reckless.

They basically state that they believe Niskanen was trying to injure Gallagher and that this was a non-hockey play and then go on to say that it's a one-game suspension because Gallagher's short and moves a bit and that Niskanen, even if he meant to hurt him, didn't mean to hurt him in the face. What a friggin joke.

On the same subject, why isn't Myers being suspended? He too gives a purposeful cross-check to the face with extreme force in a non-hockey play.

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

The DoPS states in their explanatory video:

- Niskanen is trying to get back at Gallagher and purposely goes to deliver a cross-check to his upper body.

- He delivers the blow with extreme force.

- The blow is reckless.

They basically state that they believe Niskanen was trying to injure Gallagher and that this was a non-hockey play and then go on to say that it's a one-game suspension because Gallagher's short and moves a bit and that Niskanen, even if he meant to hurt him, didn't mean to hurt him in the face. What a friggin joke.

On the same subject, why isn't Myers being suspended? He too gives a purposeful cross-check to the face with extreme force in a non-hockey play.

NHL is sending a message to all the small players in the league. You're fair game now. The big boys can take you out and complain your too small. I guess the big boys aren't responsible for their stick if your under 6 when they hit you. Insane reasoning. Stick hits face should be the same no matter what you stature. May take a while for the NHL to figure this rule thing out.  

11 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

NHL is sending a message to all the small players in the league. You're fair game now. The big boys can take you out and complain your too small. I guess the big boys aren't responsible for their stick if your under 6 when they hit you. Insane reasoning. Stick hits face should be the same no matter what you stature. May take a while for the NHL to figure this rule thing out.  

Maybe the NHL should make a rule that all NHL players should be 6' tall (no taller or shorter), , so that everyone is on equal footing. 

Ya know, (because I'm an optimist), Gally's surgery would have happened either last night or today. They "could" put an cage on his helmet, and he could "possibly" be in the line up on Fri. 

I remember a game where Mike Keane broke his jaw in a game and he came back to play in the 3rd period. Just sayin. 

Knowing Gally's heart, it wouldn't surprise me if Gally is playing tomorrow. 

JM2C.