Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Gallagher out. Requires surgery. Niskanen gets 1 game


maas_art
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, (because I'm an optimist), Gally's surgery would have happened either last night or today. They "could" put an cage on his helmet, and he could "possibly" be in the line up on Fri. 

I remember a game where Mike Keane broke his jaw in a game and he came back to play in the 3rd period. Just sayin. 

Knowing Gally's heart, it wouldn't surprise me if Gally is playing tomorrow. 

JM2C. 

I think the $1,000,000 question is: where was the surgery done?  Because if it was outside the bubble then even if he has wolverine-like healing abilities, he wont play for a minimum of 4 days.   4 days + 4 negative Covid tests to get back into the 'safe zone.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I think the $1,000,000 question is: where was the surgery done?  Because if it was outside the bubble then even if he has wolverine-like healing abilities, he wont play for a minimum of 4 days.   4 days + 4 negative Covid tests to get back into the 'safe zone.'

Ya, forgot about that. 

Maybe they could move the operating room to the bubble. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya, forgot about that. 

under normal circumstances Id say there's no way they did the surgery 'in the bubble' but im still sort of shocked they have a CT machine in there so who knows. Maybe they did it there. I have no idea what sort of facilities they have there.

I know guys have come back (with protective gear) within a week-10 days with a fractured jaw.  So maybe, if we can win the next 2, Gally makes it back in time for the next round!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, maas_art said:

I think the $1,000,000 question is: where was the surgery done?  Because if it was outside the bubble then even if he has wolverine-like healing abilities, he wont play for a minimum of 4 days.   4 days + 4 negative Covid tests to get back into the 'safe zone.'

 

6 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya, forgot about that. 

Maybe they could move the operating room to the bubble. :rolleyes:

I think they said yesterday (maybe Ren Lavoie???) that the Habs were hoping he could have stayed in the bubble but that finally the surgery required him to leave the bubble. The question was what kind of exposure he would have outside and how long he would be out of the bubble. But at a minimum, they said it would require 4 negative tests over 4 days. At worst, 14 day quarantine upon getting back into the bubble. So he's gone at least the rest of this series. Derek Stepan missed one game with a broken jaw against us a few years ago, so medically it's possible to come back quickly. More a question this year of the need to quarantine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, (because I'm an optimist), Gally's surgery would have happened either last night or today. They "could" put an cage on his helmet, and he could "possibly" be in the line up on Fri. 

I remember a game where Mike Keane broke his jaw in a game and he came back to play in the 3rd period. Just sayin. 

Knowing Gally's heart, it wouldn't surprise me if Gally is playing tomorrow. 

JM2C. 

His problem is in bursting their bubble. Once you have burst the NHL bubble you are very unpopular and they will not let you back in until they are over it. (a week or so I think). I'm an optimist with a very pessimistic perspective on this I guess, not trying to burst any more bubbles.:5141:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, tony5775 said:

One game, are they serious. When it goes to a game seven, that should be interesting. Should of been two games just for that reason.

 

Agree. This was foolish - not only because the punishment doesnt fit the crime but for the safety of Niskanen.  If things get out of hand in game 7, look for someone to go after him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Agree. This was foolish - not only because the punishment doesnt fit the crime but for the safety of Niskanen.  If things get out of hand in game 7, look for someone to go after him. 

Seriously?  Who on our current roster would go after him??  I see team after team taking liberties with Suzuki but yet not a soul steps in to do shit.  Watched a Philly player crash into Price two games ago and not a single player did shit all about it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 26NCounting said:

Seriously?  Who on our current roster would go after him??  I see team after team taking liberties with Suzuki but yet not a soul steps in to do shit.  Watched a Philly player crash into Price two games ago and not a single player did shit all about it

There's plenty of players on this current roster who would go after someone who has injured their teammates. They are too smart to do it if the game is close (as it has been) but, like i said in the post you quoted, if it gets out of hand one way or the other, I wouldnt be surprised at all to see things get ugly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

There's plenty of players on this current roster who would go after someone who has injured their teammates. They are too smart to do it if the game is close (as it has been) but, like i said in the post you quoted, if it gets out of hand one way or the other, I wouldnt be surprised at all to see things get ugly. 

Oh i think it will anyways the refs have been so bad the players are going to be frustrated and that makes for bad decisions in the heat of the moment. the part i find really sad is the Philly coach trying to use the little love tap on the head of his goalie which for sure should not have happened especially in the playoffs as a sore point motivator for his team. so what are they all going to pile on Suzuki now? is that even in the same league as a cross check to the face with a broken jaw and teeth that requires surgery! give me a break!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ya know, that when a player is seriously injured by an opposing player, then "usually" the offender sends a card or tweet or some for of an apology to the injured player. I believe that Chara sent an apology to Max. Nothing yet from Niskanen. :wut2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, that when a player is seriously injured by an opposing player, then "usually" the offender sends a card or tweet or some for of an apology to the injured player. I believe that Chara sent an apology to Max. Nothing yet from Niskanen. :wut2:

I'm sure he'll send him the stick he used ,,,,, autographed of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, that when a player is seriously injured by an opposing player, then "usually" the offender sends a card or tweet or some for of an apology to the injured player. I believe that Chara sent an apology to Max. Nothing yet from Niskanen. :wut2:

i mean its tough to know what is and isnt happening in the bubble. There seems to be very little sense of remorse but in fairness, ive only heard from AV and a couple of players, I didnt hear Niskanen himself say anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I question having Parros as the head of DoPS, seems like a decent guy but has never personified any “safety” as a player. I get it’s a thankless job but I’m sure the NHL could have found someone who fits the position better, someone who played the game with some sort of skill and not solely toughness. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

We all know the NHL wants only American teams in the playoffs to get more viewership, it's been proven year after year with the officiating they will do whatever they have to, to make it happen

Agreed. So sad.                       & pathetic!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, maas_art said:

There's plenty of players on this current roster who would go after someone who has injured their teammates. They are too smart to do it if the game is close (as it has been) but, like i said in the post you quoted, if it gets out of hand one way or the other, I wouldnt be surprised at all to see things get ugly. 

It's called discipline.  Couldn't have worded it any better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, booboo_mtl said:

I question having Parros as the head of DoPS, seems like a decent guy but has never personified any “safety” as a player. I get it’s a thankless job but I’m sure the NHL could have found someone who fits the position better, someone who played the game with some sort of skill and not solely toughness. 

It just seems, that nobody can do this job properly.  Having Parros in, is an oxymoron.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the Habs website:

"Marc Bergevin says Brendan Gallagher had successful surgery for his jaw last night in Toronto and is returning to BC today. Gallagher also suffered a hip tear in the series against Pittsburgh, but played through it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...