Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H_T_L

GAME 6 - Friday 7:00p.m.

How many penalties do we get tonight?   14 members have voted

1. 1. Another night in the box? How many penalties for us?

• None
    • 1 or 2
    • 3 or 4
    • 5 or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

154 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Can you imagine how good he'll be once he has a dominant winger to play with? Like if Caufield or Ylonen work out? 

1 minute ago, ramcharger440 said:

Suzuki and KK give me some hope for the future. they have arrived they do not look out of place at all in the playoffs and will only get better with time.

The Habs could potentially be set with Suzuki-Kotkaniemi-Danault-Evans down the middle. That's a lot of guys in the right seats, albeit largely dependent on the young guys developing on the same curve. I have high hopes for Ylonen but I think he's still a couple of years away from being impactful and we don't know if he'll be able to become another Tatar or whether he'll be more of a D'Agostino or so on. MB still needs to move to get help on D and on the wing.

Just now, ramcharger440 said:

Suzuki and KK give me some hope for the future. they have arrived they do not look out of place at all in the playoffs and will only get better with time.

Totally agree - I hope our draft can obtain some scorers beyond Caufield As there’s not much n the pool - ylonen and Gillis are playmakers 

What was that late hit on Suzuki?

Definite penalty. Late hit and from the blindside.

8 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Here's the thing: we al know they won't. Technically that's a penalty but if they called all of those, the entire game would be 3v3.

Yeah, and that's one of the reasons our game is kinda tough to watch for casuals. You have a guy who breaks his opponent's jaw by shoving a stick done his throat without even being penalized and all of a sudden they start calling random cross checks to the back like Weber's, which happens like what... on 20 occasions per game during the playoffs? I just don't get it.

Gostisbehere also catches Suzuki's head as part of the hit. Not just the head but given it's a blindside shot, that should have been a penalty without doubt. Apparently Flyers allowed to get away with dangerous hits again.

1 minute ago, ChiLla said:

Yeah, and that's one of the reasons our game is kinda tough to watch for casuals. You have a guy who breaks his opponent's jaw by shoving a stick done his throat without even being penalized and all of a sudden they start calling random cross checks to the back like Weber's, which happens like what... on 20 occasions per game during the playoffs? I just don't get it.

In the NBA, I feel like they just call mostly everything. Any little tap and it's a foul. In MLB, you can be unhappy with an umpire's strike zone but for the most part an ump's strike zone is his strike zone, even though it varies from one guy to the next. The NFL has had some issues with consistency in recent years, but I think there's still more consistency than the NHL. The NHL is really an outlier to me in terms of not only how inconsistent they are from one ref to the other but also from one to his co-ref in the same game and even the same guy calling penalties within the same game. It's just all over the place, and it looks like they know it and deliberately adjust their calls based on who it is and what the game situation is.

Chiarot with another bad turnover, leads to a Flyer goal.

2 CARPS

Then Chiarot runs over Price. Most overrated player on the team.

Habs players to blame for all three goals this game, Chiarot for that last one and he's already tipped 3 in past Price this post-season before that.

SUZUKI!!

:banana_dancing::banana_dancing:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And how about Drouin tonight. On fire.

So is this 92 guy new or what? I don't recall seeing much of that before

Just now, BigTed3 said:

And how about Drouin tonight. On fire.

ya gotta wonder what's finally gotten him motivated

The motorcycle speedster. 

Poll: who's been worse tonight, Weber or Chiarot?

I gave a Japanese guy a ride once when he missed his stop on the train and he said his name was Suzuki but the accent was on the first syllable..

Good news for us is that despite their lead, Philly can't defend anything tonight. We're getting chances.

Kevin Hayes is really bad in his own end.