kinot-2

Josh Anderson

112 posts in this topic

I’ve probably been one of the biggest “cheerleaders” for trading Domi for Anderson over that past six weeks. But acquiring Anderson was only phase one of my “if I were GM” plan. Phase two was to acquire Virtanen, phase three was to sign Hoffman. And if phases one through three were done correctly (move out Byron, Weal and one of our D), a possible phase four would have been to at least take a serious crack at signing Krug.

But man, this Anderson contract is a little rich. Basically handcuffs us. Maybe we can get Hoffman still, but IMO, we needed to check at least three of those four boxes to significantly move the needle. Will be interesting to see how the next couple of days pan out, but I’m less optimistic than I was 24 hours ago :/

How anybody can defend/like this trade and subsequent contract is beyond me.

Domi ... 0.667 PPG, 0.216GPG, 0.451APG

Anderson 0.431 PPG, 0.243GPG, 0.188APG

So first off, Anderson barely scores more often than Domi (to the tune of 3 more goals over 82 games).   He also has about 1/3 rd the assists.   So he's not helping line mates out either.     He is also coming off a season where before he was injured he had 1 goal and 3 assists over 26 games.

So Domi plus a pick for Anderson?   Ummmm what?   Based on value, it should have been Anderson and a pick for Domi.

Contract?  5.5 average cap hit? for a guy with one good season and coming off a horrible season, in the midst of a panademic where we don't even know what hockey will loo like in the future?   Even in a normal year, Anderson based on recent performance should not have been offered a 5.5 cap hit contract, where some years he is paid 8m/year.

We got fleeced by CB in the trade and MB got fleeced again by Anderson's agent.

2 hours ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

I’ve probably been one of the biggest “cheerleaders” for trading Domi for Anderson over that past six weeks. But acquiring Anderson was only phase one of my “if I were GM” plan. Phase two was to acquire Virtanen, phase three was to sign Hoffman. And if phases one through three were done correctly (move out Byron, Weal and one of our D), a possible phase four would have been to at least take a serious crack at signing Krug.

But man, this Anderson contract is a little rich. Basically handcuffs us. Maybe we can get Hoffman still, but IMO, we needed to check at least three of those four boxes to significantly move the needle. Will be interesting to see how the next couple of days pan out, but I’m less optimistic than I was 24 hours ago :/

You made the mistake of thinking that MB can follow through on more than one "phase" a year. :P   Its like a lof of his moves;  Good, but what comes next?  and then..there's no next. :P

2 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Congrats on your first Habs goal!!!

And the 2nd. 

Too bad we couldn’t get the win, but one game in, Anderson looks pretty much as advertised.

59 minutes ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

Too bad we couldn’t get the win, but one game in, Anderson looks pretty much as advertised.

He's a beast. 

10 hours ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

Who was Anderson playing on a line with for most the night? Drouin and Suzuki?

4 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

yes, exactly

45 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yes, they definitely looked like they had some good chemistry 

Awesome. Great start for him. Gonna try to catch the game on the weekend. Hopefully he gets two more!