The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Josh Anderson

kinot-2

34 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

He seems to be having bursts of good play. I feel like he might just be slumping hard. Like, he definitely still has his wheels and has been able to keep driving the net. He's just not finishing anything. To be honest, the Anderson, KK, and Byron line makes me very nervous.

Yeah, its odd. He's still skating & hitting hard but i wonder if he has some sort of lower arm/hand injury that is stopping him from making the shots effectively. He's not himself but its possible he's just too tight on the stick since he's slumping. If he breaks that slump, watch out.

2 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Yeah me too KK has moments where he is a turnover machine but he also has brilliant moments too. You can see KK's game coming together but for me when Evans is ready I think Byron might get moved out.

Originally i would have thought he'd take that LW spot next to Danault & Gallagher but Lehks has looked great there too... so its tough to say where his energy would be best.   The Suzuki line wont be touched and neither will the Staal line.. so you're probably right but i worry they'd sit JK for Evans.

19 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yeah, its odd. He's still skating & hitting hard but i wonder if he has some sort of lower arm/hand injury that is stopping him from making the shots effectively. He's not himself but its possible he's just too tight on the stick since he's slumping. If he breaks that slump, watch out.

Originally i would have thought he'd take that LW spot next to Danault & Gallagher but Lehks has looked great there too... so its tough to say where his energy would be best.   The Suzuki line wont be touched and neither will the Staal line.. so you're probably right but i worry they'd sit JK for Evans.

I actually think Evans for JK might be a good thing. Evans hits and creates and he has the speed to compliment Anderson. Byron has the speed and the awareness that really helps. Maybe a game watching might be good for JK?

8 minutes ago, archey said:

Stupid schedule...End of the regular season must have really thrown this guy off. That's how it is to my mind anyhow.

I think he hurt himself in game 2 against the leafs. I wouldnt be surprised at all if it was hands/grip strength because his skating/hitting/speed is still excellent but he is barely shooting at all aside from shoveling pucks at the net.  

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

I think he hurt himself in game 2 against the leafs. I wouldnt be surprised at all if it was hands/grip strength because his skating/hitting/speed is still excellent but he is barely shooting at all aside from shoveling pucks at the net.  

Haven't seen any outside shots recently? Good observation. I don't think he's suited to play with JK though. He did well with Suzuki but I can't see breaking up that line with the chemistry CC has with both of them. If Evans is ready I'd put him in over JK for a game on that line. 

4 minutes ago, maas_art said:

he did play AMAZING game 1, so you might be right

6 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

Haven't seen any outside shots recently? Good observation. I don't think he's suited to play with JK though. He did well with Suzuki but I can't see breaking up that line with the chemistry CC has with both of them. If Evans is ready I'd put him in over JK for a game on that line. 

Long term Id really like to see CC with JK and Anderson with Suzuki (maybe Toff-Suzuki-Anderson) but for now, no way i break up that Toff-Suz-CC line. 

5 minutes ago, habsisme said:

he did play AMAZING game 1, so you might be right

There was a play in game 2 where Simmonds really rocked him & I think he fell on his arm/hand.  Really wonder if he's had some sort of issue with that hand since. 

3 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Long term Id really like to see CC with JK and Anderson with Suzuki (maybe Toff-Suzuki-Anderson) but for now, no way i break up that Toff-Suz-CC line. 

There was a play in game 2 where Simmonds really rocked him & I think he fell on his arm/hand.  Really wonder if he's had some sort of issue with that hand since. 

I'd hate to see CC Suzuki broken up. Though CC would probably elevate JK's game. After we hoist the cup next season CC/Suzuki/Anderson I'd like to see. Toffoli/JK/Armia

27 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I'd hate to see CC Suzuki broken up. Though CC would probably elevate JK's game. After we hoist the cup next season CC/Suzuki/Anderson I'd like to see. Toffoli/JK/Armia

Those are the lines I'd want to see too. If Armia isn't back, could also potentially look at putting Drouin or Ylonen or even Gallagher with Toffoli/JK... if Danault and Tatar walk, then your top 9 could easily be

Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson

Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher

Drouin-Evans-Ylonen

• 2 weeks later...

It's great watching Anderson play, that combination of size & speed is something to behold.

The big question I have is why he's so inconsistent? With his skill-set, I feel like he should be a superstar, yet he's never hit 50 points: is it just a lack of hockey sense?

5 hours ago, Graeme-1 said:

It's great watching Anderson play, that combination of size & speed is something to behold.

The big question I have is why he's so inconsistent? With his skill-set, I feel like he should be a superstar, yet he's never hit 50 points: is it just a lack of hockey sense?

I would lay a large part of his inconsistency on the coaching staff.  For large portions of the play off run he has line mates that either can't keep up to his speed and just put in poor line up positions in general. I think Anderson is the type of player I would put on a line and leave there let him there to let him gel and get the feel of his line mates.  I would agree with the consensus and next year see a line of Suzuki, CC and Anderson think it would be dynamic

1 hour ago, 26NCounting said:

I would lay a large part of his inconsistency on the coaching staff.  For large portions of the play off run he has line mates that either can't keep up to his speed and just put in poor line up positions in general. I think Anderson is the type of player I would put on a line and leave there let him there to let him gel and get the feel of his line mates.  I would agree with the consensus and next year see a line of Suzuki, CC and Anderson think it would be dynamic

Agree 100% Anderson is not the guy to be making the play most of the time he is the finisher so he needs a good center Zuke is a very good center KK...... I am begining to wonder.

9 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Agree 100% Anderson is not the guy to be making the play most of the time he is the finisher so he needs a good center Zuke is a very good center KK...... I am begining to wonder.

KK was a horrible pick, especially to pas up on Tkkuchk who would have been a blast to see play on a line with Gally or Anderson.  Just another in a long line of bone head moves by our scouting dept

3 minutes ago, 26NCounting said:

KK was a horrible pick, especially to pas up on Tkkuchk who would have been a blast to see play on a line with Gally or Anderson.  Just another in a long line of bone head moves by our scouting dept

Yeah I understand looking to get a diamond out of the rough but we don't have to do that every time! once in a while it is ok just to take the guy that will be good enough right away! I really like KK but I don't know what he will develop into or if he will. Imagine Tkuchk in this last series getting into the goalies face Gally used to do that for us but he is either hurt or a spent force that we just signed long term.

5 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Yeah I understand looking to get a diamond out of the rough but we don't have to do that every time! once in a while it is ok just to take the guy that will be good enough right away! I really like KK but I don't know what he will develop into or if he will. Imagine Tkuchk in this last series getting into the goalies face Gally used to do that for us but he is either hurt or a spent force that we just signed long term.

It is hard to defend KK with the he just turned 21 line - Yes - Tkachuk has progressed faster than him, but I am not one to throw the baby out just yet. He has flashes but no consistency. He certainly needs some better linemates to succeed. Next year will be his Galchenyuk year - he either makes a significant jump or is on the treadmill.

The team has been built from the goalie and defense out - I think the Suzuki / Anderson / Caufield line could be dynamite, but we need more scoring up front

43 minutes ago, claremont said:

It is hard to defend KK with the he just turned 21 line - Yes - Tkachuk has progressed faster than him, but I am not one to throw the baby out just yet. He has flashes but no consistency. He certainly needs some better linemates to succeed. Next year will be his Galchenyuk year - he either makes a significant jump or is on the treadmill.

Instead of us always  saying he needs better line mates  to succeed how about he makes his linemates better 

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2021 at 7:24 AM, Regis22 said:

Instead of us always  saying he needs better line mates  to succeed how about he makes his linemates better 

It's hard to fly like an eagle when you're stuck with turkeys.   You can put a liptstick on a pig but its still a pig.   

You keep sticking guys like Byron, Lehkonen, and the other plugs with KK and yeah, he can only make them look better so much.     In the playoffs for example there were at least a dozen really great passes KK made to a guy with stones for hands who then proceeded to cough up the puck