Canadiens de Montreal

Start Date for Next Season is Jan. 13.

Montreal against Calgary          =   9 games

Montreal against Edmonton     =   9 games

Montreal against Ottawa           = 10 games

Montreal against Toronto         =  10 games

Montreal against Vancouver    =   9 games

Montreal against Winnipeg      =   9 games

This is what I come up with. Hopefully, we play to our abilities & finally make the playoffs & do some real damage!

On 21/12/2020 at 0:09 PM, Regis22 said:

Canada hasn't approved for hockey to play

The National Hockey League and its players' association reportedly agreed to terms Friday on holding the 2021 campaign. ... Approval from health officials in the five Canadian provinces that have teams is still needed before the NHL can go ahead with the season

It’s a go ! The NHL officially received the green light from the Federal government and the 5 provinces (with NHL teams on their territories) to start the season January 13, 2021.

as per CapFriendly...

The taxi squad will comprise four to six players. Those players on the squad who require waivers will still be held to those same rules, and recalls must happen before 5 p.m. The new rules also require that a goalie be part of the squad if a third goalie is not already part of the regular season roster.

Here’s where things get interesting: because the taxi squads will likely be made up of AHL players, they will be treated as such for the entirety of their stay on the squad. This means they can practice with the team, join team activities, and travel, but aren’t allowed to participate in AHL activities. This also means there will be no cap hit for players on the squad—it will be treated like buried cap space, as if they were playing in the minors, as stated in the tweet above—and if a player is injured, they will be treated as if it occurred while playing in the minors. As for compensation, two-way players will receive “minors” salary, while one-way players will receive the standard NHL salary rate, again according to CapFriendly. So, if a team decides to utilize the gray area in cap space to maximize their talents and alleviate salary cap concerns, things could get tricky. Remember, in order to be moved to the taxi squad a player must first clear waivers—and for teams with a multitude of highly-sought-after players, you could potentially be playing a dangerous game of “please let him clear waivers.”

20 hours ago, electron58 said:

It’s a go ! The NHL officially received the green light from the Federal government and the 5 provinces (with NHL teams on their territories) to start the season January 13, 2021.

:freu1::freu1::freu1:

23 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Does anyone feel the least bit disgusted the players will be allowed to travel the country while the rest of us are requested to stay home? 

Does leave a bad taste in your mouth. Somewhat similar to these politicians vacationing and hosting parties and gatherings :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Does anyone feel the least bit disgusted the players will be allowed to travel the country while the rest of us are requested to stay home? 

Not really, but I would have liked to go to the States this year . I feel lucky that the wife and I went to a cottage for a week this past Sept. We had to take our own linens and towels, but otherwise OK. I was looking forward to taking my grandson to Michigan for a few days to visit some (3) warships, 1 submarine, and I know he was disappointed not to go, now that he passed his drivers test. 

Edited by kinot-2
12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Not really, but I would have liked to go to the States this year . I feel lucky that the wife and I went to a cottage for a week this past Sept. We had to take our own linens and towels, but otherwise OK. I was looking forward to taking my grandson to Michigan for a few days to visit some (3) warships, 1 submarine, and I know he was disappointed not to go, now that he passed his drivers test. 

Are you sometime in the Future planning to see the USS Silversides in Muskegon? The LST 393 is there also. I live in Muskegon if you come this way let me know!

14 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Does leave a bad taste in your mouth. Somewhat similar to these politicians vacationing and hosting parties and gatherings :rolleyes:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhlers-will-be-exempt-from-14-day-quarantine-ahead-of-training-camp-1.1570976

Add to this the government has allowed thousands into the country without being required to quarantine. Not to mention the thousands who have been caught breaking quarantine rules but only issued warnings instead of fines.  

We're being played for suckers. A law for the poor and a law for the well to do.

6 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

Are you sometime in the Future planning to see the USS Silversides in Muskegon? The LST 393 is there also. I live in Muskegon if you come this way let me know!

That's very kind of you, Cat. Yes that's exactly where we were going. On the way back we were going to see the USS Edson in Bay City too. If things open up and we can go there, I'll certainly PM you about dates etc. Wife and I went there 2 years ago and toured all 3, and I figured my grandson would like to see them too.

Edited by kinot-2
On 12/31/2020 at 5:57 PM, kinot-2 said:

That's very kind of you, Cat. Yes that's exactly where we were going. On the way back we were going to see the USS Edson in Bay City too. If things open up and we can go there, I'll certainly PM you about dates etc. Wife and I went there 2 years ago and toured all 3, and I figured my grandson would like to see them too.

Please let me know if schedules work out I'd show you around or just give you any information you'd like. It's always fun to meet another fan.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

Please let me know if schedules work out I'd show you around or just give you any information you'd like. It's always fun to meet another fan.

It would have to depend on when the borders are open and the virus is under control before any plans are made. It might be quite a while. Not that I don't want to meet you. :P

Edited by kinot-2

Canada is more or less on a par with the rest of the world in battling Covid with the exception of the States . For that reason I think we can expect the Canadians teams to carry on relatively safely within the country . I'm not confident how this will play out in the American franchises  in a country where people are less prone to taking precautions and with a pandemic already out of control . Unless you completely bubble wrap a team there are no guarantees .The German Juniors missed half the team because of quarantine procedures ...I see issues happening south of the border .

8 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Six Dallas Stars have tested positive for Covid. No surprise there. 

The league said it is in the process of reviewing and revising the Stars’ regular season schedule with the expectation that the team will not open its 2020-21 season earlier than Tuesday, January 19.

There's some new rule changes this season., concerning:

Offside rule

New "taxi squad" roster

Goalies

Contracts

COVID protocols

Chasing revenue

More in-depth info can be found here:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/30668947/what-need-know-nhl-rule-changes-2021-season

7 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

BTW, we are now in the official "Scotia North Division". 

Sounds bush league. Any way to make a buck I guess.

• H_T_L locked this topic