The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

HABS 2020 Draft Picks

H_T_L

Mysak will be a great addition to the third line once he develops more, should be a replacement for Danault in a year or two

Tuch will be a great addition as well, think he plays a lot like Anderson,  maybe quite as offensively gifted but will add some grit to our line up

1 minute ago, kinot-2 said:

Habs traded pick #57,to TB in exchange for 124th pick this year and 2021 2nd Rd. pick.

I don’t mind that but we have a lot of 4th round picks now - nice to have another 2nd rounder for 2021 (total of 12 picks in 2021) so Bergevin has clearly got a plan to sustain his drafting depth. 

2 minutes ago, claremont said:

4th rounder Jack Smith - a us high school player - cmon man - a reach wtf 

NHL Central Scouting had him ranked 169th. And I believe that was among North American skaters. So... yeah. A reach at 102. I guess when you're into the fourth round you're really just crossing you fingers and hoping for the best anyway.

Just now, jennifer_rocket said:

NHL Central Scouting had him ranked 169th. And I believe that was among North American skaters. So... yeah. A reach at 102. I guess when you're into the fourth round you're really just crossing you fingers and hoping for the best anyway.

I get that swing for the fences high ceiling but there seems to be a couple of RHD swings like Alex Cotton or William Villeneuve that also have upside 

10 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Honestly these 'off the board' moves usually seem like our best ones so Im not too worried. Romanov and Norlinder were both ranked waaay lower than where we took them & we're pretty happy about both of them now.  

I actually think i have more faith in our "out there" picks than our "safe ones" lol. 

Just now, maas_art said:

Honestly these 'off the board' moves usually seem like our best ones so Im not too worried. Romanov and Norlinder were both ranked waaay lower than where we took them & we're pretty happy about both of them now.  

I actually think i have more faith in our "out there" picks than our "safe ones" lol. 

LOL! me too unless we are in the top5 it seems we bomb a lot!

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

Fair enough!

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic