H_T_L

UFA free agency

373 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

What the what??? 

Tampa wanted to trade him, he refused to waive his NTC, so here we are. They need cap space. Maybe worried someone's going to offersheet Sergachev or Cirelli and they need the room to be able to match.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Tampa wanted to trade him, he refused to waive his NTC, so here we are. They need cap space. Maybe worried someone's going to offersheet Sergachev or Cirelli and they need the room to be able to match.

Have to wonder if MB offersheeting Aho last year made TB more concerned some GM could do it to them. If so, then maybe MB's offeersheet forced Johnson away for no return. One bonus at least!

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

For sure....but man.  He's a moderately paid 50 point forward.  I doubt there's a team in the league that wouldnt find room for him on their roster & they waived him. Crazy times. 

Lebrun confirming he's also heard Habs made an offer to Simmonds for more than Toronto. So MB did want him. Means he's likely after someone similar.

3 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

If somebody picks him up does that nullify his NTC?

Just now, H_T_L said:

I don't think so, because it's already activated and he didn't waive it to be traded.

Habs made a better offer to Simmonds, but he signed with TO. 

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Lebrun confirming he's also heard Habs made an offer to Simmonds for more than Toronto. So MB did want him. Means he's likely after someone similar.

Im  glad we didnt get him then.  $2m or more means he probably pushes up the lineup.  IMHO he'd be behind Gallagher, Anderson and Armia.  I dont mind getting someone like Dadanov (or even Kovalchuk) and pushing Armia back but not for Simmonds. 

3 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

2 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I don't think so, because it's already activated and he didn't waive it to be traded.

Yeah i cant find any info on this because i think its nearly unprecedented!  Man what a year. 

Kubalik is signed, not sure who tho. 

Edited by kinot-2

1 minute ago, kinot-2 said:

Hopefully he knows :4224:

Bobby Ryan signed with the Wings, 1 year, $1 mil. 

They gave Simmonds a NMC so that may have factored in picking the Leafs

Gudas to Florida shows a GM whose priorities are in the wrong place.

Simmonds weighing which team has the best shot at a Cup and probably drank too much blue koolaid in picking the Leafs. Good luck with that.:frech1:

11 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Went back to Chi.

5 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

They gave Simmonds a NMC so that may have factored in picking the Leafs

Ouch. 

19 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Im  glad we didnt get him then.  $2m or more means he probably pushes up the lineup.  IMHO he'd be behind Gallagher, Anderson and Armia.  I dont mind getting someone like Dadanov (or even Kovalchuk) and pushing Armia back but not for Simmonds. 

I'm glad too ...Simmonds is slow ....I'd rather have Fred Gauthier if it's size you need 

Bobby Ryan signs for $1 mill with Detroit ....the prices are pretty low so far 

Just now, arpem-can said:

Bobby Ryan signs for $1 mill with Detroit ....the prices are pretty low so far 

So is the quality of player being signed thus far... Simmonds, Ryan, Gudas. Pass.

So is the quality of player being signed thus far... Simmonds, Ryan, Gudas. Pass.

Ya. Hall will be the really interesting one.  In a 'normal' year i think he'd probably fetch well over $9m, with term.  This year, im not so sure. 

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Ya. Hall will be the really interesting one.  In a 'normal' year i think he'd probably fetch well over $9m, with term.  This year, im not so sure. 

Most pundits seem to think Hall will sign for 1-2 years to try to re-establish value and wait for COVID to pass. I still think he'll end up with 7.5 to 8.5M per season. Maybe he takes a bit less if it's on a good team with a great chance at a Cup.

Lundqvist to Washington as rumored.

Lundqust to the Caps. 

Most pundits seem to think Hall will sign for 1-2 years to try to re-establish value and wait for COVID to pass. I still think he'll end up with 7.5 to 8.5M per season. Maybe he takes a bit less if it's on a good team with a great chance at a Cup.

Agree.  Its why i sure hope MB at least enquired.   If you can get a guy like Hall with no loss of assets and no commitment needed for more than say 1-2 years?  You'd be crazy not to add him.