The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

22 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Toronto has signed defenseman Travis McDermott to a one year $874,125 contract.  

LWOS  -  The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed defenceman Travis Dermott....

I'm thinking that this is what you meant?

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

TSN says Galchenyuk is close to signing in Ottawa.

Confirmed now. 1 year, $1.05m

Ottawa will still be terrible but a couple of interesting moves over the off season will make them tougher to play against. 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Confirmed now. 1 year, $1.05m

Ottawa will still be terrible but a couple of interesting moves over the off season will make them tougher to play against. 

I agree Ottawa won't be as bad as some are predicting ....certainly better than last year 

16 hours ago, Habberwacky said:

Ottawa signing Galchenyuk should help our goal production against the Sens.

Always liked this guy, he had so much talent. When he played for us he was the only Hab that could go end to end and actually score a goal. He might be a great late choice for a hockey pool when the season starts. I wish him well. 

57 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I was really hoping someone would offer sheet one of TB's players... I mean, it's a pretty fun thing to see unfold.

I mean, it could still happen but OS are always so super unlikely/rare.

They still have a couple of million $ in cap space but only have 18 players signed.  Only 4 D are under contract!  yikes.  Would be the right time to put in an OS , but what GM would actually do it?

Obviously we're not in a position to make an OS now but if we hadnt take on so many (arguably unnecessary) bigger contracts like Edmundson and Allen, we might have been able to do a deal around Sergachev and Johnson and sent them back a couple of cheaper players/prospects.  Ah well. 

21 hours ago, arpem-can said:

What in the world must Hoffman and his agent be asking for ?....he should have been off the board long ago 

Either that or he has a team he has agreed to a deal with & they need to clear cap space.  I mean theoretically they dont "need" to - a team can go over until the end of training camp - but it does weaken their trade position if other teams know they are over.  

1 hour ago, arpem-can said:

If Dadanov got $5 mill I'm sure he wants at least that and term ....still lots of time 

Rumour is they were asking 6.5+ but teams are saying his defensive issues are bringing down his value.

https://nhlrumors.com/edmonton-oilers-ryan-nugent-hopkins-mike-hoffman-anaheim-ducks/2020/11/03/

Edited by campabee82
51 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Rumour is they were asking 6.5+ but teams are saying his defensive issues are bringing down his value.

https://nhlrumors.com/edmonton-oilers-ryan-nugent-hopkins-mike-hoffman-anaheim-ducks/2020/11/03/

I think all to often fans over value scoring alone. Most teams and coaches want responsible players that can score. 

• H_T_L locked this topic