The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

I think all to often fans over value scoring alone. Most teams and coaches want responsible players that can score. 

I think he'll be lucky to get $5.mil. now.  The longer he remains unsigned, the less he will get. It's just the times..........

18 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Detroit forward Anthony Mantha has signed a four year contract.  Financial terms were not disclosed.  

The Detroit Red Wings and Anthony Mantha have agreed to a four-year contract worth $22.8 million, or $5.7 million per season.

6 hours ago, electron58 said:

The Detroit Red Wings and Anthony Mantha have agreed to a four-year contract worth $22.8 million, or $5.7 million per season.

Inspired by the contract Josh Anderson got - they’re similar players but Mantha has the more impressive pedigree - then there’s that Michigan vs Quebec tax rate thing in comparisons so no wonder we have to pay a little more in relative terms 

17 hours ago, claremont said:

Inspired by the contract Josh Anderson got - they’re similar players but Mantha has the more impressive pedigree - then there’s that Michigan vs Quebec tax rate thing in comparisons so no wonder we have to pay a little more in relative terms 

Seems to be the going rate for a power forward.  Anderson's cap hit being $5.5M.  It helps us that Josh shoots right.  I'm expecting big things from him.

Didn't realize, that UFA Kyle Clifford Signed With St. Louis Blues on a  two-year $2 million contract. The contract carries Clifford through the 2021-22 season. Had to figure @ $1M/year the Leafs could have afforded him. The one thing that the Leafs need, Grit, already gone. I don't know if getting Simmonds for $1.5M on a one year deal is really an upgrade.  Maybe on paper. I still think Clifford is faster.

Edited by electron58
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UFA - Anthony Duclair Inks a Deal With Florida Panthers By: Doug Winkey December 17, 2020

Forward Anthony Duclair has reportedly secured a job for 2020-21. He rejected a qualifying offer before free agency began, but he has a new home for the coming season. The contract is for one year at $1.7 million.

Edited by electron58

The Edmonton Oilers have inked UFA defenseman Slater Koekkoek to a one-year contract, reports TSN's Darren Dreger.

Koekkoek's pact is worth less than $1 million, according to TSN's Ryan Rishaug.

Edited by electron58

Veteran forward Ilya Kovalchuk has signed a two-year deal with Avangard Omsk in the KHL, the league announced Saturday.

This concludes the "back to Montreal" rumours. Too bad we didn't have him in his prime. He did breathe some excitement with the Habs, in his short stay.

UFA Carl Soderberg has signed a new deal. The former Arizona Coyotes centre had another productive year in 2019-20 but he might be starting to decline. The Chicago Blackhawks will attempt to recapture some of Soderberg’s production when he scored 23 goals and 49 points for the Colorado Avalanche in 2018-19. The deal is for one year at $1 million.

Edited by electron58

The St. Louis Blues have signed UFA left winger Mike Hoffman to a professional tryout contract. He will participate in the Blues’ training camp, which starts January 3rd. This is remarkable considering Hoffman’s market value.

• H_T_L locked this topic