Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2020-21 State Of The Habs


H_T_L
 Share

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Mattias Norlinder   signed 3 year deal

Yes this was exciting to wake up to.  Hopefully they dont play him all next year & then leave him out of the playoffs. But who would do that?  lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Norlinder talked about the next steps with the new NHL contract.

“I will come down and do the preseason with Frölunda before I go over to Montreal for rookie camp,” he said. The pre-season training in Sweden will start in August and then he will come to Quebec for his first taste of North American professional hockey. He would be eligible for the team’s main training camp as well.

The main question that Norlinder faces is what will happen if he doesn’t make the NHL club.

“The plan is that I will play with Frölunda next season, but it is subject to chance depending on what Montreal says after camp.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yes this was exciting to wake up to.  Hopefully they dont play him all next year & then leave him out of the playoffs. But who would do that?  lol. 

 

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Norlinder talked about the next steps with the new NHL contract.

“I will come down and do the preseason with Frölunda before I go over to Montreal for rookie camp,” he said. The pre-season training in Sweden will start in August and then he will come to Quebec for his first taste of North American professional hockey. He would be eligible for the team’s main training camp as well.

The main question that Norlinder faces is what will happen if he doesn’t make the NHL club.

“The plan is that I will play with Frölunda next season, but it is subject to chance depending on what Montreal says after camp.”

Yeah, Frolunda still owns his rights for one more year, so the Habs can't force him out of that contract unless Frolunda agrees. So it'll be up to them as to whether they grant permission.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Don't look now but our top three scorers are Staal, Toffu and Perry. :)

 

Bergy must of had a vision. Now if we can wake up that Anderson fella we'll be okay. I wonder who takes Evans place tomorrow. We need to get some players out of the infirmary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Habberwacky said:

Bergy must of had a vision. Now if we can wake up that Anderson fella we'll be okay. I wonder who takes Evans place tomorrow. We need to get some players out of the infirmary.

Talk on TSN is that they should go with Leks as he checks and plays the PK. similar to Jake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

Bergy must of had a vision. Now if we can wake up that Anderson fella we'll be okay. I wonder who takes Evans place tomorrow. We need to get some players out of the infirmary.

he played so good that first game but he's been off most games, not sure whats up with him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Talk on TSN is that they should go with Leks as he checks and plays the PK. similar to Jake.

Evan's has improved to a point where he is not easily replaceable which makes this injury even more devastating. I will include Byron and Armia in that group as well. These are players often talked about for trades, but they have some intangibles like speed and brains that are not as easily found with NHL players. Evans has show he is one of the smartest players on the team despite his issues with conccussion. It would be a tragedy of he follows the path of Andrew Shaw, but I don't think he is there yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Habberwacky said:

Evan's has improved to a point where he is not easily replaceable which makes this injury even more devastating. I will include Byron and Armia in that group as well. These are players often talked about for trades, but they have some intangibles like speed and brains that are not as easily found with NHL players. Evans has show he is one of the smartest players on the team despite his issues with conccussion. It would be a tragedy of he follows the path of Andrew Shaw, but I don't think he is there yet.

how many has he had

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we're really starting to piss off the media. Keep hearing comments like " The Leafs choked in Game 7" and "the Jets made it easy for the Habs to win Game 2". The boys are making them all look bad. Love it. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I think we're really starting to piss off the media. Keep hearing comments like " The Leafs choked in Game 7" and "the Jets made it easy for the Habs to win Game 2". The boys are making them all look bad. Love it. :lol:

I know! they just can't understand it! it made Button look like a tool! there are a few things going on here, Price is lights out playing really well the top 4 D are getting it done for now but I don't know how long they can hold. and we are getting some really good play out of our forwards who are really playing good hockey. the fact is we don't have too many men out right now. Gally is back in shape and must be pretty rested after he got hurt Evans got hurt but we have two really good forwards in Tater and Lehks who can come in a nd replace him lets not forget we don't have Drouin either who weather you like him or not is a good fast skilled forward, we even have a Dman or two who can step in if we need them all in all we have depth and  the guys are playing the system with a rock solid Price stopping anything that gets by. I feel like we can take Peg as they are in tough with injuries and suspensions after that I don't feel so confident.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was watching a video that pointed out Staal’s FO’s were in the 20% range last night, and they mentioned he looked like he might have hurt his wrist at some point, and perhaps that was partly to blame for his bad night at the dot. Hopefully it’s nothing, but it did get me thinking. With Evans already out, what would we do if we lost a Center? Whether it’s Staal or any of the other three, who draws in? Do we just move a wing to Center? Do we have a C in waiting?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

I was watching a video that pointed out Staal’s FO’s were in the 20% range last night, and they mentioned he looked like he might have hurt his wrist at some point, and perhaps that was partly to blame for his bad night at the dot. Hopefully it’s nothing, but it did get me thinking. With Evans already out, what would we do if we lost a Center? Whether it’s Staal or any of the other three, who draws in? Do we just move a wing to Center? Do we have a C in waiting?

Byron would be the first one i think.  DD has used him there before. I would assume Vejdemo would be next in line since Poehling is hurt. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Byron would be the first one i think.  DD has used him there before. I would assume Vejdemo would be next in line since Poehling is hurt. 

Byron is the next logical centre and you are right on regarding his previous use - he has much more skating pace and awareness down the middle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Byron would be the first one i think.  DD has used him there before. I would assume Vejdemo would be next in line since Poehling is hurt. 

 

Byron makes sense. I’d have to assume after Byron, Weal’sy would get a look before Vejdemo, no? Either way, pretty slim pickings, let’s just hope we don’t have to cross that bridge 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I think we're really starting to piss off the media. Keep hearing comments like " The Leafs choked in Game 7" and "the Jets made it easy for the Habs to win Game 2". The boys are making them all look bad. Love it. :lol:

Yeah. They make excuses for the Laffs and Jets but don't applaud the Habs for playing great hockey. They can all take a long walk on a short pier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Yeah. They make excuses for the Laffs and Jets but don't applaud the Habs for playing great hockey. They can all take a long walk on a short pier. 

we won't get real respect, nor do we really deserve it, until round 3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

Byron makes sense. I’d have to assume after Byron, Weal’sy would get a look before Vejdemo, no? Either way, pretty slim pickings, let’s just hope we don’t have to cross that bridge 

Why didn't they promote Weal to the Black Aces?  I think they already moved on from him, even though he played well in Laval.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Not stating causation, just an observation here but

- Habs 4-0 without Merrill

- Habs 4-0 when Evans is in the line-up

- Habs 3-0 without Tatar

 

Small sample size and there are always a lot of factors the same can be said look where were at with no Romanov?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

Small sample size and there are always a lot of factors the same can be said look where were at with no Romanov?

 

Absolutely, just pointing out that we've been able to win without two guys the coaches thought were important players (Merrill and Tatar) and that Evans is still undefeated. A lot of this boils down to Price being better in the post-season than he was in the regular season, but food for thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...