Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Recommended Posts

I like it.  He's no Taylor hall but the term is good.  He plays a similar game to Domi but much better defensively. Should fit in very well with Julien's style.  

Have to assume someone is going (we're slightly over the cap now i think?) 


So this offseason MB has:

- Vastly improved our backup goaltending
- Improved the depth of our defense
- Added 2 wingers who should be good for between 20-30 goals each and are both decent away from the puck

- moved Domi & a couple of picks. 


Overall not bad.  If Romanov surprises & can be a top 4 guy right away, this team could do well.  If not, we may still have issues on the LD, but at least its finally only one posiition. 

When was the last time we had this much quality at forward??   Heck we might be icing a Lehkonen - Evans - Armia 4th line! lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

At least this one makes more sense then a 7 year deal at 5.5

what even makes more sense is he's coming off a 3 year  $4.6 mill per from LA ...so Montreal are getting value at $4.25 mill...looking at the quality of goals from last year he's definitely going to help this club ...also I want to be the first to say he even looks a bit like # 73 Michael Ryder had with the Habs and so we already know what his jersey number will be in Montreal 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TOFFOLI!!!!

Lol I love it. My sights were set on Virtanen, but I figured the Nucks would have tried harder to sign Toffoli, leaving Virtanen available. But for whatever reason Benning decided not to re-sign Toffoli after trading so much for him at the deadline... Fine by me! Textbook MB, shits the bed on the Anderson contract (love the trade, lol but 7 years?), then turns around and steals Toffoli. Really, really looking forward to next season!

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

TOFFOLI!!!!

Lol I love it. My sights were set on Virtanen, but I figured the Nucks would have tried harder to sign Toffoli, leaving Virtanen available. But for whatever reason Benning decided not to re-sign Toffoli after trading so much for him at the deadline... Fine by me! Textbook MB, shits the bed on the Anderson contract (love the trade, lol but 7 years?), then turns around and steals Toffoli. Really, really looking forward to next season!

lol re: the Textbook comment ....yes this signing was out of the blue ...Toffoli wasn't even in the pic as a free agent considering what people rightly assumed was Van's intention  ...Bergevin like him or not has altered the identity of the club in a sizeable  way ..if Anderson can perform to expectations  this club as it now stands will surprise  and if the KK / Suzuli curve keeps trending upward even better  ...then there's Romanov 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arpem-can said:

lol re: the Textbook comment ....yes this signing was out of the blue ...Toffoli wasn't even in the pic as a free agent considering what people rightly assumed was Van's intention  ...Bergevin like him or not has altered the identity of the club in a sizeable  way ..if Anderson can perform to expectations  this club as it now stands will surprise  and if the KK / Suzuli curve keeps trending upward even better  ...then there's Romanov 

One thing is for sure KK and Suzuki have much more options to pass to now ones that may actually score! and not fall down when the other team gets close. it is almost like we are a real NHL team now.........how long has it been?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

One thing is for sure KK and Suzuki have much more options to pass to now ones that may actually score! and not fall down when the other team gets close. it is almost like we are a real NHL team now.........how long has it been?

'93? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Here's all his goals from last season.

 

Thanks for this, kinot-2. The man can snipe! Nice variety of goal types & seems to know exactly what he wants to do. Quick release & he likes to go upstairs. Better players make players better. This team is definitely trending in the right direction. Let's hope the world can get back to normal & we can start cheering on our new & improved Habs!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I'm not sure that anyone's going. We could easily get under the cap by demoting Ouellett after camp.

Do any of the other threads have a potential 23 man roster with the salaries, that show us how close we are to the cap? Figured the "State of the Habs" might, but it looks like that thread has been reset. I think that it would be an informative read. I'll post this in "State of the Habs"

Edited by electron58
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Do any of the other threads have a potential 23 man roster with the salaries, that show us how close we are to the cap? Figured the "State of the Habs" might, but it looks like that thread has been reset. I think that it would be an informative read. I'll post this in "State of the Habs"

Answered in other thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Do any of the other threads have a potential 23 man roster with the salaries, that show us how close we are to the cap? Figured the "State of the Habs" might, but it looks like that thread has been reset. I think that it would be an informative read. I'll post this in "State of the Habs"

Just for future reference,,,, the old State of the Habs thread has been archived but you can still view it if you need to go back and check on an old post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Just for future reference,,,, the old State of the Habs thread has been archived but you can still view it if you need to go back and check on an old post.

Sweet!  Thanks, H_T_L.  Where would that be found? nevermind. I see the Archives folder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

'93? 

ID say 95 because I think we actually had a better roster a couple of years later (just didnt have that magic run like in 93) but then Houle happened. How do you go from Turgeon, Damphouse, Koivu, Roy, Recchi, etc to... what we ended up with.   As bad as MB has been at times, no one compares to Rejean Houle for sheer ability to take a great roster and destroy it to a point where it took a couple of decades to get it back to respectability. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, maas_art said:

ID say 95 because I think we actually had a better roster a couple of years later (just didnt have that magic run like in 93) but then Houle happened. How do you go from Turgeon, Damphouse, Koivu, Roy, Recchi, etc to... what we ended up with.   As bad as MB has been at times, no one compares to Rejean Houle for sheer ability to take a great roster and destroy it to a point where it took a couple of decades to get it back to respectability. 

What a nightmare it was to be a Hab fan back then.  Rejean 'Dafool' & Mario Tremblay literally destroyed the team. Probably more Tremblay. 'Dafool' should have fired Tremblay so fast, but friendship trumps incompetence.  Just ask Sylvain Lefebvre.  He lasted way longer than he should have, Thanks to Bergevin. So many wasted years. Almost know what a Leaf fan feels like. Well, maybe not quite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 5:49 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

I'm not sure that anyone's going. We could easily get under the cap by demoting Ouellett after camp.

I assume Ouellet was signed purely to captain in the AHL again but I know MB said he wanted a bit of a cushion.  Waving/Demoting Ouellet and Weal would give him a bit more breathing room. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, electron58 said:

What a nightmare it was to be a Hab fan back then.  Rejean 'Dafool' & Mario Tremblay literally destroyed the team. Probably more Tremblay. 'Dafool' should have fired Tremblay so fast, but friendship trumps incompetence.  Just ask Sylvain Lefebvre.  He lasted way longer than he should have, Thanks to Bergevin. So many wasted years. Almost know what a Leaf fan feels like. Well, maybe not quite.

Tremblay did a ton of damage in the short time (2 years) he was coach for sure. But Houle... 5 years... that set us back at least 12-15 years.   Considering the assets we had... what he turned them into...and omg those throw ins.   It wasnt bad enough to trade Turgeon for Baron & Corson (and i LOVE Shayne Corson, he's a friend and was always one of my favourite habs, but holy crap that was a bad move) - but we also added Craig Conroy and Rory Fitzpatrick as "throw ins" - both of whom went on to have decent mid-level NHL careers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, maas_art said:

ID say 95 because I think we actually had a better roster a couple of years later (just didnt have that magic run like in 93) but then Houle happened. How do you go from Turgeon, Damphouse, Koivu, Roy, Recchi, etc to... what we ended up with.   As bad as MB has been at times, no one compares to Rejean Houle for sheer ability to take a great roster and destroy it to a point where it took a couple of decades to get it back to respectability. 

Shhhh we don't say the H name anymore! i agree it was like the dark ages!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...