Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
campabee82

Expansion Draft

Expansion Draft   15 members have voted

1. 1. Let's assume Danault, Lehkonen, Kotkaniemi, Gallagher, Taffoli, Anderson, Drouin, Weber, Petry, Fleury and Price are protected, and Armia and Tatar are left unsigned. Which of the Following would you rather lose to Seattle?

• Chiarot
    • Edmondson
    • Allen
    • Byron
    • Mete
    • Kulak
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

With the Expansion Draft less than a Year away lets get some insight into who you would protect and who you would expose. Keep in mind that Gallagher, Price and Petry have to be protected due to their NMC.

Kulak maybe Allen if the compensation is right.

Personally I would like to see Weber added to this list, an opportune time to get out from under that contract.

Since he hasn't been added, I would go will Allen.  Takes a good portion of the contact off the table and will allow us to bring up Primeau to give some valuable experience

2 hours ago, PAPPAPUMPED said:

Kulak maybe Allen if the compensation is right.

There is no compensation.

Expose Weber who is past his "best before" date and go with youth.

1 hour ago, 26NCounting said:

Personally I would like to see Weber added to this list, an opportune time to get out from under that contract.

Since he hasn't been added, I would go will Allen.  Takes a good portion of the contact off the table and will allow us to bring up Primeau to give some valuable experience

There was an other option lol. 

55 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

There was an other option lol. 

Opps, well obviously I have reading issues today LOL

1 hour ago, 26NCounting said:

Opps, well obviously I have reading issues today LOL

LOL no worries

2 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Expose Weber who is past his "best before" date and go with youth.

If we're considering moving Weber (which i dont think we are with MB at the helm) it would make a lot more sense to trade him for assets vs. letting him be picked up by the Kraken. 

I believe that Allen was signed with the hope he will be picked up by Seattle.  

He'll be 31, signed to a very reasonable 2 year deal.  May well be the most appealing goalie left exposed in the expansion draft, so i think there's a legit chance the team is right & the Kraken will take him. 

If they dont pick him, I would assume we'll lose a defensman.  Petry has to be protected, Weber will be protected and guys like Romanov and Brook dont need to be.  That leaves Mete, Chairot, Edmundson, Kulak and Fleury as guys who could be picked (and we can only protect one). I suspect out of that group we'll protect Chairot actually (unless he loses his job to Romanov).   In which case, i think Edmundson gets picked up.

There's an outside chance we lose a forward.  Suzuki and Poehling are both exempt, and we will undoubtedly protect Kotkaniemi, Gallagher, Drouin, Anderson & Toffoli (thats 5).   Lehkonen is the only other guy we'll likely protect who is under contract. Danault, Armia & Tatar are all UFA this summer so may or may not be signed, may be traded etc. Byron will almost certainly be exposed but at $3.4m its unlikely to be nabbed. Likewise Weal.  Evans is probably the only forward we'll likely expose, who may or may not be of interest as a young defensive centre. 

So my guess, if i had to pick, in order of the chances we lose guys:

- Allen
- Edmundson
- Mete
- Evans