The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Expansion Draft

campabee82

3 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Friedmann says Seattle still 50-50 on taking Price but that Habs expect they could lose a defenceman (either Kulak or Fleury).

Yeah it sounds like a great big game of chicken.  I actually am feeling less like they will take price and more like they are trying to extort Montreal.  Its interesting that Fleury's name - a guy who was really under the radar - has come up so much lately.  Makes me think he may end up being their selection. 

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

What time today will we know what Seattle's picks are?

officially it starts at 8pm est but its possible news will trickle out all day.  They have not yet submitted their list apparently. 

Cale Fleury

Jared McCann from Tor

Tanev from Pit

Driedger (FLa), Vanecek (Was), and Daccord (Ott) the goalies.

Larsson signed from Edm

Olesiak signed from Dal

Vince Dunn from Stl

Haydn Fleury rumored from Ana

Kole Lind from Canucks. 

So they're staying true to their word thus far of taking younger, cheaper players and not building too much against the cap. Still waiting to hear if they took a big name from Nashville or Domi from Clb. 

Giordano rumors for Flames. 

Of note as well, they reportedly did not sign Landeskog nor Hamilton despite talks with each. So Hamilton does remain at large for MB to try and get a pitch in.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

So they're staying true to their word thus far of taking younger, cheaper players and not building too much against the cap. Still waiting to hear if they took a big name from Nashville or Domi from Clb. 

This is actually the reason I thought they might take price tbh. Everyone else on pretty cheap deals, you can afford to overspend on a guy who can possibly make you respectable, although as many of us have pointed out, this isnt 27 year old price any more so... 

Of note as well, they reportedly did not sign Landeskog nor Hamilton despite talks with each. So Hamilton does remain at large for MB to try and get a pitch in.

Giordano confirmed by Lebrun now. 

I really hope we throw everything we can at him.   Our top 4 would be much improved with this signing.  

So thus far, to recap...

Tanev-Gourde-

Twarynski-McCann-Lind

Larsson-Giordano

Dunn

Oleksiak-C. Fleury

Driedger

Vanecek

Daccord

They've apparently signed at least tow more UFA's, but largely missing a top 6 forward group at this point. Still guessing we might see Jake Bean and Haydn Fleury on the back end, which would give them a very solid D corps. 

losing Fleury we'd really better hope Brook works out.  Our RHD depth was already pretty weak but I thought between Juulsen, Fleury and Brook we had at least one 2nd pair and one 3rd pair guy... 

4 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

So thus far, to recap...

-Jarnkok-Eberle

Tanev-Gourde-Appleton

Twarynski-McCann-Lind

Larsson-Giordano

Dunn

Oleksiak-C. Fleury

Driedger

Vanecek

Daccord

They've apparently signed at least tow more UFA's, but largely missing a top 6 forward group at this point. Still guessing we might see Jake Bean and Haydn Fleury on the back end, which would give them a very solid D corps. 

Updated with Eberle, Jarnkok, and Appleton added. So no Duchene or Johansen. Will they take Domi as a 1C?

The fact they didnt take Drouin makes me think he may be done. Unlike us, they would know exactly what was wrong with him & whether there was a chance he would come back to play again.   He'd easily be their best forward and not even comparable to a player like Fleury, all things being equal. 

What a shame, he had all-world skills. I hope is ok,

• H_T_L locked this topic