Dunn-Soucy

Lauzon-C. Fleury

Oleksiak-Macdermid

Bayreuther

Driedger

Vanecek

Daccord

5 teams left to leak... 

Sabres, Rangers, Hawks, Wings, and Ducks left to be confirmed. Again Haydn Fleury rumored from Anaheim and reports that there are two more UFA's chosen from the other 4 teams. Wonder if Barclay Goodrow was one of them!

8 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Donskoi-Jarnkok-Eberle

Tanev-Gourde-Appleton

McCann-Geekie-Lind

Twarynski-True-Bastian

Pitlick

Giordano-Larsson

Dunn-Soucy

Lauzon-C. Fleury

Oleksiak-Macdermid

Bayreuther

Driedger

Vanecek

Daccord

5 teams left to leak... 

Good looking defense.  Forwards.. some nice pieces there but a lot of 3rd and 4th liners (to be expected I guess, based on what was exposed).  I wonder if they talked with Danault who probably would have been their #1C.   Mind you, they may still sign him (or others) when free agency starts. 

Of UFA's from other teams...

McCabe from Buf (albeit coming off big injury)

Hinostroza from Chi

Svechnikov (RFA), Bernier, Pickard, Biega, McIlrath from Det... no fantastic options there.

Desimone, Goodrow, Smith from NYR

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

Good looking defense.  Forwards.. some nice pieces there but a lot of 3rd and 4th liners (to be expected I guess, based on what was exposed).  I wonder if they talked with Danault who probably would have been their #1C.   Mind you, they may still sign him (or others) when free agency starts. 

Yeah, other than Eberle, there are no clear top 6 forwards there, albeit Geekie could become one. Gourde, Appleton, Donskoi, Jarnkok, and McCann are all nice bottom 6 pieces, but not sure who will be scoring goals for this team, and their goalies are largely unproven as well. Defence definitely the strong part of the squad, albeit I'm really surprised they didn't take Bean. I think he would have been their best D and a guy who could have blossomed like a Theodore in Vegas.

That said, we are still missing a couple of choices and we don't know who they'll target in free agency with their cap space and the biggest wildcard is that we don't know about side deals yet. Some of these picks (Bayreuther, Twarynski, Macdermid, etc.) seem very odd and suggest that Seattle passed on a better player and got these guys with the expectation that a trade was made to protect someone else. So we may find out there are more pieces coming to Seattle tonight. 

Haydn Fleury now confirmed from Ducks. Good pick. 

Colin Blackwell rumored from NYR but with thought there was a side deal here. Some rumors going around that Seattle flipped Giordano to the Rangers in a trade.

And Chicago rumored to have lost a no-name player that no one considered, suggesting maybe a deal here too.

Clb denying they made any side deals to protect Domi and that Bayreuther was just the pick. 

Speaking of flipping players, not seeing a lot here that would help the Habs up front. Obviously Gourde could have been a replacement for Danault but similar contract issues. On D, we could use any of Dunn, Soucy, or Haydn Fleury but not seeing an impetus for Seattle to swap those guys out. The three guys most likely to be flipped would be the bigger contracts in Giordano, Eberle, and Gourde.

30 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Yeah, other than Eberle, there are no clear top 6 forwards there, albeit Geekie could become one. Gourde, Appleton, Donskoi, Jarnkok, and McCann are all nice bottom 6 pieces, but not sure who will be scoring goals for this team, and their goalies are largely unproven as well. Defence definitely the strong part of the squad, albeit I'm really surprised they didn't take Bean. I think he would have been their best D and a guy who could have blossomed like a Theodore in Vegas.

That said, we are still missing a couple of choices and we don't know who they'll target in free agency with their cap space and the biggest wildcard is that we don't know about side deals yet. Some of these picks (Bayreuther, Twarynski, Macdermid, etc.) seem very odd and suggest that Seattle passed on a better player and got these guys with the expectation that a trade was made to protect someone else. So we may find out there are more pieces coming to Seattle tonight. 

Good points. I suspect the Kraken team we will see on opening night will be quite different from what we're looking at right now. 

33 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Man. I joked a few days ago about Seattle bringing the Fleury brothers together. I can't believe that actually happened. :lol:

Well, you know, even a broken clock...  :4322:

27 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Is it just me or are Seattle gonna be BAD next season?

Yeah. I am curious to see how many draft picks he tries to pick up for the next coupel of years.  It almost feels like Francis ls like "we want to be historically bad and get a ton of high picks and truly build a team from the draft."  If thats the case, then a bunch of these  young players they picked should be along for the ride too.   An interesting strategy but as Edmonton and Barfalo have shown, lots of high picks doesnt necessarily mean you're going to be successful either... 

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Man. I joked a few days ago about Seattle bringing the Fleury brothers together. I can't believe that actually happened. :lol:

I think Seattle may have learned the wrong lesson from Vegas ("if one Fleury can get you to the cup final, then two ...")

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

The fact they didnt take Drouin makes me think he may be done. Unlike us, they would know exactly what was wrong with him & whether there was a chance he would come back to play again.   He'd easily be their best forward and not even comparable to a player like Fleury, all things being equal. 

What a shame, he had all-world skills. I hope is ok,

Or they were as much in dark us anybody and decided to not take the chance and instead select somebody who will in fact play

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Is it just me or are Seattle gonna be BAD next season?

I suppose you could argue we said the same thing about Vegas, although I suspect we see some "mean reversion" this time around.

Crazy in the cap world how so many big name and useful players were available, but the team is mostly no-names: probably the right approach, but still must have been tempting to go another direction.

29 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

Or they were as much in dark us anybody and decided to not take the chance and instead select somebody who will in fact play

I mean its possible everyone is in the dark to some degree- but the team has to know some of what is going on & they had to disclose that to Seattle when they left him off the unprotected list. 

• H_T_L locked this topic