The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Corey Perry

HabsRuleForever

19 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

One of the best pickups we have had in a while even at the end of his career he has been impactful for us and i really think the young guns look up to him and listen when he talks.

If only he could have scored on one of those incredible plays in the first 2 periods last night.  Ah well.

I agree that it isnt just 'on the ice'   If you watch the end of game 3 when we scored in OT and he came back & gave fist pumps and head taps to all the guys, Suzuki was the last one off the ice he & went to high five him & Suzuki was like "no way man" and took a hug instead.   Suzuki, CC, JK - they are all watching him and learning. 

He's been a great addition to the team. Not sure where he'll be next season, but would certainly welcome him back to play a similar role on a one-year deal... If he wants to come back. If we fail to win the Cup this season I could see him considering another year with Montreal, but he might also see what's out there. Perhaps he joins another team for a chance at the Cup next season. Hard to say.

3 hours ago, ChiLla said:

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-corey-perry-waivers-1.1658487

Interesting, I was very surprised when nobody claimed him but that surely explains it. Cool move, he legitimately seems to want to be here. Let's get him re-signed, he's great for the kids and can still play.

2 hours ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

I expect Toronto will be a little more interested in him this time around. Hopefully he’s comfortable here.

Based on the fact his agent told the other teams he wanted to stay with MTL and the fact that he's had a success and really seemed to gel with this team, if we want him back, i think he comes back, no question.

The big question is that if we can end up getting those 6 wins we need, to get a cup, does he (and Staal of course) hang them up?  Always a great way to leave the game if you can manage it. Recchi, Bourque, Daneyko - all did it (and im sure there's many more).  

6 hours ago, maas_art said:

Based on the fact his agent told the other teams he wanted to stay with MTL and the fact that he's had a success and really seemed to gel with this team, if we want him back, i think he comes back, no question.

The big question is that if we can end up getting those 6 wins we need, to get a cup, does he (and Staal of course) hang them up?  Always a great way to leave the game if you can manage it. Recchi, Bourque, Daneyko - all did it (and im sure there's many more).  

I really like him I don't think we need him and Stall going forward but for this season it has worked well in the playoffs with all the years they have in they are showing the kids the way. I would keep Perry for one more year but I am fine if Stall moves on or retires.

There is no DOUBT Perry has one more good year left in him maybe two, he does love to prove the doubters wrong..... But if the Habs don't sign him him whoever does maybe OTTAWA or even NASHVILLE will be right back here in the fight for the cup next year. He is that valuable to any team. Had Toronto pulled the trigger on Perry instead of Simmons ,Thornton, or even Spezza (think he is better than all 3) they would be playing Vegas right now, and getting cheated.... imo.    Totally Agee with R.C  we should move on from Stall, but too late now

23 hours ago, maas_art said:

Isn't Dr. Recchi  still a physician for a team somewhere ?...Vegas ?....

7 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

Stop passing the puck when in direct path of the net in the O zone and just shoot, for goodness sake!  

:lol: He does tend overhandle the puck. He's got some slick moves, but a few times I have found myself wishing he would just take a wrist shot.

4 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

:lol: He does tend overhandle the puck. He's got some slick moves, but a few times I have found myself wishing he would just take a wrist shot.

I think he'd be way more effective if his linemates knew what he was going to do but im not sure Armia has the hockey IQ and while I think Staal does, he doenst have the wheels anymore to get where he needs to be.   I could see Toffoli working very well with Perry tbh but im not suggesting we break up the lines. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-corey-perry-stanley-cup-final-1.1665900

Perry intends to continue career, would like to stay with Habs

Perry: “I intend to play hockey next year. I think there’s a lot of good hockey left in me and I’d like to come back and experience Montréal for being Montréal.”

works for me! as long as it is a deal like we had this year it will be good.

21 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-corey-perry-stanley-cup-final-1.1665900

Perry intends to continue career, would like to stay with Habs

Perry: “I intend to play hockey next year. I think there’s a lot of good hockey left in me and I’d like to come back and experience Montréal for being Montréal.”

That's awesome to hear. I think he could contribute again next season! If we fail to make the 2021-22 post-season, we can always trade him at the deadline for a pick. His body helps on the PP and he put in a solid shift during the playoffs.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

In my mind this a guy we will need down the stretch. make it happen! he proved he can still be a force when you need some 4th line action! a small raise is probably all it would take.

Curious why rumours have him signing with TB. No reason bergebin couldn't have him signed already, unless he wants more $$$.

43 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Curious why rumours have him signing with TB. No reason bergebin couldn't have him signed already, unless he wants more $$$.

MB already said he made him an offer, then said there’s only so much you can give . So the ball is in Perry’s court . Tampa has no taxes ( I think ) and better weather so perry could decide to go live in that coivid infested country 

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

MB already said he made him an offer, then said there’s only so much you can give . So the ball is in Perry’s court . Tampa has no taxes ( I think ) and better weather so perry could decide to go live in that coivid infested country 

Hope not Perry is a winner through and through we need a guy like him when things are going of center he has been there and done that and the young guys seem to really respect him!

41 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Hope not Perry is a winner through and through we need a guy like him when things are going of center he has been there and done that and the young guys seem to really respect him!

He was a rock, and certainly led by example. I hope Bergebin offered him a little bit of a raise. He earned it.

• H_T_L locked this topic