The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rest of the NHL news and scores

H_T_L

Vancouver Canucks forward Zack MacEwen has been suspended for one game for kneeing Edmonton Oilers defenceman Darnell Nurse.

The NHL's department of player safety announced the discipline Friday, saying in a video that MacEwen "directed a deliberate knee" at Nurse's head in Vancouver's 6-3 win over Edmonton on Thursday.

The Arizona Coyotes and head coach Rick Tocchet have mutually agreed to part ways, the team announced Sunday.  Arizona will begin its search for a replacement coach immediately.

“After meeting with Rick, we have agreed that a coaching change is in the best interest of the club,” Bill Armstrong, general manager of the Coyotes, said in a press release. “This was a very difficult decision, but we believe that it is time for a new direction and new leadership.”

The head coach for the Central Division champions, Rod Brind’Amour, has been extended. The Carolina Hurricanes are believed to have given him a 3 year, $5.4 million contract. This will take him through the 2023-24 season. Since taking over bench boss duties in the 2018-19 season, Brind’Amour has worked wonders for the Hurricanes. He has yet to finish lower than fourth in a division and has made the playoffs all three years. Over those three years, the team is 120-64-20, with 260 total points. Brind’Amour brought new life to a mediocre Hurricanes team and has been a crucial reason for their recent success. 

In the race for the highest draft pick losing is better right? Why then is the NHL making Vancouver and Calgary go through this 3 game farce? Flip a coin three times and make it a shorter shorter season.

12 minutes ago, archey said:

In the race for the highest draft pick losing is better right? Why then is the NHL making Vancouver and Calgary go through this 3 game farce? Flip a coin three times and make it a shorter shorter season.

Bunch of other teams involved in the race for a better pick so i can't see them flipping that coin. It will be a losefest. Looks like Vancouver is getting a head start tonight.

The Ottawa Senators announced today that the team has signed defenceman Artem Zub to a two-year contract extension. The contract holds an average annual value of $2.5M and will see Zub earn $1.75M in 2021-22 and $3.25M in 2022-23.

Minnesota’s Marco Rossi Cleared To Resume Hockey Activities. Of all the NHL players to test positive for COVID-19 this season, no one took the virus harder than Marco Rossi — before he was even able to make his NHL debut. The ninth overall pick of the 2020 NHL Draft by the Minnesota Wild, Rossi was expected to compete for a roster spot right away this year. Instead, he never even made it to camp after testing positive in November.

On 5/13/2021 at 3:50 PM, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Rangers fired coach David Quinn along with assistants David Oliver, Greg Brown, and Jacques Martin.  

The New York Rangers have asked for permission to speak with Gerard Gallant about their vacant head coaching job. 

Bruins gonna Bruin... Jeremy Lauzon with a forearm to the back of TJ Oshie's head while he was already engaged with another player. Knocke dhis helmet off afterwards with a subsequent hand to the face. No call of course.

Game 1 Washington vs Bruins was quite exciting :5187:.  Surprised that ex-Senators goalie Craig Anderson is now Washington's goalie :4845:!  Good for him to finally have a real chance at competing for the Cup :6280:.

Washington has an uncertain situation at goaltender with Vitek Vanecek suffering a lower body injury while failing to stop Jack DeBrusk's tying goal with 6:50 left in the first period.  So far, there has been no update on the severity of the injury.  Anderson was the backup with Ilya Samsonov unavailable after being activated from Covid protocol.  He was scratch May 3 due for disciplinary reasons and enter Covid protocol the next day.  He has not skated with the Capitals since.  If he participates in an optional skate today, it is uncertain how much time he'll need.  

Penguins vs Islanders Game 1 was another exciting playoff game :5187:!  Islanders did what they needed to do :6280:.

Vegas vs Minnesota Game 1 was an outstanding duel of the goalies :banana_dancing:! Freaking unbelievable!  I bet current form Carey Price is unable to produce that quality of goaltending :ph34r:. Who needs to pay $10.5 million for a goalie :7013:?

49 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

Penguins vs Islanders Game 1 was another exciting playoff game :5187:!  Islanders did what they needed to do :6280:.

Vegas vs Minnesota Game 1 was an outstanding duel of the goalies :banana_dancing:! Freaking unbelievable!  I bet current form Carey Price is unable to produce that quality of goaltending :ph34r:. Who needs to pay $10.5 million for a goalie :7013:?

I've liked the games I've seen so far. I like that it appears they are letting the players decide and not calling all the soft penalties. Seasonal hockey is becoming terrible with the penalties being called and everything having to be looked. I hope the playoffs continue with "old style playoff hockey!

1 hour ago, CaptWelly said:

I've liked the games I've seen so far. I like that it appears they are letting the players decide and not calling all the soft penalties. Seasonal hockey is becoming terrible with the penalties being called and everything having to be looked. I hope the playoffs continue with "old style playoff hockey!

Then we have a chance.

• H_T_L locked this topic