The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rest of the NHL news and scores

H_T_L

Just now, H_T_L said:

Well,,,, we've now outlasted every other team that i hate.:lol:

I didn't hate Tampa all that much last year, but

1. I don't want to see them repeat and get all cocky

2. They definitely played the system and faked that injuries were lasting longer than they actually did in order to make the Kucherov and Stamkos injuries heal at exactly the right time to start the playoffs... using LTIR is legal, but keeping a player on LTIR when he's ready to come back is illegal, and I think they and Kucherov and Stamkos all agreed to fix it so they were back just in time to maximize cap space. To me, that's dishonest.

So I have no interest in Tampa winning. Definitely pulling for a Habs-Isles final.

In order, who I'd want to win the Cup now:

1. Habs

2. Anyone who's not Tampa (in order I'll take Isles, Vegas, and then Colorado)

3. Tampa

14 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

I didn't hate Tampa all that much last year, but

1. I don't want to see them repeat and get all cocky

2. They definitely played the system and faked that injuries were lasting longer than they actually did in order to make the Kucherov and Stamkos injuries heal at exactly the right time to start the playoffs... using LTIR is legal, but keeping a player on LTIR when he's ready to come back is illegal, and I think they and Kucherov and Stamkos all agreed to fix it so they were back just in time to maximize cap space. To me, that's dishonest.

So I have no interest in Tampa winning. Definitely pulling for a Habs-Isles final.

In order, who I'd want to win the Cup now:

1. Habs

2. Anyone who's not Tampa (in order I'll take Isles, Vegas, and then Colorado)

3. Tampa

Dougie Hamilton of the Canes stated they lost to a team $18 million over the cap. I don't think he is wrong.

Just now, habs1952 said:

Dougie Hamilton of the Canes stated they lost to a team $18 million over the cap. I don't think he is wrong.

Yup,,,, definitely champs at exploiting the Cap.

39 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

There are many fans that I have talked to that share your sentiment - I wonder if the league will correct that TBay mockery in new rules to come

Nice to see Columbus promote long serving assistant Brad Larsen to head coach on a 3 year contract instead of picking a retread off the coaching merry-go-round that is prevalent in the NHL.

• H_T_L locked this topic