The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rest of the NHL news and scores

H_T_L

On 6/18/2021 at 4:23 PM, Regis22 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/chicago-blackhawks-alleged-sex-abuse-of-players-police-1.1656229

Blackhawks refused to report alleged sex abuse of players to police: source

In these times, this is so wrong in every way.  I hope that every single person involved in the cover up is disciplined to the max! Not sure of all the culprits,  but of note, whether he knew or not, bergevin was there from 2008 - 2012. 

7 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Not sure of all the culprits,  but of note, whether he knew or not, bergevin was there from 2008 - 2012. 

He s already on record saying he was not aware of it 

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/2021/6/28/22552925/chicago-blackhawks-news-reports-updates-analysis-commentary-stan-bowman-sexual-assault-allegations

John Torchetti, who was an associate coach with the Blackhawks from 2007 to 2010, said that he remembers then-Blackhawks skills coach Paul Vincent telling him about what the players had confided in him, and what had happened after Vincent brought those allegations to management.

“I couldn’t believe what I was hearing when Paul told me what the players had said to him,” Torchetti said in an interview with TSN on Friday.

“We talked about it and he said, with the players’ permission, he had to go and take this to management to be dealt with.”

Torchetti said Vincent told him after that “all the brass” were in the meeting.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/blackhawks/ct-chicago-blackhawks-sexual-assault-lawsuits-20210627-polnbrjlbnhxra7ecellmhnvim-story.html

Brad would routinely befriend young interns and invite them to his apartment in Chicago to watch March Madness basketball and other sports,” a Hawks marketing official, who requested anonymity, told TSN. “I was told to steer clear of him because he had tried something at his apartment on a few players. This was not something that only a few people knew about. The entire training staff, a lot of people knew. ... This was an open secret.”

The Athletic quoted an anonymous player from the 2010 team as saying: “Every guy on the team knew about it. Every single guy on the team knew.”

Nick Boynton, another 2010 player, said skills coach Paul Vincent told players he would alert Hawks management and advise the team to call Chicago police.

“I trust (Vincent) over the front office,” Boynton said, according to The Athletic. “He’s a stand-up guy.”

Brent Sopel, another member of the 2010 team, tweeted: “The front office staff should be in jail. The NHL is showing (their) true colours. Gary doesn’t care about anyone but himself. This is absolutely disgusting that the NHL is doing nothing.”

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

RNH signs an 8 year deal with an average Cap hit of 5,125. Does that help us in our negotiations with Danault?

Tough to say.  

You'd have to think they are similar in value: similar ages, RNH is more offensively gifted but PD is obviously better defensively.  I wouldnt have been surprised to see them sign at similar prices (or RNH a little higher) but the 8 year term is the killer imho.   That means he'll be 36 when the deal runs out & I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Edmonton regretting this deal in the back half of the contract. 

I am sure PD would sign the same deal but honestly Id rather not have him signed for more than 4 or 5 years... 

Sens have hired Pierre McGuire as VP player development, and I am laughing. Hopefully he ruins some of their players. I had to believe they were doing fine without his being there. Great collection of youth, and what exactly is McGuire going to bring to them?

7 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Sens have hired Pierre McGuire as VP player development, and I am laughing. Hopefully he ruins some of their players. I had to believe they were doing fine without his being there. Great collection of youth, and what exactly is McGuire going to bring to them?

I mean he's an encyclopedia of hockey knowledge so there's that.... in a practical sense? I have no idea how that will help them. 

Considering he's been an on-air personality for what, the last 25 years? it makes you think he might be a little out of touch with the game today but who knows. 

Duncan Kieth to the Oilers per Frank Seravalli

Pending trade call, sounds like #Hawks Duncan Keith will indeed be heading to #Oilers in exchange for D Caleb Jones and a mid-round pick (3rd or 4th round). Final details still being ironed out.

59 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Duncan Kieth to the Oilers per Frank Seravalli

Pending trade call, sounds like #Hawks Duncan Keith will indeed be heading to #Oilers in exchange for D Caleb Jones and a mid-round pick (3rd or 4th round). Final details still being ironed out.

Jones and a 3rd and no salary retained according to reports. Not a great trade for Edmonton, and they'll have to protect him in the ED too...

10 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

McGuire  knows everything anyone needs to know about hockey ...just ask him 

The Toronto Maple Leafs have hired Dean Chynoweth as an assistant coach.

The 52-year-old replaces former assistant coach Dave Hakstol, who was recently named the first head coach of the expansion Seattle Kraken.

• H_T_L locked this topic