The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jan. 21, Habs at Vancouver Again. 9:30 EST.

OK,,,,, lets have a better effort against these guys.

canucks-vs-canadiens-e1582645226705.jpg

Chances are that Allen will be in net.

Edited by kinot-2

Allen will be in net, Price was ok but lack of discipline cost us a point. A much concerted effort is needed tonight,stay-out of the box!

You're on defense. Your guy is standing in front of the net. He looks calm. So what????? I guess we don't put in horse fencing after all. Or so. It was just a really frustrating game.

And we won't do any better tonight is my guess.

Edited by archey
9 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I actually thought the effort was ok, we just took some really dumb penalties.  Curb that & we win imho. 

10 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I actually thought the effort was ok, we just took some really dumb penalties.  Curb that & we win imho. 

Yeah, effort seemed solid... Although I did feel like we were giving away a good number of odd-man chances again. The game seemed more run-and-gun than I expected. Certainly if we could stop taking penalties, our five-on-five gameplay should get us a victory!

Edited by jennifer_rocket

Effort was there we looked good 5 on 5 Price was just human and the penalties have got to stop! how many times are we going to shoot the puck over the glass? at least Toffoli got going! i kind of felt we would have an off game and Vancover was desperate.

Looking for a better officiated game tonight. Some of those calls were really really soft. Kulak's and KK's in particular were weak. I also would like to see us draw some more penalties, our PP has been great this year. Who knew adding some scorers to the lineup would improve the PP :rolleyes:?! I wonder how much of the penalties against are a result from Matthews and Tavares whining to the media? 

11 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

canucks-vs-canadiens-e1582645226705.jpg

Chances are that Allen will be in net.

Effort was not a question in the slightest. 
greater discipline? Yes. 100 percent on board. Needs to change. But I doubt it will this game. Omgosh. 

18 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Looking for a better officiated game tonight. Some of those calls were really really soft. Kulak's and KK's in particular were weak. I also would like to see us draw some more penalties, our PP has been great this year. Who knew adding some scorers to the lineup would improve the PP :rolleyes:?! I wonder how much of the penalties against are a result from Matthews and Tavares whining to the media? 

Nope. Keep your hands on your stick. Pretty simple stuff. 

Edited by dreegking
1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

Effort was there we looked good 5 on 5 Price was just human and the penalties have got to stop! how many times are we going to shoot the puck over the glass? at least Toffoli got going! i kind of felt we would have an off game and Vancover was desperate.

Price has his worst game since the bubble began last year. Below human last game. Truth but told. since the bubble began he’s been the best goalie in the world. last night was piss poor though.

need a big game from Allen tonight in the  battle of the twos  

Have to agree "dreegking"! Last night was the worst game Carey played since before the 20 playoffs. He was not focused and one his better assets "following the play" was not there! He was not in the game from the drop of the puck and most of the goals scored were normal stops for him on any given day. Not sure what was bothering him but not the Price I have watched during the playoffs and before last night.

Oh weel hopefully this was just "one of those days"!!

Tonight the penalty box needs to be a Covid-19 infected area for the Habs! Let's try to be more diciplined!!!!:6396:

5 minutes ago, richard464 said:

Have to agree "dreegking"! Last night was the worst game Carey played since before the 20 playoffs. He was not focused and one his better assets "following the play" was not there! He was not in the game from the drop of the puck and most of the goals scored were normal stops for him on any given day. Not sure what was bothering him but not the Price I have watched during the playoffs and before last night.

Oh weel hopefully this was just "one of those days"!!

Tonight the penalty box needs to be a Covid-19 infected area for the Habs! Let's try to be more diciplined!!!!:6396:

Covid infected pb. Ha. Nice. 

2 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I guess we're doomed.

And Quinn Hughes only has 1 year of experience. 

Just now, HARBORSPORT said:

lets go get 'em boys...lots of goals early (for us !! )................so we can secure a win in reg, ...........I need my beauty sleep

You're that ugly, huh? :lol:

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic