The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jan. 21, Habs at Vancouver Again. 9:30 EST.

4 minutes ago, HARBORSPORT said:

the third banana from the left looks a little out of step..........maybe i'm just tired

You're tired, go to bed. :P

9 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

2012 - 3 games for boarding on Gomez

2014 - 3 games for head hit on Zubrus

2016 - Fined $5000 for a crosscheck to the neck

Nothing since,but he's a dirty player

The NHL defines a repeat offender as someone who has had supplemental discipline in the last 18 months. Therefore he will not be viewed as a repeat offender but they will still take those other hits into account.

Every Habs player has a SOG. 

Armia concussed. confirmed by CJ.

Edited by kinot-2

Early word from NHL Player Safety is #Canucks

NHL_2021_Teams_canucks.png

D Tyler Myers might escape suspension for hit on F Joel Armia. Doesn’t look good for D Alex Edler for Sat rubber-match vs #GoHabsGo

NHL_2021_Teams_GoHabsGo.png

. Jalen Chatfield re-evaluated tomorrow.

5 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Early word from NHL Player Safety is #Canucks

NHL_2021_Teams_canucks.png

D Tyler Myers might escape suspension for hit on F Joel Armia. Doesn’t look good for D Alex Edler for Sat rubber-match vs #GoHabsGo

NHL_2021_Teams_GoHabsGo.png

. Jalen Chatfield re-evaluated tomorrow.

Not sure I understand that and that statement is coming from a Vancouver source. If you look at the hit, Armia does touch the puck, so it's not interference, but look at the line Myers takes. He's not lined up to hit Armia in the body, he lines up and moves through the space beside Armia and the main point of contact is the head and upper chest. Historically, when there's picking of that area without a line through the body, that's been a suspension. I'd say he's gone for at least our next game against Vancouver and more reasonably 3 games. But with the NHL, it's a game of who knows as always...

Not a great game from the net but that's 4 points from the backup so far. I think that's better then the last 2 seasons combined.:lol:

Trying to avoid starting that injury thread. What's the status on Armia and Byron?

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
24 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Not a great game from the net but that's 4 points from the backup so far. I think that's better then the last 2 seasons combined.:lol:

Trying to avoid starting that injury thread. What's the status on Armia and Byron?

Armia concussion, likely not cleared for a while so they may as well put him on LTIR to be able to replace him.

Byron has a foot injury and is day to day.

4 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Armia concussion, likely not cleared for a while so they may as well put him on LTIR to be able to replace him.

Byron has a foot injury and is day to day.

Thanks for the update. I guess we're going to see 1st hand how that taxi squad works. I imagine Perry will be the call up

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Not sure I understand that and that statement is coming from a Vancouver source. If you look at the hit, Armia does touch the puck, so it's not interference, but look at the line Myers takes. He's not lined up to hit Armia in the body, he lines up and moves through the space beside Armia and the main point of contact is the head and upper chest. Historically, when there's picking of that area without a line through the body, that's been a suspension. I'd say he's gone for at least our next game against Vancouver and more reasonably 3 games. But with the NHL, it's a game of who knows as always...

If true that is total BS, Montreal should just go out an target Hughes or Petterson then! I hate the so called player safety commitee

34 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

So,,, is Myers getting a hearing with player safety or what? Haven't heard a word.

Listening to TSN 690, and they don't know either. 

• H_T_L locked this topic